MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 1/17 Changes: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
2 of 2 < >

MECF TEMPORARY MAINTENANCE SHUT DOWN

STARTING 4:00 PM (PST), Monday, January 6th: Heads Up Please of Scheduled Maintenance!!!! Unlike past notices when our software company said MECF would be shut down less than one hour, they have said that our forum COULD have a two hour shut down. Thank you very much for your understanding.
See more
See less

When Corvette Entered your life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love all these stories.

Nothing fancy about mine...

July 18th, 2019.
    Torch Red, 2LT, Z51, Q8T, AH2, TU7, FE4, J6N

Comment

Some of you may have noticed that I have spent many years in racing. Of course, my first contact with Corvette was when I was 14 years old. By myself, some time around1962 or so, I went to my first SCCA road race at Candlestick Park in San Francisco. The racing was in the huge parking lot of the stadium.You had to walk up a hill later called Cartiac hill, to see the parking lot and the racers. First image I saw was 2 Corvettes being passed by Alan Grant in a Cobra (sorry, corvette guys) that moment changed the direction of my life big time.

Comment

The year was 1963. I was 9 years old. My father took me to a car show in Kansas City, MO. Saw the brand new '63 Split Window Coupe. I was hooked from that point. My first Vette was a red '76, 4 speed manual with Saddle interior. A gift to myself after graduating from West Point. Since then I've had four others. My last was a '03 Z06. Can't wait to get my C8. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	102
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	86176

Comment

I have wanted a Corvette since I was very young. In 2010 at the age of 52 I retired from my job and ordered myself a torch red Grand Sport as a retirement gift. One of the happiest days of my life other than family events was the day I drove that beauty off the lot. I drove that car for four years and traded it in December of 2014 for a Museum delivery shark gray Z06/Z07. Two weeks ago I ordered my black, fully loaded C8. I just may hang onto the C7 as well when the C8 arrives. There's no such thing as too many Corvettes right?

Comment

I was about 9 years old, riding in the back seat of my parents car, when I spotted a black '62 going the opposite direction. Nearly twisted my head off trying to turn fast enough to get a closer look at it! That car was new then and the most beautiful car I'd ever seen. After high school several of my friends bought used C1's an 2's as their daily drivers, not knowing what the cars would be worth in the future, modified the motors and suspension. But hanging out with them and riding and occasionally driving one of these fabulous cars only cemented my desire for one. Thirty years ago, I became the proud owner of a '62! Love the car, still can't believe the attention it gets on the street and every stop light or gas station visit becomes a conversation. Watching the development of the Corvette over the years, has had some disappointments but some real innovation a s well. The C8 really did it for me.
            Finally, mid engine. Sad part is the '62 has to go. No room to store or the time to tinker with. Older now and crawling around the '62 isn't as easy as it used to be! My wife is on board for the C8. (She never cared for the windy ride and lack of creature comforts.) Hopefully the old girl will sell to a new enthusiast and we'll be cruisin' in comfort and still Corvette lovers!

Comment

1. When I was 16, my friend came by to give me a ride in his newly acquired 1958 stripped down rat rod 'vert. It was loud and quick. Needless to say, he was a rich kid and I was not.
              C8er

Comment

Post by Rick M (inadvertently deleted not by Rick). Thanks Rick for your following earlier post.

