MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Welcome Ikon Performance As Our Featured Forum Vendor

We are extremely pleased to have the high quality firm of Ikon Performance join us with their C8 exhaust system being their lead C8 product. Ikon is at: http://www.ikonperformance.com/c8-Co...xhaust-system/ Their C8 exhaust is bent, made of 304 stainless, with round exhaust tips and more.
2 of 4 < >

Corvette Today Podcast IS On Now With CorvetteBlogger and Steve Garrett

Steve Garrett and CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett examine “Corvette Headlines & News” for mid-September 2020. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...rftb Included in this episode are: The Corvette Visualizer for 2021 is now online; The National Corvette Museum raffles off the 1.75 millionth Corvette; Electric, all-wheel drive Corvette possibly coming out in 2023;Country Music star George Jones’ Corvette gets donated to the NCM;.....and more!Stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
3 of 4 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

C8 wheels on C7

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • C8 wheels on C7

    Anyone happen to know if the standard c8 19/20 5 spokes fit up just fine on a z51 c7? I know there some minor size tweaks but any firsthand info would be helpful Thanks!

  • #2
    No first hand experience here, but since the C8 uses 14mm lugs instead of 12mm, I would guess the lug holes are larger so the cones on the C7 lug nuts wouldn't apply provide enough mating surface area to clamp the wheel correctly. Could be a dangerous issue long term.

    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

    Purchased 5/2/2015,
    >36,000 miles

    Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

    Never grow up - It's a trap.

    Comment


    • #3
      Welcome to the forum Mike884. Glad you joined us!
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

      Comment


      • #4
        I have no idea about the bolt pattern differences between the C7 and C8 but as long as the lug nuts from the C8 are used on the C7 it should work.
        Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
        2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
        Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
        3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post
          I have no idea about the bolt pattern differences between the C7 and C8 but as long as the lug nuts from the C8 are used on the C7 it should work.
          Not possible. The C8 uses 14mm lugs / nuts, the C7 12mm.

          The bolt circle is slightly different on the two cars, but I don't think that would be the major issue. The C7 has a bolt circle of 120.7mm (4.75 inches). The C8 is purely metric, with a bolt circle of 120mm.
          SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

          Purchased 5/2/2015,
          >36,000 miles

          Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

          Never grow up - It's a trap.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

            Not possible. The C8 uses 14mm lugs / nuts, the C7 12mm.

            The bolt circle is slightly different on the two cars, but I don't think that would be the major issue. The C7 has a bolt circle of 120.7mm (4.75 inches). The C8 is purely metric, with a bolt circle of 120mm.
            It's not the nuts then it's the bolt pattern? I don't know what you mean by bolt circle. My Malibu as 12MM lug nuts, but the winter rims are 10's. I just had to buy new nuts for the new rims.
            Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
            2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
            Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
            3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Murray20c8 View Post

              It's not the nuts then it's the bolt pattern? I don't know what you mean by bolt circle. My Malibu as 12MM lug nuts, but the winter rims are 10's. I just had to buy new nuts for the new rims.
              Are you talking about the socket size? I'm talking about the threads. The lugs on the C8 are 14mm in diameter. The lugs on the C7 only 12mm in diameter. You can't thread a 14mm nut onto a 12mm lug (or vice versa).

              The bolt circle is the diameter of an imaginary circle drawn through the centers of all the lugs. The C7's lugs are very slightly further apart than the C8's. But the 0.7 mm difference in bolt circle might not really be a problem.
              Last edited by meyerweb; 09-16-2020, 05:13 PM.
              SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

              Purchased 5/2/2015,
              >36,000 miles

              Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

              Never grow up - It's a trap.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

                Are you talking about the socket size? I'm talking about the threads. The lugs on the C8 are 14mm in diameter. The lugs on the C7 only 12mm in diameter. You can't thread a 14mm nut onto a 12mm lug (or vice versa).

                The bolt circle is the diameter of an imaginary circle drawn through the centers of all the lugs. The C7's lugs are very slightly further apart than the C8's. But the 0.7 mm difference in bolt circle might not really be a problem.
                Gotcha. (adding text so I can post )
                Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
                2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
                Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
                3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yes the studs are smaller on the c7. The taper on the nuts is over 20mm so any slight increase in hole size, if any, shouldn't really matter. Bolt pattern is pretty negligible as well.

                  Comment

                  MECF_728x90_bottom

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X