Adnimation ATF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C5 Z06 Tires

My 2004 Z06 needs tires due to age. Does anyone have an opinion of the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 on a C5 Z06?

The current rears came from the previous owner and are 12 year old Toyos. I put Bridgestone Potenzas on the front when I bought it in 2012.
    1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
    2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

I would recommend you call Luke Pavlick at TireRack. He is, IMO, the # 1 person for all Corvettes’ tires. He is a straight shooter, asks you what is your intended usage patterns and then will make a recommendation. If you do not mind, please mention me as the person who referred you and that you are a member of this forum. He is truly the best and the smartest there, so if he is busy, I would repeat dial periodically at:

(800) 428-8355; ext. 4362

I have bought Corvette tires and tires for my DD’s from Luke based on his recommendations and always been very pleased with those tires.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thanks John.

I am probably going to go with my local Discount Tire. They gave me a good deal when I needed tires for my 66 and were very careful when they did the install.

Comment

What I do is to call Luke and find out what is the best tire for my use. Then because Discount Tire is an account of TireRack’s, they can buy from Tire Rack at a great price (have your DT match the TR price). Have done that a couple of times; have conversely had TireRack ship me tires directly too.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

We put a set of Michelin AS 3+ on the front of our 2001 coupe a couple of months ago. Still have the old AS Michelins on the rear. Like them a lot so far but may have a little harsher ride.
          There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
          2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
          79 coupe Silver/oyster
          All one owner
          Museum lifetime members

Comment

Brad- When the original equipment GY's needed to be replaced on my '08, I went with the Michelins. The ride was a bit softer and I liked the handling better.

Comment

I went with the Michelins and they were installed today.

Comment

I was just re-reading my review of them on another site and they were quieter than the GY's too.

good luck with the new shoes.

Comment

Got a chance to drive the car today, dry and wet, and the Michelins are much quieter and handle great.

Comment

What great news, and what a great combination of improvements. Thanks for sharing that great news.

Comment

Tires can sure make a difference not just brand but condition. Replaced the PSS tires on our Z06 that were worn and had gotten out of alignment. They were noisy and I guess I had forgotten how they were new. Car is much quieter now, seems like a different car.
                      There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                      2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                      79 coupe Silver/oyster
                      All one owner
                      Museum lifetime members

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X