Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

GM Official C8 Sites For Your Convenience And Inquiries

*Build/Price:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...hanks-to-mkenm
*GM’s C8 Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide (9/6): https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...page=&butID=1#
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections. Thank you.
See more
See less

Happy Birthday 1966

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday 1966

On this date in 1965 my 1966 coupe rolled off the assembly line in St. Louis. It is VIN 69 so it is a very early car for 1966.

After being sold by Byrne Brothers Chevrolet in White Plains, NY, it spent its early years in New York and New Jersey where it accumulated only 45,000 miles through early 2011.

I purchased the car from Conte's Corvettes in Vineland, NJ in March of 2011 and had it shipped to my home in Florida where it has been ever since.

It now has 72,000 miles on it with most of those miles accumulated driving to Corvette shows all over the southeast. Next month I'm driving 600 miles to Charlotte for a show at Hendrick Motorsports which I also attended last year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1246.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	68833
    1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
    2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

She’s a beauty! USA1 BABY!!!
    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....XGMF5X

Comment

Yes she is. Congratulations to you and your car. Know you will be keeping this one!!!
      GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue, HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Awesome, I have to admire your keeping it in pristine condition over all the years. I always kick myself for selling them, but always enjoy the new rides and technology changes as well.
          Rocket City Florida

Comment

Does anyone have any advice for someone thinking about a C2 Corvette for someone who knows nothing about them other that they are very beautiful. Don't care much about matching numbers or concours anything. Just would want a manual transmission reliable car with patina for character that was fun to drive to further enhance my relationship with Corvettes?
            Any advice or steering me in a good direction would be appreciated.
            Thank you.
            Last edited by Dumbell2; 09-07-2019, 07:29 PM.

Comment

That certainly is eye catching.....what a beauty!

im sorry I dont know anything about buying a corvette like that. Heck..I thought the 1963 to 1967 model years were c2s...

are you looking for a c2 or a c3?

c3 s are amazing deals right now ...good luck deciding which to purchase.

Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT (only two options)

Comment

Thanks for catching that JB. Meant C2. Brains going a little Biden on me

Comment

The c2 s are beauties....
                  Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 1LT (only two options)

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                    The c2 s are beauties....
                    Just at the thinking stage,but something I have lusted after for decades.

Comment

1966 was a great year!!
                      2017 TR GS 2LT

Comment

I have personally seen this great 66 win at many shows. Great car-good guy. Charlie aka cutnout

Comment

Originally posted by Dumbell2 View Post
                          Does anyone have any advice for someone thinking about a C2 Corvette for someone who knows nothing about them other that they are very beautiful. Don't care much about matching numbers or concours anything. Just would want a manual transmission reliable car with patina for character that was fun to drive to further enhance my relationship with Corvettes?
                          Any advice or steering me in a good direction would be appreciated.
                          Thank you.
                          While you are looking for a 'driver' vs a 'show car' the number 1 choice would be a 1967 small block (327) Corvette. They are the best driving and also the 1967 small block has the dual circuit master cylinder brakes for a bit more security. Also the parking brake has a convenient handle located between the seats instead of the earlier setup located under the dash.
                          Though the 427 Corvettes are popular they run hot and have more weight on the front end than the small block. The 327 350HP version coupe is the sweet spot in 1967 Corvettes. It is important to get a mechanic who is familiar with the C2 Corvettes to inspect your Corvette 'find' before purchase for any possible problems. You will pay a bit more for a 1967 but the resale value will also be superior. The 1967 Corvette was not supposed to exist but was the result of problems in the development of the 1968 C3 which had it's introduction delayed. Many consider the 1967 Corvette the best design. There are various sites that sell Corvettes which will give you a guide to current pricing. Cars on line have a big selection of Corvettes for example. Happy hunting!

Comment

Originally posted by -vet View Post

While you are looking for a 'driver' vs a 'show car' the number 1 choice would be a 1967 small block (327) Corvette. They are the best driving and also the 1967 small block has the dual circuit master cylinder brakes for a bit more security. Also the parking brake has a convenient handle located between the seats instead of the earlier setup located under the dash.
                            Though the 427 Corvettes are popular they run hot and have more weight on the front end than the small block. The 327 350HP version coupe is the sweet spot in 1967 Corvettes. It is important to get a mechanic who is familiar with the C2 Corvettes to inspect your Corvette 'find' before purchase for any possible problems. You will pay a bit more for a 1967 but the resale value will also be superior. The 1967 Corvette was not supposed to exist but was the result of problems in the development of the 1968 C3 which had it's introduction delayed. Many consider the 1967 Corvette the best design. There are various sites that sell Corvettes which will give you a guide to current pricing. Cars on line have a big selection of Corvettes for example. Happy hunting!
                            Thank you. Sounds like great advice. I appreciate it 👍

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X