MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Corvette Today” Podcast Interview Justin of HorsePower Obsessed On Now

Steve Garrett delves into the world of YouTube re Corvettes for the first time! He speaks to Justin from HorsePower Obsessed. Learn how people make money on YouTube, hear about Justin's 2019 Black ZR1 Big Wing, and about the C8 he has on order. And also hear about Steve's C7 Stingray Carbon Fiber Edition Corvette. For current and past podcast links: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-available-now
See more
See less

Different brands of PPF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WhiteHorse View Post
    Is Stek an abbreviation for Suntek?
    Nope, two different companies. If you haven't seen it already, check the link in post #26, above.
    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
    >36,000 miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by TNRunner View Post
      I’ve had Suntek on my C6 since Feb of 2015. Just sold it this week and it still looked amazing. Had to show the prospective buyer, he didn’t even realize the car had a PPF installed. Will be doing Suntek again on my HTC.
      That's great to hear. Our PPF is virtually invisible and will save you tons of money down the road on paint work from scratches and nicks from road debris. Thanks for the kind words about our product.

Comment

Is Stek an abbreviation for Suntek? Who makes it? Llumar makes, actually owns is the better word, Suntek.

I am looking to Suntek because I want the glossier finish, which is true compared to Expel. Plus Expel seems to be using their name to charge exorbitant prices forgetting what made them popular in the first place.

In my opinion, anyone who pays as much or more for a PPF than it would cost for a new paint job is unwise.
        Hi White Horse, STek and SunTek are two different companies. We are owned by Eastman, as is LLumar. Our PPF Clear does have an ultra glossy finish, many customers remark about it. Our dealer network has been doing many C8's over the last month or so and our patterns for this car are top notch. Another thing to keep in mind is, no other brand has the technology that we do for 3D pattern scanning, which allows us to have the most precise patterns and the best custom fit for the C8. Our rear bumper pattern for the C8 is the actual production model C8, other competitiors are using the pattern for the sample C8's and there are fitment issues with those patterns. Check out the C8's we have been protecting lately at our Instagram below. We have been doing more than any other brand on social and are proud to be part of this forum. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

https://www.instagram.com/suntekfilms/

Comment

Thanks for the informative reply. I'm leaning toward Suntek. I do have a question.

It seems that PPF manufacturers all take pride in their computer-accurate pattern scanning. However, I am not sure of what that means and here's why. I don't want to see seams and lines because a pattern does not overlap the edges and neither do most other people. I saw one Suntek application at a local installer, and I could easily make out lines along edges that would not have been there if the installer would simply have used a little more material to wrap over and around the edge. I decided to NOT go with that installer.
          When you refer to patterns are these patterns that overlap edges or are cut to match a line or both?

This is expensive stuff and it seems untenable to spend such money on a job that literally cuts corners. I don't want computer scanned patterns, I want a professional person cutting a sheet that overlaps every edge possible. I realize some are not.
          2020 C8 | 2LT | Arctic White | S. Gray Trident Wheels | Bright Red Calipers | Carbon flash mirrors | GT2 Seats | Natural Leather | Front Lift | Engine Appearance Pkg | Red seat belts| Red Engine Cover.
          Will add aftermarket: Black Lug Nuts with locking nut| Front/Rear Splash Guards | black out the gray on the wheels | TN air filter to bump it to 500 horse| partial PPF | and much needed window tint here in Central Florida

Comment

If anyone on this thread is looking for help finding a SunTek Dealer/Installer in your area. Let me know, I would be happy to help.

Comment

Thanks for the informative reply. I'm leaning toward Suntek. I do have a question.

It seems that PPF manufacturers all take pride in their computer-accurate pattern scanning. However, I am not sure of what that means and here's why. I don't want to see seams and lines because a pattern does not overlap the edges and neither do most other people. I saw one Suntek application at a local installer, and I could easily make out lines along edges that would not have been there if the installer would simply have used a little more material to wrap over and around the edge. I decided to NOT go with that installer.
              When you refer to patterns are these patterns that overlap edges or are cut to match a line or both?

This is expensive stuff and it seems untenable to spend such money on a job that literally cuts corners. I don't want computer scanned patterns, I want a professional person cutting a sheet that overlaps every edge possible. I realize some are not.
              Hi, what you are looking for is called bulk ppf installation. It doesn't rely on patterns, the installer actually custom cuts the ppf to fit your C8 perfectly with overlapping the edges where appilcable. Computer cut patterns can have edges wrapped as well, the installer would just need to add that into the software before cutting it out on the plotter. It's important to ask these questions before having the work done. If you would like help finding a suntek installer in your area that can provide the specific service your asking for. Let me know i can help.

Comment

Does anyone recommend an xpel dealer in the ft lauderdale area my c8 is due in oct i hope!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SunTek_PPF View Post
                  If anyone on this thread is looking for help finding a SunTek Dealer/Installer in your area. Let me know, I would be happy to help.
                  Can you recommend a dealer in west Palm Beach, FL? Also, does Suntek have a ceramic glaze as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Vetter1 View Post
                    Auto Armor , in Nashville/Bowling Green, works in conjunction with the Corvette Museum and uses XPEL. They are doing my vert in May after my museum delivery. Xpel has an excellent reputation. Product + installation expertise is most important to me.
                    Will they PPF XPEL your vehicle before museum delivery or just after? Wondering if I would have to stay an extra night if I chose them. Any idea what they charge for a Bikini Acura + side rockers with the museum discount?

Comment

Originally posted by F152tall View Post
                      Will they PPF XPEL your vehicle before museum delivery or just after? Wondering if I would have to stay an extra night if I chose them. Any idea what they charge for a Bikini Acura + side rockers with the museum discount?
                      As of this time, you must take delivery at the museum before they can wrap your car. They have plans to coordinate this before you take delivery, but as of now it has not been given the green light by GM.
                      Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

Originally posted by Vetter1 View Post

Can you recommend a dealer in west Palm Beach, FL? Also, does Suntek have a ceramic glaze as well?
                        Just sent you a DM. Will be in touch in a couple of days. Thanks.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X