MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

C8.R Video Teaser Including At Kennedy Space Center and Sebring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8.R Video Teaser Including At Kennedy Space Center and Sebring

This is a fun rev-up to next month’s C8.R debut at the Rolex 24. Video below. Funny story occurred when I was at the 10.2 HTC reveal, specifically in the lobby around 5:00 PM before the 6:30 event started. I met Tadge when a walked off the elevator in the lobby, but on the elevator ride down, a lady saw my MECF polo shirt and asked me, “are you part of the Corvette event that took place at Kennedy Space Center today?” I saw no, that I am here to attend the C8’s hard top convertible reveal in an hour and a half.”

She responded, well I do not know much about Corvettes other than I like them, but when my friends and I were on a bus tour of the Space Center earlier this afternoon, we saw this super loud race car fly by us on the main runway. I think it was a Corvette.”

Click image for larger version  Name:	3F9FFC20-ACC4-4F14-8AD2-44EEFBD372F0.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	200.2 KB ID:	95624

Running into Tadge two minutes later, after we said hello and talked about the reveal, I told him about the conversation of I had just had in the elevator, and asked, “was that the Stingray HTC on the main runway at the Space Center?”

Of course, he denied that, and he was right as we all learned later during the reveal, for it really was the C8.R — and that was the second major surprise of the night that none of us yet knew about. Wow, to hear and see the C8.R during the reveal. What a treat that also was!

Later that evening around 9:30 PM when all of the media had left but CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett, with also the top 20 Corvette team members remaining, our having dinner with Tadge, Ed, Harlan and Kirk, I said to Tadge, “you were telling me the truth several hours ago when you said it was not the Stingray HTC racing down on the main runway here.” He laughed and with a glint in his eye said, “yes, I was telling the truth, and now you know the whole story.”

Thanks AutoMotoTV for this fun video. We can’t wait to see the C8.R racing next month!
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Thanks John for sharing this video. One thought I have is that with all of the speculation on what is next for the C8, might we be looking at it front and center in the form of the C8R?

Comment

Thanks John great video! I love the new bad a** Jake!
      Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 on order from Kerbeck at status 3800, built on 2/10/20 (on QCH HOLD) C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

Grazie John for the video and story!!!

Comment

Good question, might the higher HP version of the C8 have more functional and visual echoes of the front of the C8.R!
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I would love to see something like this “rendering” for the front facia of the C8 Z06. Where in the aero looks more like part of the car and would consider the lower center portion of the central “grill” as the air intake for additional heat exchanger (maybe for the twin turbos) Click image for larger version

Name:	4D8BE81A-F56F-408D-B6AE-8D606A921C90.png
Views:	461
Size:	3.72 MB
ID:	95699

Comment

I'm looking forward to being at Daytona for the Rolex 24 hours !!!! Can't wait..... besides being in FL for all of Jan and Feb to get out of this cold weather..... We'll only be 25 miles south, and that will hopefully help eat up the waiting time for our C8 to move along towards delivery. Our order should get picked up perhaps as early as next Thursday, or more likely in the Jan consensus.
              3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreverfuelie View Post
                I would love to see something like this “rendering” for the front facia of the C8 Z06. Where in the aero looks more like part of the car and would consider the lower center portion of the central “grill” as the air intake for additional heat exchanger (maybe for the twin turbos) Click image for larger version

Name:	4D8BE81A-F56F-408D-B6AE-8D606A921C90.png
Views:	461
Size:	3.72 MB
ID:	95699
                I like that render, nice and aggressive end for a Z06. I still think they connect the hood creases and put an inlet (I guess it would be consider in outlet for air to pass through) similar to the 488 pista. I’m still thinking active areo in rear or I at least hope for a good looking wing maybe like the Huracán Performante.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X