Best Car Dryer At A Fair Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This discussion thread has gone hilarious. LMFAO 🤣😂😆
    Has anyone suggested taking the car to airstrips and let a Jet takeoff blow dry it
    I think my $30 hand car wash local guy is the most cost effective. Cars come out looking better than showroom finish.
    First time Corvette owner. Torch Red C8 HTC, and yeah with Lambo doors 😊

Comment

We have a K9-III dryer that we bought for our Malamutes. It is ridiculously well built and powerful with two parallel motor assemblies. It also is superb at drying cars, especially blowing water out of the gaps and creases. Not cheap, not light, but awesome and built to last a lifetime...

Click image for larger version

Name:	k9 dryer.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	149734
      Upcoming: 2021 HTC Z51 Elkhart Lake Blue, Status 4300
      Current: 2001 911 Turbo Coupe, 2014 911 Turbo S

Comment

To digress, we loved our Malamute. Mika loved the cold and snowy weather when we lived in New England. Give her some time sitting outside in a fierce New England blizzard with howling winds, sitting on feet of snow with a foot on top of her back and she was in seventh heaven. So smart and kind too. Sorry, just had to reminisce.

I will look into that dryer. Thanks pfbz.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Ok, dumb question:

I’m a first timer to the world of Corvettes and can’t wait for my delivery day a year from now.

I’ve owned several Harley Davidsons, most with highly detailed, exquisite custom paint jobs And lots of shiny chrome( which don’t get you home, but looks nice 🤪). I would always use my two cycle (popular brand) lawn and garden leaf blower after I washed the bikes, for removing the water droplets prior to waxing the paint, and it always worked wonderfully, EXCEPT if you had a chip of paint anywhere on the bike that you weren’t cognitive of. Thus, If you weren’t paying attention, and used the blower too close to any small chips of paint, they would, in fact become LARGE chips of paint. In stating this, among the different varieties of “dryers” or “blowers” that are available today, I don’t feel too confident that inadvertent damage to my paint may still occur due to ones “lack of attention” or simply just bad luck. As such, what is the main selling point of these items, compared to my popular brand gas blower which, it seems, performs the same job and is just as effective, and why should a customer go purchase one of the aforementioned units above, if their trusty, handy, dandy old school gas lawn and garden blower does the same thing.

Please advise.

Thanks
          07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 2LT Coupe; GBA; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

Comment

Good, designed for vehicle air blow dryers have flexible rubber tips.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              I admit that I not patient getting my car dried. I do not like my current old and weak dryer, watching it not so quickly chase the last droplets across the Corvette’s many surfaces. I would be willing to spend good money if it is worth doing so. But not willing to spend 25% more to get 5% better performance.

My current top two candidates are the Master Blaster and the BigBoi BlowR Pro — but am happy to look at other options.

What is your blow dryer experience and recommendation? Thank you.
              John, I ended up getting the BigBoi BlowR Pro and I Love it. Powerful and with the added heat it makes blowing off the car as well as drying it a snap.
              Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

Question for those who own a Master Blaster........ I've owned mine for about 10 years and have the standard length, stiff hose. I've been dragging it around the car to use it. I have it mounted on the wall for storage purposes at the corner of my garage next to the garage door.

I'm thinking about leaving it mounted on the wall where it is and buying a longer hose. Has anyone tried any OTHER type of hose that is 1.5" diameter, such as a pool cleaning hose? Would be nice to find one that is a bit more flexible, and less expensive that the 30 ft hose that Master Blaster offers. Many other choices if using a pool cleaning hose is usable. Didn't know if the heat generated by the blower would melt a non MasterBlaster hose. Anyone try a pool hose???
                3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

Originally posted by Strake View Post
                  Question for those who own a Master Blaster........ I've owned mine for about 10 years and have the standard length, stiff hose. I've been dragging it around the car to use it. I have it mounted on the wall for storage purposes at the corner of my garage next to the garage door.

I'm thinking about leaving it mounted on the wall where it is and buying a longer hose. Has anyone tried any OTHER type of hose that is 1.5" diameter, such as a pool cleaning hose? Would be nice to find one that is a bit more flexible, and less expensive that the 30 ft hose that Master Blaster offers. Many other choices if using a pool cleaning hose is usable. Didn't know if the heat generated by the blower would melt a non MasterBlaster hose. Anyone try a pool hose???
                  Yes I tried the pool cleaning hose. Mine is the type which connects in sections. Problem is once it gets heated up the sections pop off. If you could purchase one of the hoses that was all one piece it is definitely way more flexible. I use mine to also blow the grass clippings off the driveway and sidewalk.
                  Rocket City Florida

Comment

Frenzy, THANKS...... just ordered a one piece 35 ft pool cleaning hose ( made in the USA) with a 5 year warranty and free returns on Amazon Prime. Will definitely save my back as I can leave the unit mounted in the corner of the garage right where it is hanging and just have to deal with more hose !!!!

thanks again,
                    Richard
                    3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

Originally posted by rickg747 View Post

John, I ended up getting the BigBoi BlowR Pro and I Love it. Powerful and with the added heat it makes blowing off the car as well as drying it a snap.
                      Tinker Toys!

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                        To digress, we loved our Malamute. Mika loved the cold and snowy weather when we lived in New England. Give her some time sitting outside in a fierce New England blizzard with howling winds, sitting on feet of snow with a foot on top of her back and she was in seventh heaven. So smart and kind too. Sorry, just had to reminisce.

I will look into that dryer. Thanks pfbz.
                        Not to derail the thread but I love my giant mal. Got him when he was around 3 and he's about 8 now. That's a queen size bed that he's on. I'm 6'1" and when he gets on his rear legs, he needs to move his front legs down to meet my shoulders.

As far as the water spots, in my area an RV water filter in the hose line prevents this. If yours doesn't then another filtered water alternative is finding a DI or even a RODI unit and a rain barrel with a submersible pump in it. I think it would be cheaper to DIY then buy a system on wheels designed for car washing, if you don't need the mobility. I got my RODI system from bulk reef supply for my saltwater tank.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	20200401_134525.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.38 MB ID:	174884
                        Last edited by Flaring Afro; 08-04-2020, 01:31 PM.

Comment

As noted, so many good choices. A starting question on buying a pressure washing is gas versus electric. Do yo have gas and oil containers already in your garage, for if you do your decision to go with a gas powered one will give you, for the price, a more powerful version. BUT do you need more powerful? I am happy with my electric one (just recently kicked the gas can and oil out of my garage. But without that become a side distraction issue).

I did extensive research on the foam cannon, which BTW if you use a foam cannon for washing your car (more suds than a foam gun), a foam cannon must be paired up with a pressure washer whereas a foam gun works with a regular garden hose.

As to my loved new foam cannon:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Click image for larger version  Name:	A5CEAD86-67D3-4B97-8DFB-49AC92E83F92.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	488.6 KB ID:	228513 A couple of other thoughts, that drying a car improperly, even a clean one can lead to swirl marks and surface scratches (from that one errant piece of grit). I do not touch my car until it is at least 98% dry and then only with top quality microfibers with the least amount of pressure on the paint (just like the least amount of pressure with my wash mitt).

Here’s my blow drying choice:

BigBoi Pro. Not inexpensive for sure, and can be only purchased through their exclusive U.S. distributor Esoteric. But to me with my black C8, worth it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5205D415-61AF-47CF-B6EF-55A3E04D252A.jpeg
Views:	54
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	228515

Comment

I LOVE my bigboi. Absolutely amazingly easy to dry your car without touching it. (Ceramic Coated)
                            Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X