Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #109 - Corvette News & Headlines, Mid-May 2022

Join your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett and Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com and they discuss what’s happening with America’s Sports Car. https://youtu.be/LY-bD8tscBs; https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...HXCQFbRpXxWPtK
1. Hard Top Convertibles now account for 48% of Corvette orders
2. Here are the most popular Corvette colors of 2022
3. 70th anniversary models delayed because of wheel constraints
4. Export versions of the C8 Z06 with corner mounted exhaust will be exported
5. The 2023 Stingray/Z06 Owner’s Manual available for download
6. The 2023 C8 Z06 is the official Pace Car for the Indianapolis 500
7. Corvette Racing’s drivers take a C8 Stingray on the track at Spring Mountain
8. Corvette Hall Of Fame inductees announced
9. Corvette is the AutoCar 2022 Dream Car of the Year

CORVETTE TODAY is the best way to stay current on what’s happening with Corvette! Don’t miss this episode…..

LISTEN TO THE PODCAST, WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO, SIGN UP FOR EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS AND JOIN THE FACEBOOK GROUP AT:

www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
2 of 2 < >

2023 Corvette Info Including SR Pricing, SR 2023 Visualizer, 70th Anniversary SR/Z06 Press Release; The C8 Z06 Press Release, Order Guide & Its Visualizer Link

See more
See less

Corvette insurance costs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corvette insurance costs.

Had a nice surprise in the mail. My Corvette insurance costs stays low and even went down and is now less than 1400 per year on two Corvette's. Less than 700 per year full coverage.
    Plus they return premium as well. Last couple of years they sent me some money back as well. Helps with the sting of the higher gas least I don't have higher insurance as well.

Because my Vettes are listed as "low mileage" cars, my insurance went up by only $200-300 per six months when I went from my 15-year old C6 to my new C8. It was a pleasant surprise because I was expecting a very big difference.
    Mustang GT (new, 1st year models): 1987, 2006, 2015
    Other notable: 1972 Charger (1st car), 1995 Trans Am
    2006 C6 (used) convertible, 2LT, 6spd, black / tan
    2021 C8 (new) convertible, 2LT, red mist / black & tan
    Deposit 17Jul20, 3000 ~20May21, 3300 ~24Aug21, 3400 ~31Aug21, 3800 ~7Sep21, 5000 22Sep21, 6000 24Sep21

Comment

Full coverage of my C8 Z51 HTC added to to my existing home/auto policy cost me $500/year annualized. $500 deductible on collision and comprehenive.
      Last edited by Milliwatt Rob; 05-06-2022, 10:38 AM.
      2022 HTC 2LT Z51
      Front lift, mag ride
      black exterior, adrenaline red interior, bright red calipers

Comment

Insurance premiums vary depending on your deductible coverage. Without knowing that, these numbers don't mean much.

Comment

Originally posted by My1stVette View Post
          Insurance premiums vary depending on your deductible coverage. Without knowing that, these numbers don't mean much.
          and region, and age, and driving history, and a plethora of other underwriting items (secret sauce is different for each company with some items remaining consistent). Great point but having others' experiences as context still gives a great measuring stick for what we each experience.

Knowing that people are seeing reductions or minimal increases helps us temperature check what we are experiencing personally and then allows us to seek information to understand if our situation is different. It is a great starting point.

Comment

^^^
            Yep. Pretty much impossible to compare rates for one driver in one location to another drive in a different place. When I was with GEICO and replaced one car on the policy with another, it affected the rates of the other 2 cars on the policy in ways that didn't make much logical sense. So I called them for an explanation. After talking to multiple people, the best answer I could get was "because that's what the computer says." I don't think even the insurance underwriters understand their algorithms any more.

What is almost universally true, however, it that it pays to shop around every few years. All insurance companies tend to "sneak" minor rate increases on you year after year. Small enough you don't pay much attention each time, but over a decade they can massively impact your premiums. Switching from GEICO to Erie last year cut my premiums to less than half of what they were before, for better coverage.

But don't focus only on premiums. Look online for ratings of insurance companies for both financial stability and customer satisfaction. A cheap policy doesn't do you much good if they do everything possible to avoid paying claims.
            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Rates are sometimes dictated by states but also hikes can be dictated. In Mass the rates are government regulated, NJ the government holds some of the premium dollars for coverage beyond base and NY the state determines if a rate hike can be taken outside of an accident exceeding 2,000 in damages. For NYS, before the 2k, it was 1k. When NYS increased minimum damage amount to qualify for rate increase to 2k they (all insurance companies) had to make up for the added risk somewhere so we all pitched in in the form of paying higher premiums.

I also agree with shopping around every few years. Insurance companies used to "rerun" or re-underwrite you to update your rates but mostly none do anymore. We have found success in leaving your current insurance for six months to reset you and qualify you for being reviewed for updated rates. We have dropped our insurance costs a few hundred each time we have done this as we mature and our past records become more distant.

So many complexities and uniqueness here but I got a real-life LOL at "the best answer I could get was "because that's what the computer says.""

Also, sage advice regarding consideration of more than just costs. responsiveness, transparency, coverage, customer service, etc is so critical. If you ever need insurance you want to ensure you get the best service. It stinks to get rear-ended and the insurance company of the other driver claims you "failed to keep a proper lookout to the rear" as they try to put some negligence on you.

Comment

Rates vary by coverage - Having insurance doesn't exactly mean the same for everyone. There is also additional insurance that can be added to go beyond the max 100/300 coverage limits most insurance companies max out at in case you injured someone severely and were found at fault so you do not loose your home and bank accounts. Most people fail to realize what happens when the insurance coverage is simply not enough when tragedy strikes.
                I had a neighbor who found himself in this position (Hit a mini van with mother and 2 small children) lost his home, bank accounts, cars, etc and must pay 25% of his income for probably the remainder of his life.
                Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Yes, these days, it is foolhardy to be under-insured. Have enough liability coverage on your auto policy to qualify for an umbrella policy as well. It covers more than just umbrellas.
                  2022 HTC 2LT Z51
                  Front lift, mag ride

Comment

Yes, we got a million dollar umbrella, wonder if it's enough now days?

Comment

Lots of good advice above. I would add that many newcomers to the Corvette, or any expensive sports car, don't realize that rates can be relatively low for older drivers with excellent records. I'm told by multiple companies that we're in a relatively low claims category...knock wood.
                      '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
                      '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
                      Several others including two C7's

'20... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels- 10/1/20😀 GAME CHANGER

Comment

Especially if your annual mileage is low, and the car stays in the garage in rain, snow, and not used for commuting. Risks are substantially reduced when cars are only used in ideal conditions.
                        2022 HTC 2LT Z51
                        Front lift, mag ride

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                          Especially if your annual mileage is low, and the car stays in the garage in rain, snow, and not used for commuting. Risks are substantially reduced when cars are only used in ideal conditions.
                          I have 7700 miles on my 2018 Z06 M7 (bought left over in 12/18 built 2/26/18 maybe the last 2018 made) and 17,500 on my 2017 Z06 A8 (bought 5/17). I do drive the A8 more but I also have owned it more than year longer.
                          My other Z06 was a 2015 I bought 4-15 and sold in 2019. Smallest garage is 4 cars so I have room to keep them in. No Z06 deserves to be stored outside.
                          Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 05-11-2022, 02:11 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X