Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast Latest Corvette News

Wow....there is so much Corvette news coming out right now.   Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com joins your host, Steve Garrett to cover it all. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...e-2021-e12kai2  Check out some of the headlines below....
1.  GM Cancels June Allocation – 3000 status orders to be completed
2.  Chevrolet releases details and pricing on 2022 Corvette
3.  Chevrolet will offer a Corvette C8.R Special Edition for 2022
4.  2022 C8 Corvette Visualizer is now live
5.  Right-hand drive C8’s arrive in Japan and revealed at Fuji Speedway
6.  Ordering Opens in Australia and New Zealand
7.  GM still working out details for 2023 Racing Program
8.  Juan Pablo Montoya loves the Indy 500 pace car C8 Corvette!
9.  With C8 details out for 2022, the Z06 will most likely be a 2023 model
10.  Pre-owned Corvette pricing up 34% in the last year
...and there's lots more!  Don't miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.
See more
See less

2008 shifter ideas for right arm movement limitations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 shifter ideas for right arm movement limitations

A lady I know has a 2008 convertible with a 6 speed manual. She was in a actident about a year ago and messed up her right shoulder.

She tells me she's still having problems shifting because of her shoulder and she's not driving the car much. I thought I'd do a little reseach to see if there was a better/easier solution for making the shifing easier for her.

I see B&M and Hurst make a short throw shifter and from I can find out, it does make the shifting experience easier.

Has anyone used/installed one of these shifters, what are your thoughts?

Any other ideas for an easier shifting experience?

I did ask if she was wiling to sell/trade for something with an A/T, but that is out of the quesiton I'm told. I think we all can relate to that when we have something we just don't want to part with no matter what.

Cheers, PB
    Previous Vettes '59, '61, '62.
    Current other toys: LS1 powered '92 Mazda Miata, aka Panic Button.

My Order: 2020 C8 Corvette Stingray Coupe, 3LT, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic, Full-Length Dual Racing Stripe, Jet Black Napa Leather with Adrenaline Red Stitch, Magnetic Ride, Front Lift, Chrome Exterior Badge Package, Battery Protection.

Current status: Order placed December 16, 2019, took possession January 9, 2021.

I installed short shifters in my C5 and C6 Corvettes (not those brands but outstanding ones). Both resulted in a greater force needed to make the gear changes due to the shorter throw. The shorter throw makes it quicker but not easier, and imo makes it harder. Sorry but I doubt your idea is going to work for your friend.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      I installed short shifters in my C5 and C6 Corvettes (not those brands but outstanding ones). Both resulted in a greater force needed to make the gear changes due to the shorter throw. The shorter throw makes it quicker but not easier, and imo makes it harder. Sorry but I doubt your idea is going to work for your friend.
      Thanks John, that's very helpful.

Cheers, PB

My Order: 2020 C8 Corvette Stingray Coupe, 3LT, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic, Full-Length Dual Racing Stripe, Jet Black Napa Leather with Adrenaline Red Stitch, Magnetic Ride, Front Lift, Chrome Exterior Badge Package, Battery Protection.

Current status: Order placed December 16, 2019, took possession January 9, 2021.

Comment

I put an MGW short throw shifter in my C7, and my experience echoes John's.
        Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Thanks meyerweb.

Cheers, PB

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
          Working...
          X