MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Looking for a detailing starter kit for maintaining exterior with ceramic coating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a detailing starter kit for maintaining exterior with ceramic coating

I'm starting from scratch and relatively lazy when it comes to shopping.

Any recommendations for vendors or websites that sell complete kits with everything needed to detail the exterior of a C8 with ceramic coating?

Forum Vendor Adams has good deals on buying kits.

Comment

Originally posted by ZORA 69 View Post
      Forum Vendor Adams has good deals on buying kits.
      Thank you!
      Here you go, here is a great Ceramic maintenance kit.

https://adamspolishes.com/collection...aintenance-kit
      Adamspolishes.com
      Official GM Licensed Detailing Products of the Chevrolet Corvette!

Comment

Originally posted by jackfrostpdx View Post
        I'm starting from scratch and relatively lazy when it comes to shopping.

Any recommendations for vendors or websites that sell complete kits with everything needed to detail the exterior of a C8 with ceramic coating?
        So....full disclosure....I'm *NOT* a professional detailer, but I have been extensively detailing my cars (and others) for over 15 years, and have been very involved with Adams Polishes that entire period - Adam is a personal friend. Adam, and most of the other top notch product suppliers, will tell you that, within the upper tier of products, there are not a lot of differences between them, i.e. nobody is head and shoulders above anyone else in terms or product quality & performance. (Not true for the 2nd tier and lower brands).

Given that, I always tell people that your purchase supports a company....so think about who you choose to support.....

Adams is USA based, tries to focus on US sourced products, and genuinely cares about their customers. A friend's house burned down....Adams (quietly, without publicity) replaced all the product he lost in his garage due to the fire. When I got laid off many years ago, Adam called me within 10 minutes of finding me out, asking me "how can I help?" - he went above and beyond to get me back on my feet. Talk to anyone who has dealt with him/them over the years, and you will suddenly hear all sorts of similar stories, none of which the company ever used for self promotion.

While their products are excellent, and they are the "Official Car Care Products for Corvette and Camaro", they are also an American success story that got their start with one guy (Adam) detailing the local Coca-Cola delivery truck fleet while in High School. And they still care.

That's why they are where I choose to spend my detailing budget.
        Proud owner (along with my wife) of the FIRST retail delivered C8 HTC!

Comment

Originally posted by Adam’s Polishes View Post

Thank you!
          Here you go, here is a great Ceramic maintenance kit.

https://adamspolishes.com/collection...aintenance-kit
          I am seeing dit kits....How difficult is it.

Comment

My detail cabinet looks like a mini Adams products for sale display at a car show. Before one applies any of their great items, make sure your car, yes even your brand new C8, has its paint is ready to receive them.

I start with a wash with a non car detergent (such as Dawn — the only time I use this detergent on a vehicle is its first wash). I want everything removed from the paint. Then I use Irox X — critical in my opinion to remove any iron particles which have gotten into the paint from its BGA travel to your house. Then I could do the plastic bag test to determine whether your car needs clay bar (applied with detailer) or alternatively Nanoskin AutoScrub’s Fine mitt (also applied with lot of detailer).

Then I polish (Adams has great products for that too), but go as gentle polishing as you car needs. Some think we need to start with a full scale random orbital polisher, but perhaps your C8’s paint is so good from the factory that all your are needing and wanting is a hand polishing.

Then lastly go to the Adams ceramic kit such as linked above.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              My detail cabinet looks like a mini Adams products for sale display at a car show. Before one applies any of their great items, make sure your car, yes even your brand new C8, has its paint is ready to receive them.

I start with a wash with a non car detergent (such as Dawn — the only time I use this detergent on a vehicle is its first wash). I want everything removed from the paint. Then I use Irox X — critical in my opinion to remove any iron particles which have gotten into the paint from its BGA travel to your house. Then I could do the plastic bag test to determine whether your car needs clay bar (applied with detailer) or alternatively Nanoskin AutoScrub’s Fine mitt (also applied with lot of detailer).

Then I polish (Adams has great products for that too), but go as gentle polishing as you car needs. Some think we need to start with a full scale random orbital polisher, but perhaps your C8’s paint is so good from the factory that all your are needing and wanting is a hand polishing.

Then lastly go to the Adams ceramic kit such as linked above.
              I don't really trust myself to perform any decontamination or significant cleaning post-delivery before I get it to your friend [email protected] for paint correction and cquartz finest reserve.

So my main concern to how to maintain the car from this point onward.

Thanks all for highlighting the Adams product line. It looks like the ceramic kit, the washing kit, and maybe the towels kit would be a good starting point?

Comment

I was looking for a ceramic to try also. I look at Avalonking and they started bugging me with emails and a discount. Not knowing better I went ahead and ordered it. A few days later they emailed me saying they shipped it and to check tracking. I tried and was told that it cannot ship because of the copit 19. It's been another week and nothing. I cannot call or email them.

This is the first mistake I have made.

I have used Adams tor and love everything about them.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you paid for your Avalongking with a credit card so you do not get taken in the end.
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by ALF01 View Post

So....full disclosure....I'm *NOT* a professional detailer, but I have been extensively detailing my cars (and others) for over 15 years, and have been very involved with Adams Polishes that entire period - Adam is a personal friend. Adam, and most of the other top notch product suppliers, will tell you that, within the upper tier of products, there are not a lot of differences between them, i.e. nobody is head and shoulders above anyone else in terms or product quality & performance. (Not true for the 2nd tier and lower brands).

Given that, I always tell people that your purchase supports a company....so think about who you choose to support.....

Adams is USA based, tries to focus on US sourced products, and genuinely cares about their customers. A friend's house burned down....Adams (quietly, without publicity) replaced all the product he lost in his garage due to the fire. When I got laid off many years ago, Adam called me within 10 minutes of finding me out, asking me "how can I help?" - he went above and beyond to get me back on my feet. Talk to anyone who has dealt with him/them over the years, and you will suddenly hear all sorts of similar stories, none of which the company ever used for self promotion.

While their products are excellent, and they are the "Official Car Care Products for Corvette and Camaro", they are also an American success story that got their start with one guy (Adam) detailing the local Coca-Cola delivery truck fleet while in High School. And they still care.

That's why they are where I choose to spend my detailing budget.
                    I could not say it any better about Adam and Adams Polishes. Adam is a great guy and his company has great products.

Comment

Originally posted by jmickfly View Post

I am seeing dit kits....How difficult is it.
                      Not difficult at all, one is a shampoo that you wash your car with & the others are basically wipe or spray on and wipe off.
                      Adamspolishes.com
                      Official GM Licensed Detailing Products of the Chevrolet Corvette!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X