Originally posted by Rick M
                1982, I was 19 working in a pizzeria P/T and going to school, one of the customers had a 1972 LT1. I told him I wanted to get one and he said not to buy nothing until he looked at it. The first one I saw I would have bought, I brought him and he pointed out that it was not the right motor. He was totally into originality. After looking and driving all over the state at about 15 cars (all with the set up i wanted, 4 speed, T-Top, A/C) and never getting the nod from him, I was ready to give up and buy a Trans-AM. Then one day I decided to give it one last shot, the new Auto Trader Magazine came out and posted the exact set up I wanted. Went to the house with low expectations from being let down so many times. The owner said it was in the garage. He opened the door and rolled the car cover off and there was the car of my dreams. Steel City Grey, T-Tops, 350, A/C I told him I'll be back in 1 hour with a friend. My buddy drove it and said what ever he wants give it to him. I think he was asking $7,500, got if for $6,800 Drove if for 4 years and sold it for $9,200 to buy my first Flip House. Told the buyer I may want to but it back one day, If I ever decided to go back down that road, I would prefer a 68-71, preferably 70/71 LT1. The horsepower got beat up in 72. Well that story was almost 40 years ago and now I'm ordering a C8. Have not spoken to that great guy that drove all over the state for me in a long time but once I get the C8 I will reach out to him.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thanks Rick. That must have been one fun TA when you were 19+.
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I was 19 and had just started in what turned out to be my career job for the next 33 years as a firefighter. One of the Captains had a torch red 68 Vert that was in mint condition and still under the 5 year warranty. I purchased it from him and drove it for the next 5 years until I got engaged. My fiancée and I were looking for a place to live and came across a great deal on a new home, except I didn’t have the savings for the down payment. I sold the Vert for just enough money for our down payment. My wife promised me we would replace that Corvette some day. Nine years later I came across an opportunity to buy and flip a 70 T-top. I drove it for a few months before selling it. The C4s, C5’s, and C6’s came but none of them excited me. Then the C7 came along and I was ready. We purchased a 14 Vert and have loved every minute of owning it. The C8 fulfills another dream of mine, owning a mid engine sports car. Can’t wait.

Comment

My next door neighbor was older by quite a bit and a beautiful high school cheerleader. She started dating a guy that drove a 67 Marina blue big block coupe. It was love at first site ( Sherry and the 67 coupe ) I bought my first Corvette when I was 19 years old and in college. It was a 71 T-Top car. Then I bought a 74 Corvette convertible. Great cars but neither scratched the itch. I had to have a 67 coupe. I got in touch with Bill Mock, out of Bartlesville, OK. He looked for quite awhile and finally found my car. A red/black 67 coupe, 30K miles, bolt-on wheels, auto, AC all power car. I loved it. Bill tried to talk me out of buying the coupe. He had a 67 air/auto 427/400HP convertible he told me I should buy instead. I told him I was scared it wouldn't scratch the itch. Outsmarted myself pretty badly with that decision. I kept that car for 15 years and only sold it( for 3+ times what I paid for it ) when I started my business.

Comment

1963 split window coupe. I was 18 and my uncle was a chevy dealer. He was an ex P51 pilot and loved anything that went fast. He would let me take it for the day once in a while. That got me started buying and building hot rods. I never thought about a vette until the C8. That car took my breath away. It made all my other cars look old fashioned. Now I wait with my other Macmulkin consignees. It's gonna be a great summer !

Comment

My 22nd Birthday in 1998. Walked into a local small dealer called the Chev Connection in Portland. It was just him and one other guy that ran the place. I had bought I Syclone from him in the past. He had a 89' black/black/black 6 speed Vert with some huge exhaust pipes out of the back. Love at first sight. Lol. Bought it on the spot and traded a year later for a C5. Can't wait to grab this C8.

Comment

First one I remember seeing was mid 1960's - neighbor had a modified C2 drag racer that was also "streetable".

First ride was 1976 in a 1972 with a 454.

First drive was Chevy's "Ride of a Lifetime" in July 1998.

First purchase was July 1998 - a Torch Red C5

Obviously, the Ride of Lifetime was a successful launch event for Chevy!

Comment

1953. My dad bought s/n 4 brand new.

Comment

Growing up in the 70s, I loved the C3’s as my fave at that time. When I was 17, I started dating a girl who’s parents were into auto crossing, dad had a white 65 and mom had a yellow 73. They called their cars Tweety and Sylvester. We didn’t last but my love for Corvettes certainly did.

when I was in college, I managed to scrape together enough coin to buy a 74 4speed convertible and was hooked. (Someday I plan to buy another c3.) I was never crazy about the C4s, but when the C5’s came out, OMG! I managed to own several even while raising our family by buying low mileage used base and a z06.

**** near pulled the trigger on a C7 z06, but the rumors of a ME started circulating. By this point all the sports cars were gone and all that was left were the dailies, so I decided to wait For the C8 which will be my first new Corvette!
                                Last edited by LightningBolt; 12-04-2019, 08:52 PM.
                                TPW 2-Mar

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X