MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Official C8 Build and Price, Visualizer, Pricing, and Ordering Information

Coupe/HTC Build & Price: https://www.chevrolet.com/performanc...d-price/config
GM’s C8 Info Site: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
C8 Order Guide 1/17 Changes: https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NA...D=21905&type=0
Visualize Your C8:https://visualizer.chevrolet.com/ui?...US&channel=b2c
Also please look at our stickies in each of the four major C8 sections
2 of 2 < >

MECF TEMPORARY MAINTENANCE SHUT DOWN

STARTING 4:00 PM (PST), Monday, January 6th: Heads Up Please of Scheduled Maintenance!!!! Unlike past notices when our software company said MECF would be shut down less than one hour, they have said that our forum COULD have a two hour shut down. Thank you very much for your understanding.
See more
See less

When Corvette Entered your life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Corvette Entered your life?

Do people remember when Corvettes first entered their lives?

For me it is quite easy to remember as I grew up in South Africa and American cars were few and far between. My first contact was when a neighbors father acquired a used 63 Split window (must have been around 1972). The car was in pretty rough shape and he would leave it parked on his front lawn and I remember climbing through it as a kid. Don't remember it making much of an impression on me at the time. I remember more vividly visiting the US in the mid 70s and being more interested in looking out of our tour bus for Corvettes than anything else. The final nail in the coffin for me was the December 1978 Car and Driver Magazine with a red Corvette in it.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/g2...vers/?slide=16

From there resistance was futile

My C8 will be my 9th Corvette and the second time I have had two Corvettes at the same time. I am planning to keep my 2017 Grand Sport Convertible Corvette for ever. Last of the front engines 👍

Love to hear other people's introduction and addiction to Corvette.
    Last edited by Dumbell2; 08-29-2019, 08:13 PM.

They tell me when I was 10 all I said is I want a vette.My first on a new 1966 350-350hp.I have owned about 20 w/ a C8 ordered.

Comment

Back in 1958, when I was 11 years old, I hung out with my older cousins and their friends who were car guys. One of the friends had a 58 Vette, and took my for a spirited ride in a rural area. I was hooked.

In 1966, I was 19 years old and going to an affordable commuter college, living at home. I sold everything I owned and bought a bright red 1964 Corvette convertible with every penny I had. It was funny, a kid driving a two year old like new Corvette, usually with only $5 in his pocket for a tank of gas. I drove that car for 200K miles, selling it 13 years later. Got the bug again with the C7 and the present ride is a 2015 Z51 convertible

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Cadle View Post
        They tell me when I was 10 all I said is I want a vette.My first on a new 1966 350-350hp.I have owned about 20 w/ a C8 ordered.
        Very nice! Thank you for your story.

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
          Back in 1958, when I was 11 years old, I hung out with my older cousins and their friends who were car guys. One of the friends had a 58 Vette, and took my for a spirited ride in a rural area. I was hooked.

In 1966, I was 19 years old and going to an affordable commuter college, living at home. I sold everything I owned and bought a bright red 1964 Corvette convertible with every penny I had. It was funny, a kid driving a two year old like new Corvette, usually with only $5 in his pocket for a tank of gas. I drove that car for 200K miles, selling it 13 years later. Got the bug again with the C7 and the present ride is a 2015 Z51 convertible
          200k with one Corvette. That is loyalty for you 👍

Comment

I was 17 years old and had just started my first year in college. Talked my dad into buying a used Silver '59 FI for $1500. Guess he was smarter than I was, living in Wisconsin, that car wouldn't start all winter so I had nothing left to do but study.

Comment

My dad was really into cars..... Getting a brand new one every 2 or 3 years was an 'event' around our house. I remember him taking me to the GM Building in downtown Detroit in 1953 and seeing this experimental white plastic 2 seater. It was love at first sight for me but he really wasn't that impressed. He said at 6'-2" tall and wearing size 13's, he just wouldn't fit. He was much more impressed with the Buick Skylark. He ended up getting a maroon 1954 hardtop version the next year.

I got my first one in late 1967.... it was a new '68 'vert'. What a piece of ****, but it was a Corvette, so I tolerated all of its shortcomings. We've had Corvettes ever since with only one break while I was paying college tuition for our daughter. I've waited a looong time for this ME!

