MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Corvette Today” Podcast Interview Justin of HorsePower Obsessed On Now

Steve Garrett delves into the world of YouTube re Corvettes for the first time! He speaks to Justin from HorsePower Obsessed. Learn how people make money on YouTube, hear about Justin's 2019 Black ZR1 Big Wing, and about the C8 he has on order. And also hear about Steve's C7 Stingray Carbon Fiber Edition Corvette. For current and past podcast links: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-available-now
See more
See less

XPEL Ultimate Plus tutorial for the C8 - Front end only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XPEL Ultimate Plus tutorial for the C8 - Front end only

Hey everyone!

Hope you guys don't mind that I share with you a tutorial on how to wrap the front end of the new C8 Stingray.

I've been installing PPF for close to a decade and just would love to share some info and knowledge regarding protecting your car. If any one every has questions regarding products such as XPEL or STEK DynoShield, feel free to ask me. I work with both companies and have wrapped hundreds of cars with their products.

I made a series of videos showing how to wrap the front end of the Stingray, using XPEL Ultimate Plus PPF and XPEL DAP Templates. Or maybe you are just curious to see the process of the wrap, and know what to expect.

Nice video - thanks for posting. One thing I'd love to see is that during the sped up portions in which you have music, instead of the music, do a voiceover explaining what you're doing. Like when trimming around the hood, you could say 'I'm just using an x-acto blade to trim the film, leaving about 1/4" around the edges' etc.
    Also, what tool you're using while wrapping the edges, and include tips like what solution you're using in the spray bottle etc. I know that a lot of those might be basic knowledge for those who work with PPF, and you can find that info on the net, but that will make the difference between just showing what you're doing and an actual tutorial (which is what you've titled the video).

Comment

I agree with the post of shlumal about commentary. Also, you mentioned templates, but it appears you did the hood with a large sheet of PPF. It is easier to do this with cut pieces designed for the car or just work with larger sheets free hand?
      Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

Some company’s pre-cut kits have smaller pieces which result in seams. I do not know anything about XPEL’s C8 kit, but to the degree that there are seems, easy for dirt, wax and anything like that to collect at the seams. Over time the seams’ dirt lines become more and more visible.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates.Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thank You Apshield, you make it look easy, I am sure it is not. I have been practicing for the arrival of my C8 by clay barring and applying ceramic coating on my other cars and they look wonderful. I may try to do the PPF wrap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
          Working...
          X