MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Anybody just doing a griots garage 3 in one 1 ceramic spray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JB View Post
    a good friend of mine is raving about this griots 3 in one griots ceramic spray..

says its amazing..

what your take on this product or is their a comparable Adams type product for a daily driver corvette?

i love adams prodicts but Im so confused over all the different ceramic products.

something about firestorm or Si02 product?

im old school and have successfully used adams products that he recommended while doing a demonstration at detailer domain years back..

now that Im getting a new c8 this year as a 2020 model i want to try this new ceramic craze but want an easy application ..

is it recommended to polish the car first with the orbital polisher or just apply ceramic spray as instructed with a wash on a brand new car?

thanks in advance
    Hi,
    What questions can I answer to help you understand our SI02 products?
    Thanks, Chris
    Adamspolishes.com
    Official GM Licensed Detailing Products of the Chevrolet Corvette!

Comment

You are a gentleman and ive been using your more traditional products for over a decade. Just fabulous.

what I ended up doing is my buddy who had bought a kit of so e sorts just did my corvette..

these ceramics look great and I have been told they last quite bit longer than traditional products

im good for now and ill definitely be doing on my new torch red c8 as ot finally comes in.

habe a great holiday weekend and thank you
      Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
        a good friend of mine is raving about this griots 3 in one griots ceramic spray..

says its amazing..

what your take on this product or is their a comparable Adams type product for a daily driver corvette?

i love adams prodicts but Im so confused over all the different ceramic products.

something about firestorm or Si02 product?

im old school and have successfully used adams products that he recommended while doing a demonstration at detailer domain years back..

now that Im getting a new c8 this year as a 2020 model i want to try this new ceramic craze but want an easy application ..

is it recommended to polish the car first with the orbital polisher or just apply ceramic spray as instructed with a wash on a brand new car?

thanks in advance
        Oddly the Corvette manual on page 275, I believe, states that paint sealants or coatings are not recommended. Can't seem to find out why, but there's a lot of talk on this forum about ceramic coatings and wraps. Be a good question for Tadge if you happen to run into him.

Comment

After reading this site I happened to receive a Griots Garage catalog and looked through every page trying to learn more and became so confused about all the products I will never buy from Griots.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post

Oddly the Corvette manual on page 275, I believe, states that paint sealants or coatings are not recommended. Can't seem to find out why, but there's a lot of talk on this forum about ceramic coatings and wraps. Be a good question for Tadge if you happen to run into him.
            Well its too late now...i infact went to the store this morning and bought the griots 3 in 1 ceramic spray for 18 dollars..

i had to do a few panels and its a nice prodict.

its slick...lasts probably a month at best.

as far as why it wouldnt be recommended by the corvette team? Hard to say ...im in at 142k miles on my current corvette since I bought it new..the car looks practically brand new and is glowing...

the $179 dollar kit my buddy used panels look just about the same as the ones I did and finished off with the griots 3 in 1.

i think the price differential is the time these ceramic materials last...

i would guess GM corvette panels are composite which contract and expand depending on outside temperature...so maybe the ceramics cause a concern as the paint has to be soft enough to follow that property of expansion and contractuons but Im just guessing...

i think a ton of corvette owners for years are into ceramic sprays etc...

i thought I was the last one to finally make the jump...

its a nice gloss and quite the smooth finish...

its deeper

i kind of like the end results so far...

im pretty much just having fun making my last summer with my one true love..my black corvette the coolest ever...(im kidding)

im like the worlds worst photographer but in person as I was walking back to my car in the lowes parking lot today....wow!

I have to say these ceramic kits and even the ceramic griots fenders I did as just a twenty dollar spray...

i highly recommend this ceramic spray for a monthly type of protection or 8 or 9 time more expensive ceramic kit...( for an annual type of protection)

i dont know anything about beading benefits and for that Id suggest so e youtube videos which said griots was very good...as I am sure many other brands are as well.

all the ones in this thread were at the advance auto today...as we dont have any walmarts nearby...

i bought the griots because Ive used their products in the past and they advertise with some podcast, youtube and tv friends at everyday driver

i dont know them personally but as i enjoy their shows and since I was looking to compare the $20 spray with the near 200 kit my buddy put on the car too.

knowing me I bet I wont be able to see the wearability difference but you never know..
            Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X