MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! 1959 Stingray Race Re-Imagined “Modern” C8 Close Up Video

2 of 3 < >

Tonight @ 8:00 PM (PST) Scheduled Software Maintenance. C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

HEADS UP PLEASE: Tonight At 8:00 PM Is Scheduled Software Maintenance! Could be up to two hours long — but heretofore every one has been much shorter than the time cautioned.

Reveal Countdown Clock: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
3 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Requirement to cite your post’s sources with a clickable link.

C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

PLEASE, DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS, IF YOU USE ANY PART OF AN ARTICLE IN YOUR POST, IMPERATIVE THAT YOU INCLUDE AN ACTUAL, CLICKABLE LINK TO IT. Thank you.
See more
See less

Wrong Way To Pour Oil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong Way To Pour Oil

Right or wrong way to pour oil..., and why. One minute video. For those who change their own oil, something maybe new to you also (waa for me).

Last edited by John; 12-29-2018, 11:04 AM.
    Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

I typically pour out of 5 quart jugs, with a hollow handle like a milk jug.....

But years ago, I learned to hold the quart bottle sideways (large flat side down), for just this reason.
    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
    >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Hmmmm. What about using a funnel? I always liked a little glugging, because if some additives or other ingredients had stratified or partially fallen out of suspension, I figured the glugging would help to get them out of the bottle and into the sump.

Of course, if you use a funnel, it needs to be spotlessly clean. The entire purpose of an oil change is to get dirt and contaminants out of the engine, not to put new dirt and contaminants in.

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
        Hmmmm. What about using a funnel? I always liked a little glugging, because if some additives or other ingredients had stratified or partially fallen out of suspension, I figured the glugging would help to get them out of the bottle and into the sump.

Of course, if you use a funnel, it needs to be spotlessly clean. The entire purpose of an oil change is to get dirt and contaminants out of the engine, not to put new dirt and contaminants in.
        HEHE, Sounds like a little glugging BEFORE the oil change. Least the Z06 oil fill is in an easy spot with no funnel needed. I always turn the jug sideways pretty easy. What is hard is hitting the valve cover fill hole on the GMC 5.3. That needs a funnel.

Still better than the Toyota Tacoma I bought a new 2016 and after 1 year of ownership I could not wait to get rid of it. Bought a left over 2015 GMC 5.3 then just bought the 2018 GMC
        with again the 5.3 (love that engine) wanted to beat the HORRENDES stop start tech starting on the 2019 Trucks.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
        Working...
        X