Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kai Spande selling his big block '66

From Corvette Blogger https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2021...=pocket_mylist

Corvette Assembly Plant Director Kai Spande is Selling His Big Block 1966 Corvette

Click image for larger version

Name:	101121_8b.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	319155

Here’s your opportunity to buy a big-block 1966 Sting Ray coupe from Kai Spande, plant manager at the Corvette Assembly Plant in Bowling Green, Kentucky.

In a posting on the C2 Corvette Owners Club on Facebook, Spande says his ’66 will be going up for sale soon on Bring a Trailer, but he first wanted to gauge interest from that Facebook group before doing so.

Spande purchased the car from Corvette Mike in Anaheim, California in 2019 and says it had undergone a two-year, frame-off restoration several years earlier and afterwards earned a Bloomington Gold certification.

“I have date coded everything from the differential, trans, engine, alternator, etc. etc. and it all matches,” Spande says in the post. ‘Even talked to the second owner who is a Dr. South of Bowling Green, Ky, where I live.”

The car is powered by an L72 427/425 horsepower motor hooked to a four-speed close-ratio manual transmission and has factory side pipes and wood steering wheel, along with Kelsey-Hayes knock-off wheels and Goodyear Goldline tires.

Name:	101121_11b.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	319156

Spande says he “truly” believes the car’s odometer reading showing less than 38,000 miles – “substantiated by talking to the second owner, and the person I bought it from. The exact reason I bought it.”

He describes the Milano Maroon Sting Ray as “just awesome,” adding “I could go on and on. Believe me, it is a great car.”

Name:	101121_10b.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	319157

The window sticker shows a final MSRP of $5,743.24, with other features including power brakes, tinted glass, AM/FM radio, and Positraction rear axle.

The Corvette is currently on display at the National Corvette Museum. “If you are ready to buy a piece of history, let me know,” says Spande, a member of the NCM Board of Directors.

Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

It's a thing of beauty. I sure it will find a loving home 👍👍
    Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

I starred at it while for quite a while when it was in its enclosed class display are at NCM the beginning of last month. It is as represented, a piece of Corvette history. Some lucky upcoming owner.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        I starred at it while for quite a while when it was in its enclosed class display are at NCM the beginning of last month. It is as represented, a piece of Corvette history. Some lucky upcoming owner.
        I was busy enjoying that car when they drove mine onto Corvette Blvd. When I turned around is when I first laid eyes on my C8.

Gorgeous car Kai is selling!
        2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers and engine cover, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C, American Hydrocarbon 5VM kit, museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4, 3300 on 8/4, 3400 on 8/11, #18 off the line on 8/23, delivered 9/10.

Well worth the wait, the car is amazing!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
        Working...
        X