MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Interior protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior protection

I’ve seen a lot of information from members about protecting the exterior of our new rides, but haven’t found anything on protecting the interior. Does anyone have suggestions and/or practices that you have or will use on your C8. Example, will you use some kind of leather conditioner to protect the new interior of your car?
    Thanks in advance everyone.
    Mesa, AZ.
    AYM, 3LT, Z51, 5VM (via ACS Composite), 5ZC, FE4, RCC

Yes. Keeping animals and kids out. No Food . No Drink. Yes I always use good leather conditioners. NEVER use armor all on anything.

Comment

Many has properly and correctly suggested that all the interior (except micro suede) on our Corvettes have a plastic protective coating. At the same time when one combines the look and the fantastic smell of leather, that can’t be beat.

What I use to clean first is Adams leather cleaner. Fantastic product at a great price point.

https://adamspolishes.com/products/a...terior-cleaner

For smell and “protection,” our Corvette (indeed our daily drivers) smell like walking into an exclusive, Rodeo Drive luxury leather good store, so I use Zaino Z-10 conditioner. It is more expensive, but one bottle last me the entire year for our three cars, and again, smell is kind of like a choice of colors, e..g, my preference.

www.zainostore.com

For my carpets, and here I am also thinking our daily drivers which our living in the country on a gravel road, take a beating in winter and need a thorough cleaning now and again, I again use Adams carpet cleaner: https://adamspolishes.com/collection...lstery-cleaner

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I use the Zaino product. It even softens old dried out leather. Has a sunscreen and can be used on plastics and rubber.

Comment

We just released a new Leather & Vinyl Coating.

Adam’s UV Leather & Vinyl Ceramic Coating is our first offering of a ceramic coating for interior surfaces! Much like our other UV ceramic coating offerings, the UV tracer allows you to see where the coating is applied when used with the Adam’s UV Flashlight. Adam’s UV Leather & Vinyl is specifically formulated for natural, sealed and synthetic leathers and vinyl surfaces including your dash, door panels and other hard interior surfaces. This product is not suitable for aniline leathers or for use over the top of Adam’s Leather Conditioner!
          • Patent Pending, UV Tracing Technology™
          • Rapid Cure – Fast Flash & Low VOC
          • Extremely Easy to Use – Wipe On / Wipe Off
          • Provides Extreme Hydrophobicity, Wear and UV Protection
          • 50 mL Bottle Does Multiple Automotive Interiors
          https://adamspolishes.com/collection...-vinyl-coating
          Adamspolishes.com
          Official GM Licensed Detailing Products of the Chevrolet Corvette!

Comment

Originally posted by Adam’s Polishes View Post
            We just released a new Leather & Vinyl Coating.

Adam’s UV Leather & Vinyl Ceramic Coating is our first offering of a ceramic coating for interior surfaces! Much like our other UV ceramic coating offerings, the UV tracer allows you to see where the coating is applied when used with the Adam’s UV Flashlight. Adam’s UV Leather & Vinyl is specifically formulated for natural, sealed and synthetic leathers and vinyl surfaces including your dash, door panels and other hard interior surfaces. This product is not suitable for aniline leathers or for use over the top of Adam’s Leather Conditioner!
            • Patent Pending, UV Tracing Technology™
            • Rapid Cure – Fast Flash & Low VOC
            • Extremely Easy to Use – Wipe On / Wipe Off
            • Provides Extreme Hydrophobicity, Wear and UV Protection
            • 50 mL Bottle Does Multiple Automotive Interiors
            https://adamspolishes.com/collection...-vinyl-coating
            But how does it smell?

More seriously, does it add any gloss, and how often do you recommend reapplying it?
            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
            >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I would reapply Leather & Interior Coating every 10 to 12 months, obviously this will depend on traffic. For example the drivers seat would need attention sooner than say the dash or door panels.
              As far as making the interior shinny, it will not it may give a richer darker look on some interiors and on others it won't change the look at all.
              Hope this helps!
              Adamspolishes.com
              Official GM Licensed Detailing Products of the Chevrolet Corvette!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
              Working...
              X