• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy C7 oil change ..

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6392.jpg
Views:	1270
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	12039 Here's the view from the bottom of my C7 . This car has got to be one easiest oil changes I've ever done. Only one wrench & oil filter wrench needed to do this . Thanks for the easy access to the drain plug & oil filter G.M. .....
    Attached Files
    A thought if I might ...

Same setup on the other 30 million small block chevys
    3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

There are two oil drain plugs on C7’s with the dry sump oil system.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Correct, the drain plug near the front of the pan drains the external dry sump reservoir ( tank ) and the hoses. The drain plug near the oil filter drains the residual ( about one quart ) oil from the oil pan.
        3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

Originally posted by Racer86 View Post
          Racer86,
          I've never changed the oil in the Corvette before, thanks for letting me know .
          P.S. Another day I learn something new ,
          Thanks, Scott
          Last edited by Ssscooter66; 10-08-2018, 09:26 AM.
          A thought if I might ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ssscooter66 View Post
            Racer86,
            I've never changed the oil in the Corvette before, thanks for letting me know .
            P.S. Another day I learn something new ,
            Thanks, Scott
            Scott, your welcome, sir. Also, do your engine a favor when you change the oil and filter, please prefill the filter with oil before you install it. The engine will get oil pressure quicker on the first startup after the oil change.

Comment

Originally posted by Racer86 View Post
              I was thinking about your reply & thought I should tell you thanks again for posting a nice reply unlike what I would have heard elsewhere.. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2471.PNG Views:	5 Size:	118.3 KB ID:	12072
              Last edited by Ssscooter66; 10-11-2018, 11:59 PM.
              A thought if I might ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ssscooter66 View Post

I was thinking about you reply & thought I should tell you thanks again for posting a nice reply unlike what I would have heard elsewhere.. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2471.PNG
Views:	1125
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	12072
                My wife tells me to be nice! I always try to be kind to others as they also have battles they are fighting

Comment

Actually, one thing annoys me about changing the oil on this car (and many, many others). You can't remove the drain plug without covering your wrench, and probably your hand, in oil, because the plug is vertical. I've had other cars and bikes with the plug is horizontal, at the very front of rear of the oil pan. When the oil starts to drain out, it flow down, away from your hand and wrench, instead of all over it. A much smarter design.
                  Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Our 2014 Chrysler 300 has its oil filter on top of the engine in a small tank. You unscrew the lid and remove the filter , no oil is spilled. We also vacuum the oil out of the oil pan, from the dipstick tube, so no need at all to go under the car. Many other cars are using the same system.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X