MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today With Keith Cornett: Latest Corvette News

Even though we're into the holiday season, there's still a lot of Corvette news! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-en2b43 Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com fill you in on what's going on.  Here are a few of the headlines discussed in this episode of CORVETTE TODAY:
1.  First pictures of the new right-hand-drive C8 Corvette headed to Japan
2. Lawsuit with GM about cracked Corvette Grand Sport wheels has been dismissed
3. C8 Corvette named to Car & Driver’s annual “10 Best” list for 2nd year in a row.
4. 2020 C8 Corvette goes on sale in the Middle East
5. Final production stats for the 2020 C8 announced
6. Nick Tandy to replace Oliver Gavin on Corvette Racing Team
7. Chevrolet celebrates IMSA championships with new commercial
8. The ’63 Split Window makes Hagerty’s list of coupes worth more than their convertible siblings
9. Procharger teases of a supercharged C8 Corvette
10. OnStar thwarts the theft of a 2020 C8 Corvette
Happy Holidays!
2 of 2 < >

Official C8 Owners Manual, Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

See more
See less

Nick Tandy To Replace Oliver Gavin in # 4 C8.R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick Tandy To Replace Oliver Gavin in # 4 C8.R

Thansk to SportsCar 365, as brought to us by CorvetteBlogger but not yet GM official, we have learned that Nick Tandy, a fantastic sports car driver, will replace Oliver Gavin. Nick is also an Englishmen, but we welcome him with open arms for he is a fantastic race car driver!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DE01CFD6-7A9B-4F0D-A3B4-EF5206429133.jpeg
Views:	4031
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	208292

Originally posted by CorvetteBlogger
    Nick Tandy Will Replace Oliver Gavin at Corvette Racing

By Keith Cornett - Nov 16, 2020

Now that the 2020 IMSA WeatherTech Championship Series has come to a close, we are finally getting some answers as to how the driver’s lineup for Corvette Racing will be filled for the 2021 campaign which starts in just two months.

Following the retirement of Oliver Gavin after a 19-year career with Corvette Racing, Sportscar365.com is reporting that long-time Porsche driver Nick Tandy will be taking over Gavin’s seat in the No. 4 C8.R with Tommy Milner as his driving partner.
    Tandy is a 36-year-old Englishman who has an overall win at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2015 and 13 wins over the seven years as a driver for Porsche in the WeatherTech Sportscar Championship Series. His most recent win came on Saturday at the 12 Hours of Sebring.
    After the announcement of Porsche’s withdraw from IMSA for the 2021 season, Tandy became available and SportsCar365 says he had been in the mix for the open seat at Corvette Racing with a deal recently finalized. Corvette Racing has declined to comment on the addition of Tandy, stating that they will announce their 2021 driver line-up at a later date.
    In addition to Gavin leaving Corvette Racing, Sportscar365 also tells us that Marcell Fassler will not be back for the endurance races in 2021, and that ex-BMW driver Alexander Sims may be in line for the 3rd seat of the No.4 C8.R.
    Meanwhile, the 2020 championship-winning No.3 C8.R will be back with Antonio Garcia, Jordan Taylor, along with endurance driver Nicky Catsburg as the team looks to duplicate the success of the new mid-engine sports car in its sophomore year.

Source:
    SportsCar365.com
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Cool ! Nick Tandy is a terrific race car driver and will be a real asset to the Corvette Racing team. He will also give Antonio Garcia a run for his money next year. I expect a lot of #3 and #4 duels in 2021. Should be fun to watch.

If I can get my mRNA coronavirus shots (2) this spring, I'm headed to Road America to see the IMSA races next August. That place is the most fun you can have with your clothes on if you love sports cars - I swear to dog !! There are a dozen places to get a cold beer and a good piece of Walleye in Fond du Lac and Elkhart Lake too !!

Comment

I thought they would have picked up Dane Cameron as he is younger and incredibly fast. He also does not get rattled by other drivers. Pipo Derani would also have been a good choice.

Comment

Pipo Derani is a fast, tough race car driver but he cost Whelen Engineering a Championship with his bone-head move at Sebring when he took the 31 out of contention by trying to get even with Penske. He and Doug Fehan would not work out well together.

Comment

Doug is the team leader, brooks no BS from those who do not work within his standards. Since he is the accomplished and incredibly successful race-master, all who drive have to understand that their agendas are not even in contention when they conflict with Doug’s safety and racing standards, e.g., race hard, race fair, drop not jeopardize a team car and do not jeopardize everyone’s safety (whether they are on your team or someone else’s).

Doug at the same time listens hard to common sense, innovative ideas and similar, but again only if they are within the aforementioned Doug safety and racing overriding parameters.

I have enjoyed my time with him. He is such a character, a consummate story teller, a strong NCM supporter, not afraid to tell race central when they are unfairly treating Corvettes. In short he is a kick.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I wonder if they might utilize Oliver Gavin in the role of Doug Fehan ? I also know Doug and he is a real treat to talk to, one on one.

Comment

Earlier this year I attended my first IMSA event (Roar before the 24 practice) and immediately noticed two things...how loud the Porsche 911s were and how aggressive Nick Tandy is. This is great news. Go Corvette Racing!
              1YC07, 2LT, GAN, HUL, Z51, AH2, E60, J6N, Q8Q, ZZ3, FE4

Comment

Tandy is aggressive, no doubt about it. It seemed all the Porsche drivers were not afraid to SMACK their fenders against the competition. Hope he leaves that type of driving at Porsche.

Comment

Before Tandy was hired he met with Doug Fehan. Doug has strict rules of engaging fellow C8.R’s and also competitors. If Doug had one ounce of concern, he would not have hired Nick.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X