MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Welcome Ikon Performance As Our Featured Forum Vendor

We are extremely pleased to have the high quality firm of Ikon Performance join us with their C8 exhaust system being their lead C8 product. Ikon is at: http://www.ikonperformance.com/c8-Co...xhaust-system/ Their C8 exhaust is bent, made of 304 stainless, with round exhaust tips and more.
2 of 4 < >

Corvette Today Podcast IS On Now With CorvetteBlogger and Steve Garrett

Steve Garrett and CorvetteBlogger Keith Cornett examine “Corvette Headlines & News” for mid-September 2020. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...rftb Included in this episode are: The Corvette Visualizer for 2021 is now online; The National Corvette Museum raffles off the 1.75 millionth Corvette; Electric, all-wheel drive Corvette possibly coming out in 2023;Country Music star George Jones’ Corvette gets donated to the NCM;.....and more!Stay current on what's going on in the world of Corvette with this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
3 of 4 < >

FOLLOW THIS FORUM RULE!

All shall follow this forum rule:

“11. Do not post URL links to any product or service that is offered by a forum vendor. Exception: If the product or service you wish to link is one that you know is not offered by a forum supporting vendor, you may post that link. Examples of the latter could include tools, common products like duct/electrical tape, motor oil, and/or providers of specialized upgrade, maintenance or repair services.”

You may use a non forum business name, posting such as, “I buy at Joe’s” but again may not post a link to nor a URL of Joe’s.
See more
See less

Please post your worse pictures here ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please post your worse pictures here ..

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	782.0 KB ID:	5757 Here's mine and still waiting to get it back since March 17 ....
    Last edited by Ssscooter66; 08-23-2018, 10:34 AM. Reason: With a HOLE in the block ...
    A thought if I might ...

Hoping Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2421.PNG
Views:	8
Size:	322.6 KB
ID:	5761 this will be done soon ....
    A thought if I might ...

Comment

What an ugly beginning, but at least some good progress. Here’s to your getting back to motoring soon!
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Keeping my fingers crossed that he has it done this weekend ..
        The piston is actually broke into 4 pieces being held tomorrow with the rings. Oh well, I've got something else now for garage art ..... LoL ...
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7593.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.66 MB ID:	5840
        Last edited by Ssscooter66; 08-24-2018, 07:49 AM.
        A thought if I might ...

Comment

As we all. More than time for you to be driving and enjoying again!!!
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Ssscooter66 View Post
            Click image for larger version Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	782.0 KB ID:	5757 Here's mine and still waiting to get it back since March 17 ....
            Ouch. That's painful to look at.

What's the back story on the failure? Lean condition? Broken valve spring? Dropped valve?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2427.PNG
Views:	36
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	5943 I was told by the shop it's because of a valve dropped , 1500 miles after they installed performance heads/tuning . Seems to much of a coincident to me . The car is currently at another shop getting a completely new engine 427 built & I'll find out what he thinks the cause was ...
              Last edited by Ssscooter66; 08-24-2018, 11:57 PM.
              A thought if I might ...

Comment

Ouch. Please keep us updated as this further unfolds.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                Working...
                X