2021 Competition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TAdams65 View Post

France may not let them in. Much of Europe is on a strict lockdown again. If I was a betting man, I would say they will not run Le Mans this year.
    I hate to say it but I think you are right about LeMans. With the COVID-19 pandemic still roaring ahead in America and Europe like a Corvette with a stuck gas pedal, I don't see any way to
    get back to normal until the fall of 2021. We need to get everyone inoculated before the virus can be effectively reined in.

Comment

Originally posted by AverageVetteNut View Post
      With us out of going to Daytona this year since they closed tent camping
      I got tickets last week, and they gave me infield parking because "..they aren't allowing camping or overnight RV parking on THURSDAY or FRIDAY". Then I got a notification email about RV parking.
      So I suppose if you had an RV, you could park the thing only for the race days 30 and 31. They totally eliminated tent camping.
      Is this correct?

2021 Coupe, AYellow,z51,Mag,2LT,JetBlk,GT2,LIft,Dual RoofTransparent Deposit:4/2020 Status:3300 TPW 2/1/2021

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre View Post
        I got tickets last week, and they gave me infield parking because "..they aren't allowing camping or overnight RV parking on THURSDAY or FRIDAY". Then I got a notification email about RV parking.
        So I suppose if you had an RV, you could park the thing only for the race days 30 and 31. They totally eliminated tent camping.
        Is this correct?
        Yes, the orange camping section ( nascar turn 3/4 ) area... that whole area was for tent campers ( pop up campers as well ) and basically, from what I was told by DIS, if you didn't have an infield RV spot, you were not able to do it, as there's no showers available. Now... that being said, I don't know about the camping spots outside of the track ( but still on DIS grounds ) because those never had shower access anyway, but there's no power or other hookups out there, so you're dry camping all that time anyway. I THINK those were cancelled as well, but not 100%.

Maybe they are allowing people to park their RVs out there for Saturday/sunday since it's just one night.

EDIT: Also.. I've heard another reason for the infield parking is that they are not going to have shuttle service. Not sure if the Joyride golf carts will be operating but I doubt that. With so much closed from access, you're not going to have a lot to see.
        Last edited by AverageVetteNut; 01-18-2021, 02:39 PM.
        Brian Huber
        Previous Corvettes
        2002 Z06 - SCCA autocross car - 58SSR ( Sold 4/20 )
        2003 Vert - Wife's stress relief/therapy car ( Sold 7/20 )

incoming car - 2021 Coupe Black - Natural two-tone. 2LT, Mag-ride, NPP, Edge Red Calipers. NCM delivery ( Status 3000 as of 1/11/21 )

Comment

I am disappointed that we will not see a stronger field at the California IMSA events... Strictly an east coast series this year. https://racer.com/2021/01/19/bmw-rll...gram-for-2021/
          HTC 3LT Z51 Black w/silver stripes/Black+grey two tone suede interior

Comment

https://sportscar365.com/photography...-breaks-cover/

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X