Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #115 - Corvette News & Headlines, Late June 2022

We've got the latest News & Headlines in the world of Corvette for you every other week! Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger is back to give you the inside scoop on what's happening. https://youtu.be/ZnVdDJHYDxo; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...2cqLUlcMmj6m4x
Here are a few of the topics covered on next week's podcast....
C8 Z06 benchmarked Porsche, Audi, Ferrari and McLaren
Chevrolet raises prices on 2023 C8 Stingray
Chevrolet adds DCT transmission filter life to maintenance tab on 2023 Corvettes
Chevy offers "Dark Stealth" crossed flags for 2023 Corvettes
WEC drops GTE Pro class for 2023 and introduces GTE Premium for 2024
Chevrolet is offering Dark Stealth Crossed Flags for the 2023 Corvettes
Is Corvette is scheduled for an interior refresh in 2024?
Chevrolet to offer 1 of 1 Mint Green Z06 in first NFT Auction
GM releases 2 more videos about the C8 Z06
This Friday, July 1st, is "Drive Your Corvette To Work" Day!

Don't miss a single episode of CORVETTE TODAY on podcast and YouTube. Each week's episode launches on Monday at 12 midnight Eastern Time.
2 of 2 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

C8.R’s Going To LeMans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8.R’s Going To LeMans

I am so excited that both of the two C8 R's are in Le Mans for the 24 hours, that I'm having a hard time containing my enthusiasm. Corvette wants to win this more, now, then ever before!!! We all need to turn out for this! Simply to show our support!!

That will be so exciting. This year’s race is June 11th and 12th.
    Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

It's nice to see the 24 Hours of Le Mans returning to its traditional Father's Day weekend date in the US. For many years, it's been a great part of that weekend for me.

It's more fun to watch with more hours of daylight on what is closest to the longest day of the year, but weird interesting things do happen during the dark session. When it was moved to Fall during the height of the pandemic, there was way too much darkness.
      Last edited by Foosh; 05-16-2022, 09:46 PM.

Comment

I am curious how, or if, the set up will change for the car that has been in the IMSA side of things. GTDPro is not what WEC has going in Europe. I have tried to compare the LMGTEPro to the GTDPro but cannot find IMSA's details on GTDPro. Surely there is a difference!

This is the link to the characteristics of the WEC cars.

https://www.fiawec.com/en/classes/32

This is the only link to IMSA's story on classifications. Very scant information!

https://www.imsa.com/weathertech/discover/the-classes/

Comment

Originally posted by ltomn View Post
          I am curious how, or if, the set up will change for the car that has been in the IMSA side of things. GTDPro is not what WEC has going in Europe. I have tried to compare the LMGTEPro to the GTDPro but cannot find IMSA's details on GTDPro. Surely there is a difference!

This is the link to the characteristics of the WEC cars.

https://www.fiawec.com/en/classes/32

This is the only link to IMSA's story on classifications. Very scant information!

https://www.imsa.com/weathertech/discover/the-classes/
          One thing is certain: The C8R will carry more ballast than the battleship Iowa in order to "equalize competition".

Ray
          2022 Z51 Silver Flare Metallic Coupe #8842. 3LT; GT2 seats; Black; Front Lift; Mag Ride; Engine Appearance Package; Racing stripes; Carbon flash accents. Sold my 2007 Ferrari F430 F1 for my C8. Owned a total of six Corvettes including 2 Z06.

Comment

Having been to the 24 back in 2013 (but have yet to do Daytona or Sebring), all I have to say is that it was an awesome experience. The C6.R's were still racing that year, and when we arrived at the track, the race day warmup had begun. It was easy to tell when the Corvettes were on the track. The race viewing experience was so-so (being honest), despite having seats right above the Corvette garage, but we were able to hike around to the different locations. To me, it was the sounds and everything else going on that made it awesome. Concerts, manufacturer midways (it was the first time I saw the C7 up close), food, drink and the overall partying going on. A group of four of us went with a motorhome; there was a massive group of Brits next to us that had already been there a day, and had amassed a beer bottle pyramid over 10 feet high! The Aston Martin cars at the time had Roush Racing V-8's powering them, making their sound the only other one than the Corvettes that was neat. You could only hear the air whistling off the Audi turbodiesel prototypes, and the sounds of the Ferraris were amazing when approaching, but terrible after they passed at speed.

