C7 Sales Doing Fairly Well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C7 Sales Doing Fairly Well

We were pleased to see that in the second quarter of this year, that C7’s sales were slightly over the first quarter’s. Thanks to CorvetteBlogger for the full story.

Originally posted by CorvetteBlogger
    General Motors Sells 5,788 Corvettes in the Second Quarter of 2019

By
    Keith Cornett
    -
    Jul 2, 2019
    General Motors Sells 5,788 Corvettes in the Second Quarter of 2019

General Motors posted the 2nd quarter sales results for 2019 and we are actually seeing a gain in sales over last year’s total. Not by much, but it’s a positive number and we are good with that!

During the months of April-June, Chevrolet sold 5,788 new Corvettes. That’s a 0.1% increase over the 5,758 Corvettes sold during the 2nd quarter of 2018. For the calendar year to date, Chevrolet has sold 9,731 new Corvettes which is down 5% from the 10,242 Corvettes sold during the same time period in 2018.

As expected, better weather and new incentives that started during the 2nd quarter helped the automaker in reducing dealership inventories. Our last report shows around 7,000 Corvettes on dealership lots which are down from the 9,000+ at the beginning of the year.

The plant is currently closed as the annual two-week summer shutdown is now in progress. When production restarts on July 7th, we expect to plant to continue with C7 Corvettes through mid-September before C7 production finally wraps up.

Chevrolet still has the same $3,000 loyalty bonus for current Corvette owners in place. You must take delivery by 7/31/19. See your dealers for details.

Our Corvette sales archives will next be updated in October 2019 with the release of the GM’s official 3rd Quarter Corvette sales numbers.

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2019...arter-of-2019/

BGA is currently shutdown for its typical two week summer vacation. Production continues at least through Friday, September 13th (seen from GM’s official scheduling documents). Might it continue a couple of more weeks after that. Either way, as 2019 production began Jan. 29, 2018, the 2019 model year is one of the longest Corvette model years ever.

Of course after C7 production ends, BGA goes through a generational update closure. That is estimated at being roughly two months long (but that timing is yet to be GM verified).

And we all know what is going to be made as soon as the Plant’s upgrade conversion process is over.

Last edited by John; 07-03-2019, 07:19 PM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

It really doesn't surprise me that Corvette sales are better than expected. I have felt that the announcement of a totally new Corvette and the great prices offered that this is the time to buy the current best Corvette (C7) ever built and the last FE. With some rumors making some believe that the C8 may be out of their price range, the C7 is a bargain at these prices. At pre reveal of the C7 the C6 prices dropped in the new and slightly used , then there was a small increase in the C6s as Dealer inventories were no more. I do feel that the C7 values may be down due to the incentives on new C7s, BUT, I think there will be a slightly more noticeable increase of value in the C7s post launch of the C8 as compared to the C6s after launch of the C7. Most of us are anxious to get into a C8 BUT, we will pay for it if trading in a late model C7.

Comment

Excellent information. The c7 is an amazing prodict especially if you take into account the various incentives.

good to see and hear the corvette is still selling well even as we stand at two weeks today for the c8 reveal.

Comment

Thanks John,
        The C7 is a bargain in all 4 variations. With the current incentives it’s hard not to look at a new one and want to buy one. I have been tempted but I am going to be patient and wait for my new C8.

14 more days!
        Vette's owned: 99 Sebring Silver Convert - 10yrs, 2008 Crystal Red Convert,w/cam, longtubes and Vortech supercharger. C8 VIN 00336 built on 2/10/20 - Delivered 3/18/20 C8 Spec: Torch Red 2LT, Z51, FE4, E60, CF7, FA5, AH2, HUL, J6E, TU7, 3F9, Q8P, 5ZU, R8C

Comment

There will still be about 7,000 brand new C7’s available on July 19th and onward for those who see the C8 and do not find it their cup of tea.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

My part time neighbors went to look at a c7. The wife likes sports cars, and manual gearboxes. The fact that the manual gearbox is going away caused her be very interested in buying one. But her husband, who is a real PITA (and I don't mean a Middle Eastern flatbread. It starts with "Pain In") didn't like it, because he thought the passenger side leg room was too restrictive. Maybe Bob Lutz had him in mind for the SUV Corvette.

