C7 Z06 and the A8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C7 Z06 and the A8

Anyone get the low viscosity fluid change. I had mine done at the dealer and bingo the A8 has become 1 VERY sweet tranny. The slow shifts with part throttle are gone. no shutter and the car shifts quick and drives perfect at all times. Actually love my A8 teamed with 800 hp! Been driving it more than the M7 which I didn't think would happen.

That is excellent news. Thanks for sharing it. The A8 is a very interesting tranny. From watching it closely from forum posts (many diff ones on diff sites), and talking to some real insiders, the trans has been outstanding for way over 98% of its users. All of my friends have had not one issue with it. However, a small minority has had not just one issue with issue, but sometimes several, e..g, with one person I know even having a couple of GM complete trans replacements (under warranty).

Even GM has issued a coupled of TSB’s on it, has been constantly looking for the final solution for all.

So glad 3 Z06ZR1 that yours is now working well. That is great news indeed. Hopefully GM has found the final solution for every one, that the 98% will become 100%!
    Last edited by John; 05-14-2019, 02:31 PM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

It is an outstanding tranny that gets a bad rap. Mine has none the issues some seem to have. Better than expected smooth and quick shifts at all times. Much improved over a 2008 A6 I test drove years ago.

Comment

I had a little shudder in mine. Had flush and refill done. Good so far but if I’m not mistaken there is now an even newer fluid. May pursue that.
        There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
        2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
        79 coupe Silver/oyster
        All one owner
        Museum lifetime members

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Z06ZR1 View Post
          It is an outstanding tranny that gets a bad rap. Mine has none the issues some seem to have. Better than expected smooth and quick shifts at all times. Much improved over a 2008 A6 I test drove years ago.
          Very strange about the C7’s A8, that way over 95% have a flawless trans, yet the remaining ones can sometimes have an issue, and an even smaller number, have a repeat issue.

I have three friends with the A8, and all of theirs has been without the tinniest hiccup. They love it!
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
          Working...
          X