All in all, an amazing event. I want to go again, but want to do Sebring & LeMans next.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1567.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	2.27 MB
ID:	379287
            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1588.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	379288

Name:	DSCF1625.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	379289

Name:	DSCF1659.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	2.53 MB
ID:	379290

Name:	DSCF1658.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	2.82 MB
ID:	379291
            Attached Files
            1977 White L48 Coupe (RIP)
            2023 Arctic White 1LT Z51 Coupe

Comment

Also, if anyone has any free viewing links/sites, post it! the FIA WEC app looks like it is paid subscription.
              1977 White L48 Coupe (RIP)
              2023 Arctic White 1LT Z51 Coupe

Comment

If you want a real LeMans experience, consider going with the NCM. The tour group contracted by the NCM takes most all of the drudgery out of the zoo that LeMans becomes! Our reserved seats were on the start finish line and under cover! We did it in 2018 and we will do it again. What I found most unbelievable was the attraction of the Corvette Pit. It received more attention than any other car on pit row! On the pit walk day, I think there was a constant 10 deep audience for the C7.R's. Another interesting part was the number of European owned Corvettes at the Corvette Corral (And yes you read that right! There was a very inviting and cordial Corvette Corral that was available to us!) Moulin Rouge wasn't bad either!!
                GD0 Accelerate Yellow Metallic; 3LT; HUE Natural Napa Leather; AE4 Competition Sport Seats; FA5 CF Interior Trim; Z51; FE4 Mag Ride Suspension; E60 Front Lift; Q8Q CF Open Spoke Wheels; J6F BR Brembo Calipers; RCC ER Intake Cover; DTH CF Racing Stripes; ZZ3 Engine App Package; VQK Splash Guards; ERI Battery Protection; R8C Museum Delivery

Proud LTM NCM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShrikePilot View Post
                  Also, if anyone has any free viewing links/sites, post it! the FIA WEC app looks like it is paid subscription.
                  If you have the MotorTrend cable channel, they are broadcasting all 24 hours. On XFinity, that it is HD channel 870.

Comment

Originally posted by whl3 View Post
                    If you want a real LeMans experience, consider going with the NCM. The tour group contracted by the NCM takes most all of the drudgery out of the zoo that LeMans becomes! Our reserved seats were on the start finish line and under cover! We did it in 2018 and we will do it again. What I found most unbelievable was the attraction of the Corvette Pit. It received more attention than any other car on pit row! On the pit walk day, I think there was a constant 10 deep audience for the C7.R's. Another interesting part was the number of European owned Corvettes at the Corvette Corral (And yes you read that right! There was a very inviting and cordial Corvette Corral that was available to us!) Moulin Rouge wasn't bad either!!
                    I wrote an article for the April 2006 issue of Corvette Magazine entitled "A Season for Yellow Tractors". The title made fun of the British journalists at Le Mans who referred to the C6.R as a "Yellow Tractor".

Th article basically chronicled the years I spent with Pratt & Miller and Corvette Racing. As a credentialed photographer you see and hear things the general public does not. While most photographers focused solely on the cars, I focused on the crew and pit stops.

One of my favorite shots were at Le Mans in a year when Nomex was not required for photographers and involved the first and only fuel spill I witnessed. ​

Click image for larger version  Name:	LM-2005-D5-1DMk2-2825a.jpg Views:	0 Size:	6.53 MB ID:	379426

Another was at the 12 Hours of Sebring when the 4 car blew a half-shaft in the last hour of the race while leading. I was over the wall right down with the crew as they worked to get the car back on track.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1836-Sebring-D4-1DMk2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.48 MB ID:	379427

It was great fun, but I would never go back as a spectator.

Ray​
                    2022 Z51 Silver Flare Metallic Coupe #8842. 3LT; GT2 seats; Black; Front Lift; Mag Ride; Engine Appearance Package; Racing stripes; Carbon flash accents. Sold my 2007 Ferrari F430 F1 for my C8. Owned a total of six Corvettes including 2 Z06.

Comment

Ray what amazing experiences you had. Truly priceless!

Thanks for sharing a very tiny bit of them.
                      Z06 coming late this summer: Hypersonic Gray HTC, two tone blue interior, complete high wing/aero package. CCB’s, with every piece of visible carbon fiber available. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 24 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                        Ray what amazing experiences you had. Truly priceless!

Thanks for sharing a very tiny bit of them.
                        ALMS required three layers of Nomex but it wasn't until 2007 that they required it at Le Mans, along with a helmet.

This is me at Petite Le Mans at Road Atlanta waiting to go "over the wall" with the crew.

Name:	Ray-At-Petit-Le-Mans-color-corrected.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	370.7 KB
ID:	379433

Racing Radios scanning transceiver and noise canceling head set with boom mike to I could listen to the teams and know who was coming in for a pit stop. Three layers of Nomex in July makes for dehydration.

Ray

Comment

Here is a collage I made for Olivier Beretta who helped with my French language skills.

Name:	3rd-Le-Mans-Collage.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	5.05 MB
ID:	379442

Comment

The drivers of the 64 car:

Olivier Beretta

Click image for larger version  Name:	LM-2005-D3-20D-3178.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.31 MB ID:	379444

Olie
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	LM-2005-D3-20D-3181.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.20 MB ID:	379445

Mags
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	LM-2005-D3-20D-3182.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.65 MB ID:	379446

And Olie with his family

Click image for larger version  Name:	LM-2005-D5-1DMk2-2901.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.77 MB ID:	379447
                            Last edited by Ray Smith; 05-24-2022, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Name:	LM-2005-D5-1DMk2-2794.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	4.62 MB
ID:	379449 Crew chief for the 63 car Dan Binks wishing the Prodrive Aston Martin team good luck.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X