MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

WELCOME Sky’s The Limit Car Care As A MECF Featured Forum Vendor

We are so pleased to announce that Sky’s The Limit Car Care has joined our forum as a supporting vendor. It is a great company with superlative products, e.g., CQuartz & so many additional outstanding products @ https://www.carpro-us.com
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide REVISED 2/14: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
See more
See less

Vacuum For your Corvette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuum For your Corvette

We live out in the country and learned how to wash a car as teenagers; but back then my mother and then my wife always had a fit about taking the vacuum outside. This left me with buying a "shop vac" but I seemed to get grease and crud on the nozzle and transfer it to the carpets/seats when I wasn't careful. I solved the vacuum problem by installing a Cana-Vac. They manufacture whole house built in vacuum systems and this is a heavy duty unit designed for utility outdoor applications. It came with a 50' hose and tool assortment. To be blunt this will suck my shop vacuum up, tank and all. It features a removable dust collection bag and HEPA filtration. Shop around Its what I purchased and am happy with it. It's wall mounted to stay out of your way.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6986.JPG
Views:	205
Size:	3.53 MB
ID:	111480
    Our C8 Arctic White, two tone interior black w/ red seats, 3LT...options--EYK, PIN, E60, ZZ3,VK3, ZYC, DTH, Q8Q, ERI, YF5, FE4, Z51, BV4

There are ones on the market now which vacuum and you can use as a blower to dry your car off or blow stuff out of the garage and driveway.
    Rocket City Florida

Comment

I have a Metrovac handheld that works well and also have their Master Blaster for drying the car.
      1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
      2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Last Christmas my wife gave me the Metrovac wall unit. It can be used as a vacuum or a blower. Makes drying the Corvette a no-touch deal to help avoid any scratches. Between this and my foam gun, it makes the "two bucket" method a thing of the past. An added plus is that the Metrovac comes with every imaginable attachment down to a small tip, crevice tools and brushes for even cleaning the instrument/radio cluster/AC vents.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Mid Engine Matt; 02-10-2020, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brad66 View Post
          I have a Metrovac handheld that works well and also have their Master Blaster for drying the car.
          Love my Master Blaster. Also have one of Metrvac’s small bike dryers(blowers) for my mountain bike

Comment

Originally posted by Mid Engine Matt View Post
            Last Christmas my wife gave me the Metrovac wall unit. It can be used as a vacuum or a blower. Makes drying the Corvette a no-touch deal to help avoid any scratches. Between this and my foam gun, it makes the "two bucket" method a thing of the past. An added plus is that the Metrovac comes with every imaginable attachment down to a small tip, crevice tools and brushes for even cleaning the instrument/radio cluster/AC vents.
            I've had a Master Blaster for a number of years. Never tried using it as a vacuum...... I don't recall mine having an end with clips to remove the end. Hummmmmmm .... Love it for drying the car and blowing all the cracks and crevices water free. I'll have to look at mine again to see if it can be used for both vacuum and blowing.

UPDATE..... just looked at my order from 2013 on Amazon..... mine is only a blower. Good thing I've had shop vacs for years too.
            Last edited by Strake; 02-10-2020, 08:15 PM.
            3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
              There are ones on the market now which vacuum and you can use as a blower to dry your car off or blow stuff out of the garage and driveway.
              I just got one. A Rigid 6.5 from HD. I Mated it with a Dust Deputy vortex filter. Great suction and no clogged filters.
              TPW 2-Mar now 9-Mar

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
              Working...
              X