Comment

MacMulkin has over 500 C7's in stock and was ordering another 100+ this week (according to one of their salesman there last weekend). With Kerbeck and MacMulkin having that volume I wonder what percentage of the 7000 units sit on the top 10 lots. 90%? ****! Do the top 10 dealers continue to add inventory to increase their allocation for the C8? PS: Kudos for those doing the new car at MSRP. When the C7 dropped, I called Clay Chevrolet in MA and asked if they would be doing the new Stingray at MSRP. The sales guy laughed at me. I said, you know the big guys are right? He laughed again. He called me back after the reveal and said "Yeah, we'll do that car at MSRP". That was my chance to laugh. Happy 4th everyone. 14 days!!!

Comment

Thanks foreignbishop! Good recounting of what again could well happen at many dealerships.

The top dealers are ordering because they know the C7 demand will be there for a while. They however, already have been told their first year allocations, and these “late orders” are not going to be increase their monthly C8 consensus allocations.

Comment

I really think that there are people at the low volume dealers who have no clue of the allocation system. As a result, when it is hard for them to get a car, they misinterpret that as there being a gigantic demand with insufficient supply They don't seem to understand that there are all the cars anyone could possibly want at the top volume dealers.

Comment

There are some super smart big dealers who used to be baby dealers.

In 1997 when Tommy Thomson first became a salesperson at MacMulkin, they had sold 3 Corvettes the previous year — and Corvettes were not a separate operation. Four years later Tommy went to his Dad, who owned/still owns MacMulkin Cadillac/Chevrolet, with a super ambitious Corvette growth plan. His Dad bought into that plan, made Tommy the head of Corvette sales, but warned Tommy right then, “if this idea of yours doesn’t work, the fact that you are my son will not save you — for this is a business operation.”

Another super success story is Mike Furman. He transformed Criswell from being a medium sized Corvette shop to now being # 3. When I first met Mike five years ago, it was not then even in the top five Corvette dealerships.

It takes smarts, integrity, understanding sales in the internet world we live in, and incredible people skills.

I am privileged to call both of them a personal friend!

Comment

Mike learned the ropes at Konner Chevrolet in Paramus NJ. They were the number 1 Corvette dealer back in the day. Then, they sold the dealership, and the new owners had no interest in selling Corvettes. Which made no sense. You don't buy a going business, and then go out of its most successful line of business.

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                        Mike learned the ropes at Konner Chevrolet in Paramus NJ. They were the number 1 Corvette dealer back in the day. Then, they sold the dealership, and the new owners had no interest in selling Corvettes. Which made no sense. You don't buy a going business, and then go out of its most successful line of business.
                        100% Correct. When Gary Konner sold out he made them an offer to stay on as Corvette Mgr. They passed and the rest is history.

mike

Comment

The best always land on their feet, though sometimes those transitions are not easy nor fun.

Comment

Originally posted by foreignbishop View Post
                            MacMulkin has over 500 C7's in stock and was ordering another 100+ this week (according to one of their salesman there last weekend). With Kerbeck and MacMulkin having that volume I wonder what percentage of the 7000 units sit on the top 10 lots. 90%? ****! Do the top 10 dealers continue to add inventory to increase their allocation for the C8? PS: Kudos for those doing the new car at MSRP. When the C7 dropped, I called Clay Chevrolet in MA and asked if they would be doing the new Stingray at MSRP. The sales guy laughed at me. I said, you know the big guys are right? He laughed again. He called me back after the reveal and said "Yeah, we'll do that car at MSRP". That was my chance to laugh. Happy 4th everyone. 14 days!!!
                            Kerbeck inventory is pretty small I look at weekly no where near 500.

Comment

Re the concept that dealers are continuing to now order more C7’s to increase their C8 allocation, that ship has long left the port, i.e., C8 allocations were decided based on a past ordering ending date (which all dealers were then aware of).

Dealers are ordering C7 now to sell them in the future.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X