MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 1/17 Changes: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
2 of 2 < >

MECF TEMPORARY MAINTENANCE SHUT DOWN

STARTING 4:00 PM (PST), Monday, January 6th: Heads Up Please of Scheduled Maintenance!!!! Unlike past notices when our software company said MECF would be shut down less than one hour, they have said that our forum COULD have a two hour shut down. Thank you very much for your understanding.
See more
See less

Well I sold my Corvette today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I sold my Corvette today...

First one I ever owned, bought it new four years ago. 2015 C7 Z51 Stingray, Night Race Blue Metallic, 15,600 miles. It has turned a LOT of heads where I live. When I first got it I was over the moon excited, and for a long time I felt like Tony Stark every time I sat in the driver's seat to go somewhere.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	c71.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	84943

Name:	c72.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	84944

Name:	c73.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	84945

I'm sad, but more excited about getting my C8 next spring!

It could have been worse........it could have been me!!

But I am not an early adapter. So I have at least one more season with my NRB 2015 Z51 roadster.

Comment

Congrats on that! Saving mine till my C8 arrives.

Comment

Good move.... I did the same last month.

Just remember that every day that goes by is one day closer to the day you pick up your new C8. Get ready because you're going to be doin' a lot of waving as other drivers give you the 'thumbs up'.... and be prepared to spend extra time at the gas station because EVERYONE will want to ask about that new C8!

Comment

So well said tooold2race, i.e., every stop becomes longer than we initially think it will.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

What a beautiful NRB you had VicH. Having just sold mine last month, I know/remember that it was a sad experience to say goodbye to it.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by tooold2race View Post
              Good move.... I did the same last month.

Just remember that every day that goes by is one day closer to the day you pick up your new C8. Get ready because you're going to be doin' a lot of waving as other drivers give you the 'thumbs up'.... and be prepared to spend extra time at the gas station because EVERYONE will want to ask about that new C8!
              I'm absolutely counting on that and am looking forward to it.

My best memory of my C7 was right after I got it, and I was the first person in my town of 50,000 AFAIK, there was a mom and daughter SCREAMING at me on the road saying "THAT'S THE BATMOBILE!! THAT'S THE BATMOBILE!!"

I'll never forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

Congrats on that! Saving mine till my C8 arrives.
                Well I don't drive mine in the winter and I figure I'd head off some depreciation. I sold it to Carmax and I had it appraised in May - ended up getting $4K less for it since then, so that's how much it cost me to drive one more summer.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                  What a beautiful NRB you had VicH. Having just sold mine last month, I know/remember that it was a sad experience to say goodbye to it.
                  Thanks, man. I really do not understand how NRB was one of the lowest selling colors. It was freaking stunning.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                    So well said tooold2race, i.e., every stop becomes longer than we initially think it will.
                    I'm totally cool with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                      It could have been worse........it could have been me!!

But I am not an early adapter. So I have at least one more season with my NRB 2015 Z51 roadster.
                      Nice, another NRB guy!

I was told at a Corvette club gathering that I had one of two in the entire state.

Comment

Beautiful car, and you obviously took great care. By my calculation, owning it these past 5 months only cost you about $500/mo. What a bargain for the pleasure.
                        Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

Originally posted by MrBluster View Post
                          Beautiful car, and you obviously took great care. By my calculation, owning it these past 5 months only cost you about $500/mo. What a bargain for the pleasure.
                          $727/month.

Comment

I'm going through C7 withdrawal. Traded mine in to the dealer, afraid it would just keep depreciating. 2014 Stingray, 3LT, 7 spd. manual. Now I'm like a kid waiting for Santa.

Name:	Corvette Stingray 2020 8 16 a.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	85117 I keep looking for C8 toys just to have and look at until mine arrives sometime next spring. Whimper, Whimper…. Click image for larger version

Name:	Morgan's C7 02.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	2.48 MB
ID:	85116
                            Attached Files

Comment

I posted this to a different thread...but it seems right for this one as well. Last week said goodbye to my 2014 torch red C7 two weeks ago. I did so with a lump in my thoat. It was an early delivery C7 and garnered lots of attention. It was a great car...and I hope it's new home treats it as well as I did. My C8 TPW is 2/24. I figured there would suddenly be lots of C7s on the market once C8s begin to be delivered...thus driving the resale price down. So I sold now...and it seems prices are beginning to dip. But to those who have a C7 or plan to buy one....it's one hell of a car. Enjoy it!
                              Sebring Orange Tintcoat; 2LT; black interior; GT2 seats; front lift adjustable height; performance exhausts; engine appearance; Spectra Gray Tridents; Red Calipers; Orange seat belts;

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X