Comment

I had graduated high school early and had a banging hottie girlfriend whose dad was connected and she and I cruised in her red c3 L82 coupe...I loved that beautiful girl and her corvette... sadly she passed away about 20 years ago of cancer at way to early an age...

still my memories of being a young college student with this hot babe and hot corvette still makes me smile.
                Torch Red exterior/ black interior z51 FE4 2LT or 1LT depending on when i get the call..Ill flip a coin at that moment..same for E60

Comment

My father started working a second job in the ‘70s to be able to buy his 1978 Corvette. I was 8 when he bought it. I remember many weekends when we were under the car changing oil, brakes, whatever. I remembering laying in the hatch while we drove when there was no free seat (can’t do that anymore!! 😁). When I was 18, he let me take it to my high school graduation. Really great memories with that car.
                  2020 C8 | Torch Red | Z51 | 3LT | Adrenaline Red | Carbon | Comp Seats | Ground Effects | High Wing ... on order
                  2016 Porsche GT4 | Black everything ... sold
                  2016 BMW M2 | Blue | MT ... sold
                  2014 C7 | Torch Red | Z51 | 2LT ... sold

Comment

I still have vivid memories from 1954 as 12 year old walking around the first VETTE I had ever seen. A Polo White/ Red Interior 1954 totally unobtainable vision. 20 years later when I was able to buy my first,a used C3 to now with a loaded C8 on order I can’t help but think of that first sighting and how lucky I’ve been.

Comment

Rode in a ‘63 split, 340 HP, factory air, factory 4 speed, three weeks old but just been finished being broken in (a ride I literally will never forget), Sebring Silver with the Red interior. Started my obsession, but did not get our first (family came first) until 35 years later.

Well worth the wait; now fully adddicted!
                      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5ZZ high wing; 5VM vis CF ground effects pkg; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards. Separately getting from my dealer RCC Edge Red engine cover, 5JR vis CF mirror caps, and VJR illuminated sill plates.

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of National Corvette Museum.

Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I was 21 and traded my 1969 Oldsmobile 442 for my first Corvette - a 1969 L89. Now on my 6th a 2017 Grand Sport.
                        Last edited by BMBLBEE; 08-30-2019, 08:27 AM.
                        1969 Orange L89 Coupe - enjoyed it for 3 years then traded to:
                        1972 Yellow Convert with removable HT - enjoyed it for 4 years and joined by:
                        1976 Orange Coupe - didn't use it much and sold after 12 years
                        2000 Yellow Convertible - new C5 caught my attention and loved it for 15 years
                        2015 Silver Z51 Convertible - replaced C5 with C7 then traded for GS after 2 years
                        2017 Torch Red Grand Sport Convertible - still here and LOVING it

Comment

In high school in '64 my busy executive father asked me what kind of cars he should buy for my mom and himself, as I was always studying about and loving cars. He took my advise and bought a new Chevy SS coupe and a new Corvette coupe. Good news for me, to say the least, as he also had a company car. So, as long as I took excellent care of both Chevy's I could drive the Corvette most of the time. Five years later, they had moved to the West Coast and I bought it back from them. Loved it, loved it, loved it! Luckily my new wife did also, but decided to sell with new baby and new business to tend to. Bought new Corvettes in '77 and '78, but they were such poor quality that I sold them both and didn't care for the C3's, C4's, and C5's that followed.

The C7 was good enough to re-ignite the old flame I had so many years ago. Bought '14 and '15 Z51 coupes and a '13 427 Anniversary roadster, all of which were super! Now in my 70's I decided to sell them and just drive nice SUVs. But then Chevy had to go and introduce this amazing new car. Soooooo...after examining the car in the stunning new Zeus Bronze at Road America, I have one on order...one more time. I sure hope it turns out to be as good as they claim!!
                          Last edited by George; 08-30-2019, 09:04 AM.
                          Recently sold:
                          Shark Grey '15 Z51 Coupe : White / Blue Diamond '13 427 60th roadster ( really miss the 'stripe delete' 427 )

Status 1100 - 7th Corvette... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels

Comment

When I was about 10, there was 1959 in the garage close to my friends house that I had admired. Just looking at the Red car and its speedometer and dash cluster I knew it was special and extremely cool. When I was 18, I saw an ad for a 1968 corvette down the street for $1800, marina blue with bright blue interior std small block but a corvette. Definitely a project car but fully operational. That was my first... restored it and traded for a 1966 L72 coupe when I was 25!
                            Last edited by jsmatt; 08-30-2019, 10:12 AM.
                            Proud owner of
                            1966 Ermine White/White Blue Interior L72 Coupe
                            2013 Artic White/Diamond Blue Interior LS7 Convertible

Comment

This is a weird story. I can remember back as a wee one that my parents love to drag me along on their weekend trips to antique shops and "flea markets". I was on vacation with my grandparents and when I returned home my mother said "We got something at a flea market I thought you would like". It was radio controlled (with no controller) blue mid-70's Corvette. I was old enough that I didn't really play with toys anymore so it became a decoration in my room. Ever since then, I always thought how nice it would be to actually buy one. Finally did it around 10 years ago when I bought my first one... a 1986 C4 that I still drive. The second was my 15 Z51 Stingray.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X