See less

Hulman & Co. sell IndyCar, Indianapolis Motor Speedway to Penske Corporation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hulman & Co. sell IndyCar, Indianapolis Motor Speedway to Penske Corporation

Tony George, grandson of Tony Hulman who bought the track in 1945, approached Penske about a deal before the season-ending race in California and worked it all out in six weeks. George was emotional giving up the 110-year-old race track, but felt it was time.

I am personally a huge Formula 1 fan but I do follow the IndyCar Series as well. IndyCar has such a long history and I'm glad to see it going to someone who equally has been such a integral part of it. Roger Penske is a huge race fan first and foremost, so I think they are leaving it in good hands.

Would be interesting to see what an Indy C8 Special Edition pace car may look like! Perhaps we may get a limited special edition Color?
    2020 C8 | 2LT | GKZ Torch Red | Z51 Performance Pckg | FE4 Mag Ride | J6F Red Caliper | C2Z Carbon Roof | AE4 Competition Seats | FA5 Carbon Interior | E60 Front Lift | ZZ3 Engine Appearance Pckg | 5ZU High Wing Spoiler | SPY Black Lug Nuts

Originally posted by ZoraC2 View Post
    Tony George, grandson of Tony Hulman who bought the track in 1945, approached Penske about a deal before the season-ending race in California and worked it all out in six weeks. George was emotional giving up the 110-year-old race track, but felt it was time.

I am personally a huge Formula 1 fan but I do follow the IndyCar Series as well. IndyCar has such a long history and I'm glad to see it going to someone who equally has been such a integral part of it. Roger Penske is a huge race fan first and foremost, so I think they are leaving it in good hands.

Would be interesting to see what an Indy C8 Special Edition pace car may look like! Perhaps we may get a limited special edition Color?

Great news. You have to believe Sr GM marketing execs are, or have, been working the pace car event. “America’s sports car”. We know he has a red, white and blue 2006 Corvette in his museum ... “one of my favorites”.
    Last edited by bpost22; 11-07-2019, 08:17 AM.
    Shadow Gray Metallic w/Natural, 3LT, Z51, Mag, Lift, Spectra Gray Trident, Edge Red Calipers, Body Color Accents.

Past owned; 1984 C4, Medium Gray Metallic, Coupe, VIN# 1004 : 1981 C3 White Coupe, 1980 C3 Dark Claret, Coupe

Comment

Detailed article here https://www.grandprix247.com/2019/11...f-the-century/

Click image for larger version

Name:	AP19308636472989.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	88409
      2020 C8 Corvette ....... TPW 2/03/20
      Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
      Z51 + MRC
      Spectra Grey Tridents
      Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler

Comment

Pace car edition might be a good way to build 500 cars with DOHC engine to meet homologation rules for the C8R. Limited early edition of the Z06?
        1969 Orange L89 Coupe - enjoyed it for 3 years then traded to:
        1972 Yellow Convert with removable HT - enjoyed it for 4 years and joined by:
        1976 Orange Coupe - didn't use it much and sold after 12 years
        2000 Yellow Convertible - new C5 caught my attention and loved it for 15 years
        2015 Silver Z51 Convertible - replaced C5 with C7 then traded for GS after 2 years
        2017 Torch Red Grand Sport Convertible - still here and LOVING it

Comment

IndyCars lost me years ago by converting to a NASCAR type limited spec formula. As a SCCA road racer, the only entertainment I got from ovals was sprinters and midgets doing mud laps where women in high heels and white pants were dodging mud clumps flying thru the fence. Sun Prairie on a Saturday night...great racing and lots of laughs. YMMV.

Comment

Gotta LOVE women in high heels and white pants at a race track
            1969 Orange L89 Coupe - enjoyed it for 3 years then traded to:
            1972 Yellow Convert with removable HT - enjoyed it for 4 years and joined by:
            1976 Orange Coupe - didn't use it much and sold after 12 years
            2000 Yellow Convertible - new C5 caught my attention and loved it for 15 years
            2015 Silver Z51 Convertible - replaced C5 with C7 then traded for GS after 2 years
            2017 Torch Red Grand Sport Convertible - still here and LOVING it

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X