MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Product Featuring Doug Fehan On Now

Learn Everything About Corvette Racing From THE Product Manager, Doug Fehan!_If you are a Corvette fan, you have to be interested in Corvette Racing! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...g-Fehan-ejpu64 Steve Garrett learns just about everything there is to know about Corvette Racing for THE man who heads up Corvette Racing....Doug Fehan. Doug traces the origins of the race program from its beginnings all the way up to present day.  Fehan talks about the new mid-engine C8.R race car and its differences from the C7.R.  Doug outlines the races Corvette Racing participates in during a typical year and why they did not go to Le Mans this year.  Learn about the passionate race fans and the driver's relationship with them. Doug's energy, enthusiasm and passion come out bold and proud in this fantastic episode of CORVETTE TODAY!
See more
See less

Shadow Gray Begins Production Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow Gray Begins Production Today

Thanks to CorvetteBlogger, we have learned that today is Day 1 for Shadow Gray production. Those who love this color but waiting for the 2020 Corvettes, note that it is a very, very high probability that it will be again offered next year on both FE’s and ME’s.

Originally posted by CorvetteBlogger
    Shadow Gray Enters 2019 Corvette Production Today

By
    Keith Cornett
    -
    Aug 6, 2018
    Save
    Shadow Gray Enters 2019 Corvette Production Today
    Photo Credit: Nate Chandler / Van Bortel Corvettes

Shadow Gray, the first of two new colors for 2019 Corvettes, officially starts production today.

Shadow Gray (PRO GJI) and Elkhart Lake Blue (RPO G7Q) were announced as new colorspreviously this year at the NCM Bash in April. The new colors are replacing Watkins Glen Gray and Admiral Blue.

Back at the Bash, several painted panels were shown off. To us, the new Shadow Gray appears to have blue undertones, and will probably compare favorably to the popular Cyber Gray found on late C6s and early C7s.

Although unconfirmed, many of us believe the 2019 Corvette ZR1 show car originally displayed at the LA Auto Show was painted in Shadow Gray. More recently, our friend Nate Chandler of Van Bortel Chevrolet says a Chevy rep confirmed the Shadow Gray exterior on the Corvette ZR1 featured in the Corvette performance display at Lime Rock Park.

Hopefully, we’ll be able to see the new Shadow Gray color on a new 2019 Corvette at Corvettes at Carlisle later this month. Then the real comparisons will be able to be made.

And speaking of Admiral Blue, the dark blue color will officially end production a week from today on August 13th. You will be able to start ordering Elkhart Lake Blue on August 30th, with the first day of production scheduled for October 1st.
    http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2018/...duction-today/

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Wonder if they actually produced Shadow Gray last week? Wish someone at the plant would take pictures.

Comment

If an employee at the Plant took a picture, they would be in trouble.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

John, please help me out here...you know I have a few red cars...I can’t help but think a silver or grey ME would look great...I am wondering what the history is with corvettes and racing stripes etc...I think some sort of stripe treatment at the lower rocker panel level or center stripe might look interesting...what are your thoughts
        3lt SOT...cf racing stripe,front lift.mag ride, z51,cf mirrors & spoiler,bright trident wheels,yellow calipers, yellow stitching black leather ,yellow belts,

Comment

Sorry but I am the last person when it comes to aesthetics. My “D” in 4th grade art confirms that.

However, as you asked, I love red and black combination, red and silver combo, and red and gray combinations. To me, all three work really well.

Comment

I know they can't take photo in the plant, but still wishing we would see the car in the new color soon.

Comment

Sorry but more bad news, that Mike Furman, who will be at Carlisle, inquired and was told that no Shadow Gray would be part of its display there. However, GM often brings lots of staff to the event, many who drive corporate Corvettes, so if I were you and there at Carlisle, I would walk up to Harlan and ask him if any other GM person there bought a Shark Gray with them to the event. You hopefully would get the answer you are wanting.

Comment

I think John meant Shadow Gray in the above post. Those late nights might be getting to him..

Shadow Gray kind of reminds me of Lyndale Blue from 67..Would have to see it in person to confirm.
                Doug...2017 GS Black Rose convertible

Comment

Mike Furman has a shadow gray on the lot already, they must have started production earlier than we thought.

Comment

I loved that color on the “frog” sample (yes that is what they really call those small, sort of like a car mounds, paint samples) and the full fender they had at the April Bash, and wow, it looks stupendous on a whole car. BTW, it looks identical to the frog and the fender we saw there.

Comment

Originally posted by djnice View Post
                      I know they can't take photo in the plant, but still wishing we would see the car in the new color soon.
                      If you follow Corvette Furman on facebook, he has pictures of the entire car in Shadow Gray.

https://www.facebook.com/corvettefurman/

Comment

This is great to see. I like it.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X