Corvettes Kept 2nd Longest Of All Vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corvettes Kept 2nd Longest Of All Vehicles

Of all sports cars, the Corvette is the one kept the longest, even second longest amount of every vehicle. Thank you CorvetteBlogger for teaching us this.

Originally posted by CorvetteBlogger
    Corvette Is Second Among Vehicles That People Keep The Longest (By Mitch Talley)
    Aug 6, 2018

STUDY: Corvette is Second Among Vehicles that People Keep the Longest

It should come as no surprise to most readers of this website that Corvette owners love their cars so much that they often keep them for years.

Now a study just released by iSeeCars.com confirms that belief.

In fact, the Chevrolet Corvette ranks second on the list of new passenger vehicles whose drivers keep them the longest, with the average years of ownership for the Corvette being 9.0 years.

Another Chevy, the Suburban, ranks seventh on the list with an average of 8.4 years of ownership.

To get their results, iSeeCars.com analyzed more than 6 million 5-year-old or older used cars sold by their original owners between Jan. 1, 2013 and Dec. 31, 2017. Models which were owned for less than 5 years were excluded from the analysis, to eliminate the effect of short lease terms on the data. Models that were in production for less than 9 of the 10 most recent model years (2009 to 2018), heavy-duty trucks and vans, and models with two standard errors of the mean greater than +/- 1 month, were also excluded from the analysis. The average age of each model was calculated using the ages of cars when they were first listed for sale.

iSeeCars CEO Phong Ly said many factors could contribute to a car’s ownership longevity such as its function as shown by the dominance of family vehicles on the list, including the No. 1 ranked Ford Expedition at 9.0 years. (We’re not sure why it wasn’t tied with the Corvette since both are listed at 9.0 years, but we’re assuming that the Ford held a microscopic advantage.)

Besides the practicality of an SUV, another reason for holding onto a vehicle could be more emotional – say “a fondness of a timeless classic like the Chevrolet Corvette,” Ly said.

The Corvette, by the way, was the only sports car to make the list.

“Sports cars tend to not be primary vehicles,” Ly explained, “which is why owners might hold on to them longer than the average car since they are not subjected to as much wear and tear.”

Source:
    iseecars.com via carscoops.com
    http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2018/...erm=2018-08-06

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Interesting piece. And I believe it. One of mine I bought new 8 years ago and still have it, with no intention of getting rid of it (in fact my youngest son has laid claim to it LOL).

What really stood out to me - - Corvette is the only sports car on the list.

Comment

I definitely drag that average down..... a lot lol

Comment

I've had three new Corvettes.

2001 sold in 2007 - 6 years
        2007 traded in 2016 - 9 years
        2016 still have it - 2.5 years and hope to keep it forever
        1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
        2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

The corvettes are so good, such great performers, so clearly beautiful in design..

they dont age like most other vehicles in the marketplace.

gms 300k mile validation process really makes these vehicles bulletproof in so many ways..

when modded your on your own but basically stock corvettes are surprisingly reliable and durable products.

its one of the many features i enjoy about my third new corvette. This one ive pu 124k trouble free miles..

a tune, a short throw shifter, an air intake, some bilsteins some interior mods like a nice thick D shaoed steering wheel and some soft leather touch points..maybe some19/20inch rims..

just gas and go..

serves us owners quite well.

why sell?

as it sits this basically stock vehicle accelerates to sixty in four seconds, pulls 1.0 lateral cornering g ‘s, tops out a 190 mph, has an open roof, gets 16 to 27 mpg...costs me 750 a year to insure as a primary whicle..in the insurance crazy state of NJ since new....has a manual short throw shifter...and a nice growl from the NPP exhaust when i want it..

i still get tons of thumbs up and beautiful women tell me they like my car with huge smiles...

life is good..

its only this c8 rear mid engine thats been rumored for decades making not buying a new corvette a tortureous path..

dont get me wrong the c7 and c7 grand sport and Z06 are awesome in their evolution as well..its just each generation of corvette is so advanced for their time.. These cars dont age and get discarded as many would expect.
          Last edited by JB; 08-15-2018, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Glad that your Corvette has been super reliable. Agreed that Corvettes are overall very stout. The highest recorded mileage Corvette has over 770,000 miles on its original engine. It has been donated to, now resides at the National Corvette Museum.
            Last edited by John; 08-14-2018, 11:21 PM.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 22 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X