Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTLM six cars for 2021?

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/d...ries-for-2021/

IMSA President John Doonan says he’s “encouraged” on the prospects of maintaining a six-car field in the GT Le Mans class, having revealed they’ve received inquiries from teams looking to field GTE-spec Aston Martin Vantages and Ferrari 488s next year.

The development comes in the wake of Porsche’s planned exit from GTLM at the end of the season, leaving only Corvette Racing and BMW as confirmed entrants in the class.

BMW Motorsport director Jens Marquardt told Sportscar365 last week that the German manufacturer is working with IMSA to help encourage additional teams or manufacturers to enter next year, with Doonan confirming such interest.

“We want to have as full of a field as possible in GTLM,” Doonan told Sportscar365. “There’s been a lot of folks expressing interest in coming.

“Obviously you look at the other brands that are currently competing [with GTE cars], it’s the Aston Martins and Ferraris. We’ve had inquiries from both.

Go TEAM CORVETTE 👍👍
    Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

That would be great to watch the Corvette take them on.
      2020 Convertible, Torch Red, 2LT, NPP, Natural, GT1, E60, Q8Q, perpetual status 3000

Comment

Hope the join. The class is dead if they do not.

Comment

Since I already have my tickets for the Corvette Corral at Watkins Glen and rooms reserved for the VIR race next year, great news....the more the merrier in GTLM!

Comment

Take no prisoners!!!

Comment

I hope it happens but it needs to happen quick as there is only 3 months until Roar before the 24 testing. 4 Car 2 team class will not be that fun to watch.

Comment

Pro road racing has a big problem. Even Spec Miata has 45-60 car grids. When Mrs Racer86 was racing in Formula Ford ( single seat open wheel ) her race starts were usually 40 cars or more.
                3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

Originally posted by Racer86 View Post
                  Pro road racing has a big problem. Even Spec Miata has 45-60 car grids. When Mrs Racer86 was racing in Formula Ford ( single seat open wheel ) her race starts were usually 40 cars or more.
                  I’m guessing your avatar is a pic of Mrs Racer86 after a race win? Awesome! You are a rare guy who can say their wife raced, open wheel, rarer still!

Comment

Originally posted by 16falcon View Post

I’m guessing your avatar is a pic of Mrs Racer86 after a race win? Awesome! You are a rare guy who can say their wife raced, open wheel, rarer still!
                    Avatar pic is me at Sears Point, won the Pacific Coast Road Racing Championship in our Williams FW07. Mrs Racer86 raced in Formula Ford for 10 years at the SCCA Regional and National level. Great times in our life's.
                    3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X