MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Tremec TR-9007 DCT For The C8? C7’s Ending & C8’s Beginnings: Possible Options. ME’s Infotainment System Capabilities and Components

2 of 2 < >

Wish To Change Your Forum Name? Bob Lutz on C8 vs C7 Pricing; ME’s LT2 Engine Technology Enhancments!

It is easy to change your forum name. Retain your post count. Please PM “John.”
Chazcron’s Renders of Today:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...w-gif-and-ones
C8 Just A Little More: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...on-for-version
See more
See less

C8.R Starts In 2020 Calendar Year As The Corvette Race Team’s IMSA Entry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8.R Starts In 2020 Calendar Year As The Corvette Race Team’s IMSA Entry

The C8.R will be racing in IMSA next year, as the C7.R finishes up its fabulous, multi-championship run this year.

Click image for larger version  Name:	563E0D84-3E8A-471F-B5BC-E604DFFFDB8A.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	84.4 KB ID:	21763

The following article is now the third credible source that stated that the C8.R be racing next year. Not saying that we might not see it at some point this year, but to win championships, one needs points. As noted below, per Tommy Milner, the goal of the Corvette C7.R team this year is to again win a championship, so unless they are literally so far in advance on all three (Driver, Team and Manufacturer) Championships that it is mathematically impossible for any competitor to get even one, it is unlikely that we will see the C8.R substitute for the C7.R at one of the Championship races.

[Quote=gmauthority]Milner is hoping to win the Rolex 24 and the GTLM championship this year – as is Corvette Racing’s goal each season, he explained. ‘Winning the Rolex and the GTLM championship are goals for Corvette Racing each season,” he said. “I’m confident that our test program since Petit Le Mans is going to put us in a great position to do that’.”

However, will we see the C8.R running in daylight without any camo after the C8’s reveal at several tracks, all would bet definitively so.

Again, here is the third source saying the same thing that the C8.R is our 2020 calendar year Corvette racing car.

Originally posted by gmauthority
    The 2019 IMSA season will mark the final year of racing for the Corvette C7.R, with Corvette Racing expected to switch to the new mid-engine platform Corvette C8.R for the 2020 season. A prototype for the C8.R has already been filmed undergoing testing at Sebring prior to the mid-engine Corvette’s debut later this year.
    Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/01/...#ixzz5bYqVXEvt

If you missed the thread with its internal video of the C8.R nighttime testing at Sebring:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...est-at-sebring
    Last edited by John; 01-06-2019, 07:43 PM.
    Some many questions about the ME right now; so few concrete answers yet!

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Does the C-8 needs to meet a number of units made to be eligible to race in 2020?

Comment

Good question. I do not know the technical number of units, or whether the rules state that something more general like “must have a customer car equivalent for sale at that time.”
      Howeve,r whatever the rules state, in this regard waivers are given right and left. The Ford GT was racing two years before the first Ford GT (current generation) customer car was ever made. Similarly, BMW raced a V8 version in IMSA yet no such motor was customer available while the V8 was being raced.

Some many questions about the ME right now; so few concrete answers yet!

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        However whatever the rules state, in this regard waivers are given right and left. The Ford GT was racing two years before the first Ford GT (current generation) customer car was ever made. Similarly, BMW raced a V8 version in IMSA yet no such motor was customer available while the V8 was being raced.
        Thanks, I was not aware of the concessions given to the Ford GT. But then, the development of the C8 or C8R should not influence the launch date, something else is cooking and I don't know what it is

Comment

Do you guys watch the races, and if you do, what stations play the races?

Comment

NBC this year.

https://sportscarchampionship.imsa.c...aming-schedule
            There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
            2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
            79 coupe Silver/oyster
            All one owner
            Museum lifetime members

Comment

thanks, if only it was a channel on my regular setup.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
              Working...
              X