C7 Production by Color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C7 Production by Color

Thanks to CorvetteBlogger we have a chart that breaks down the six year C7 run by color. It will be interesting to see if Arctic White continues to be the most popular with the C8.

Full article: https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2019...terior-colors/

1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
    2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

I learned a bunch looking at that chart. Thank you.

Comment

I have cyber grey i can't believe only 4000 made

Comment

Love my rare LRG convertible.
        My C8:
        '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020; Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
        '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
        '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
        '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

I really appreciate facts. Thank you Brad. Charlie aka cutnout

Comment

Interesting...it looks to me as though, if Shark Grey had been continued, it might very well have been one of the best selling colors. By switching to Watkins and Shadow, they lost the momentum with a clean, wonderful grey. And Cyber, for a darker grey was also capable of a long run. Just my two cents, but that's the way I see the numbers.

I'm a life long Corvette fan, but I continue to believe that color choices are the brands greatest weakness. Although the three new colors for the C8 show some promise that they are willing to break the old mold a bit.
            Recently sold:
            Shark Grey '15 Z51 Coupe : White / Blue Diamond '13 427 60th roadster ( really miss the 'stripe delete' 427 )

Status 3000 - 7th Corvette... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels

Comment

Well said ... I agree with everything you said, especially the lack of a good and classy gray as before.
              TPW 2/17 .. Shadow Gray Metallic w/Natural, 3LT, Z51, Mag, Lift, Spectra Gray Trident, Edge Red Calipers, Body Color Accents.

Past owned: 1984 C4, Medium Gray Metallic, Coupe, VIN# 1004; 1981 C3 White Coupe; 1980 C3 Dark Claret, Coupe

Comment

As history might indicate, am I making a bad decision going with Ceramic Matrix Gray over Arctic White to sell to the masses when I sell it for a Z06 or Zora down the road? I cannot believe Arctic White was the leading color of choice for the C7 over it's 6 year run at 19% of production! You chose well, Bruce!

Comment

The Shark Gray was the reason I bought my C7 in 2016. When I built my first one on the Chevy site it just jumped out at me. All the car shows I have been to, I'm always complimented on the color.
                  When I built my C8 I was really going for the Ceramic Matrix Gray as I saw one at one of our shows at the dealer and thought that's what I would choose but then I saw the Zeus Bronze in a video and that one changed my mind and that's what my C8 3LT is going to be with the Natural Interior. We'll see if this one is as good as the Shark Gray Click image for larger version

Name:	LBI (3).JPG
Views:	358
Size:	5.52 MB
ID:	89853

Comment

A Night Race Blue convertible with blacked out badges must be pretty rara. Hmmm.

Comment

I can't believe the Black Rose sold so few. It is really an elegant color. Like you, purple pearl, I am going with Ceramic Grey Metallic, with the emphasis on metallic.
                      Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

Well my c7 Cyber Grey is the first Grey Corvette I ever owned....Living in Florida and seeing that Metallic Blue Flakes is just beautiful in the sun....I hate to let it go make room for my c8

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                          Interesting...it looks to me as though, if Shark Grey had been continued, it might very well have been one of the best selling colors. By switching to Watkins and Shadow, they lost the momentum with a clean, wonderful grey. And Cyber, for a darker grey was also capable of a long run. Just my two cents, but that's the way I see the numbers.

I'm a life long Corvette fan, but I continue to believe that color choices are the brands greatest weakness. Although the three new colors for the C8 show some promise that they are willing to break the old mold a bit.
                          Watkins grey was selling the best relook at the numbers 18 was very short production and it was changed to shadow

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Happy View Post
                            Well my c7 Cyber Grey is the first Grey Corvette I ever owned....Living in Florida and seeing that Metallic Blue Flakes is just beautiful in the sun....I hate to let it go make room for my c8
                            My 2014 C7, Cyber Grey was the first corvette I have ever owned.... Also live in Florida and loved seeing the Metallic Blue Flakes. Am sure my Zeus Bronze Vert will be just as enjoyable.
                            Zeus Bronze HTC, 3LT, Natural Dipped, Q8T Spectra Gray Trident Wheels, NPP Performance Exhaust, ZYC Carbon Flash Exterior Mirrors, DRG Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, E60 Adjustable Front Lift, D84 Carbon Flash Convertible Top and Nacelles, and R8C Museum Delivery

Comment

Interesting list - Cyber Gray was the show car color when the car was introduced in early 2013. Surprised they only ran it one year, along with Lime Rock Green. Those may be collector cars one day.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X