MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Chazcron Driveway Walk-Around Videos! C8 Close Up Video

2 of 3 < >

Tonight @ 8:00 PM (PST) Scheduled Software Maintenance. C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

HEADS UP PLEASE: Tonight At 8:00 PM Is Scheduled Software Maintenance! Could be up to two hours long — but heretofore every one has been much shorter than the time cautioned.

Reveal Countdown Clock: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
3 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Requirement to cite your post’s sources with a clickable link.

C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

PLEASE, DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS, IF YOU USE ANY PART OF AN ARTICLE IN YOUR POST, IMPERATIVE THAT YOU INCLUDE AN ACTUAL, CLICKABLE LINK TO IT. Thank you.
See more
See less

LeMans preview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeMans preview

Le Mans 24 Hours Preview, Part 3: GTE Pro

With factory efforts galore, and the return of Risi, will GTE Pro be the class to watch this year?

9 June 2019, 9:50 AM

With the announcement in recent days of the departure of the factory programmes of BMW and Ford from the FIA WEC, indeed the end of the Ford factory-backing for the GT altogether, 2019 could well be the high water mark for some time for the premier GT class at the Le Mans 24 Hours.

And that high-water mark is at flood level proportions with 17 cars providing a truly world-class field, not a weak link amongst them in a battle that is anticipated once again to provide one of the spectacles of the race.

Aston Martin (2), BMW (2), Corvette (2), Ferrari (3), Ford (4) and Porsche (4) look set to continue their regular brand of wheel to wheel, door to door and pretty much everything to everything duelling on a course that suits these cars beautifully.

As for the storylines, there’s Corvette’s 20th anniversary, celebrations too from Ford and Aston Martin, and of course Ford (again) and BMW looking to go out with a bang as Porsche’s WEC crews duke it out to determine which will be the WEC GT World Drivers Champions.

This battle will run, and run!!

Morehttp://dailysportscar.com/
    There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
    2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
    79 coupe Silver/oyster
    All one owner
    Museum lifetime members

I'm all set to watch the whole thing. Recording during the night and catching up on Sunday. GTE Pro is, to me, where the most interesting competition occurs. The LMP1 and LMP2 "prototypes" of nothing that will ever be built are irrelevant to me as there is no connection to anything and a rules package that I don't get - oh, and they are ugly! The GT classes (Pro and AM) are much more interesting. I'd love to see the LMP classes replaced with a supercar class with stock appearing bodies and minimal engine restrictions other than being production-based.

Go Corvette!
    Current: 2019 Coupe, Z06, 3LZ, Elkhart Lake Blue, Jet Black.
    Former: 2015 Coupe, LT1, Z51 3LT, Laguna Blue, Jet Black.

Comment

Originally posted by German View Post
      I'm all set to watch the whole thing. Recording during the night and catching up on Sunday. GTE Pro is, to me, where the most interesting competition occurs. The LMP1 and LMP2 "prototypes" of nothing that will ever be built are irrelevant to me as there is no connection to anything and a rules package that I don't get - oh, and they are ugly! The GT classes (Pro and AM) are much more interesting. I'd love to see the LMP classes replaced with a supercar class with stock appearing bodies and minimal engine restrictions other than being production-based.

Go Corvette!
      Exactly what he said!

2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
      79 coupe Silver/oyster
      All one owner
      Museum lifetime members

Comment

Exactly what German said. I have zero interest in either of the prototype classes. As German noted, they are prototypes of nothing that will ever be anywhere. What is frustrating is the time the announcers spend on them, as opposed to the GTLM and GTD glasses which at least look like sports cars people can buy and drive.
        Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Now how many miles on your new car German.

2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
          79 coupe Silver/oyster
          All one owner
          Museum lifetime members

Comment

170 miles on the Z06 right now. I had 23,000 on the 2015, I expect about the same rate of use for this one. Winter is the heavier driving season here due to weather - fewer events in the summer at 110 degrees and more.
            Current: 2019 Coupe, Z06, 3LZ, Elkhart Lake Blue, Jet Black.
            Former: 2015 Coupe, LT1, Z51 3LT, Laguna Blue, Jet Black.

Comment

Reality is so different for so many of us. Here in the PNW, in the winter we hope for a two day dry stretch, with the first one being for the pavement to dry out, the second one being above 40 degrees so we can take our Corvettes out (save those who have two sets of tire with one being the A/S 3+). When we earlier lived in New England, sports cars basically hibernated for six months. German, we sure understand your season is just the reverse of ours. I really like your delivery pictures that Mike Furman posted. Happy Motoring! May you have an unseasonably cool summer so you get lots of miles on your beauty!

Re LeMans, I am more excited this year than in several, for we finally have a level playing field; well sort of, with both Porsche and Ford stacking the deck with twice as many cars as we have. But even that will not help you succumb to our C7.R’s. Like many of you, I have my weekend planned out and it includes 24 hours of fun watching the race — though I will get some sleep.
              Last edited by John; 06-11-2019, 01:31 PM.
              Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Originally posted by German View Post
                170 miles on the Z06 right now. I had 23,000 on the 2015, I expect about the same rate of use for this one. Winter is the heavier driving season here due to weather - fewer events in the summer at 110 degrees and more.
                Yes the summers there are hot. I lived there when I was in the sixth grade. Didn’t seem too bad to me then but I think it’s hotter now a little.
                Would like to move back out there but don’t know if I can find enough garage space for the money I want to spend.

2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                79 coupe Silver/oyster
                All one owner
                Museum lifetime members

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X