MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 1/17 Changes: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
2 of 2 < >

MECF TEMPORARY MAINTENANCE SHUT DOWN

STARTING 4:00 PM (PST), Monday, January 6th: Heads Up Please of Scheduled Maintenance!!!! Unlike past notices when our software company said MECF would be shut down less than one hour, they have said that our forum COULD have a two hour shut down. Thank you very much for your understanding.
See more
See less

Well I sold my Corvette today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So where do you all think is the best place to sell my 17 GS. TPW on C8 is Feb 10th.
    maybe time to think about selling the 7. Thanks! Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Jimsue8 View Post
      So where do you all think is the best place to sell my 17 GS. TPW on C8 is Feb 10th.
      I sold mine to Carmax. You'll get about 10% less than book value, but it will be zero hassle. I didn't want to try to sell a $40K car online and worry about scammers, forged cashier's checks, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimsue8 View Post
        Did you ask about a trade-in?
        Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
        Torch red coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP

Comment

I have a 2007 convertible. Likely will just keep it when the C8 arrives.

Comment

Congratulations on the sale.
            People here will understand how tough it is to let your Vette go.
            I liked my C7 but never really bonded with it so the loss was not that great.
            Traded it back in August to the dealer. A week alter he took in another 6 C7's.
            My trusty old C5 will fill the hole till the C8 gets here.
            B&B

Comment

Well, I have a '62 I need to sell in order to get the C8. Have ordered the new one, and with the delays of production (ordered C8 Nov. 4th) with the C8, hoping I'll have plenty of time to get this done. Christmas not the best time of year to start the selling process, but I'm hopeful. Just running internet ads for now, maybe a local ad later. Wish me luck!

Comment

Congrats on the sale, I did it 5 months ago now & it was a very sad day.
                Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, Just SOLD my 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger for new C8 On order from Kerbeck at status 3000, 2/10/20 TPW. C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

Right now, contemplating either a trade in or the Carmax route. The market here for used Corvettes is very thin, so a sale could take a long time, with all the hassles of tire kickers and the like. I prefer a deal where I can be driving my old car right up to the last minute, then be free and clear of it. Also, by Vermont State law, in order to get a sales tax credit for the sale or trade of an old car against the tax on a new car, the transactions must be within 90 days of each other. So selling a car way in advance would be disadvantageous.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X