Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

Trip down memory lane of Ripper #2 and a farewell to Ripper #4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip down memory lane of Ripper #2 and a farewell to Ripper #4

So yesterday was an amazing day, we did easter service on saturday while it was raining so we could hit the road on sunday. Woke up for breakfast (french toast if you care to know), headed out to cut the grass and as soon as I was done we jumped in the Vette and hit the road.

Followed the path of a day trip we did on a Motorcycle (Ripper #2) about 10 years ago and tried to get some of the same photos with the vette we did on the bike. Well being easter and all, some of the places were closed. But we made the best of it and got some amazing views.

This is my wife of 26 years on our 2007 Honda 919 Hornet (Ripper #2) just about 10 years ago
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2036_zps5663ca24.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	747.3 KB
ID:	33505Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2040_zpsf955cca7.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	721.2 KB
ID:	33506

Now for what is proving to be harder than I thought. In order to do the C8, I'm having to liquidate the C7. Much to my surprise I listed it on CF and it sold in about an hour... I was fully expecting to have a listing like the rest and it would be active for months, giving me the whole summer to enjoy. I guess it's a good thing, free's up funds and I won't have to deal with trying to sell it before the C8 is released. I'm sure values will drop as time goes on too.

Still... I'm sad, this end's up being the last trip ever in the corvette and at the time I didn't know it. One day I'm enjoying it and the next I decide that I'll get a jump on listing it with some of the new photos and it sells almost instantly.

Farewell Ripper #4

Name:	9RYZAyf6Q0Oy03fLVIXVcg.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	2.15 MB
ID:	33501Click image for larger version

Name:	19MbXdHNSCKnUnbZmbAJpA.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	33502

Name:	tzl2oY%nQru8UW7T%%k73w.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	3.40 MB
ID:	33503Click image for larger version

Name:	FXVUc2uVTKW1ZKBddlU7Qg.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	3.72 MB
ID:	33504

I have drone footage too, but I need to clean it up and put it on youtube to share... stay tuned for further details!

For now I leave this tear jerker right here for you.

Great write up and back story!
    2017 TR GS 2LT

Comment

Comment

Thanks Ripper!

​​BIG FUN you shared.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Ripper, excellent video. Congrats on moving to the C8.
          2017 TR GS 2LT

Comment

Car gets picked up tomorrow @ 11:30am

I can't stand to look at it anymore, I'm in serious sellers remorse at the moment!

Comment

So here we are another week gone by with the C7 still in my garage... Was suppose to be picked up last week but was rescheduled for, I don't know what. Now they are suppose to have been here about an hour ago and I'm left sitting in my garage twiddling my thumbs, looking at the car wondering why did it have to sell so quickly, why did I sell it at all?

I've shined it up twice today, because well I personally can't give someone my car in a dirty state. If I have to wait any longer I'll probably start waxing it again.

I've been in possession of the Car, the Title and the money... all without a single piece of paperwork or contract. Good thing I'm not that kind of person who would take advantage of a situation and just keep it all.

Comment

Honesty and integrity is # 1. Good for you Ripper.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripper View Post
                  So here we are another week gone by with the C7 still in my garage... Was suppose to be picked up last week but was rescheduled for, I don't know what. Now they are suppose to have been here about an hour ago and I'm left sitting in my garage twiddling my thumbs, looking at the car wondering why did it have to sell so quickly, why did I sell it at all?

I've shined it up twice today, because well I personally can't give someone my car in a dirty state. If I have to wait any longer I'll probably start waxing it again.

I've been in possession of the Car, the Title and the money... all without a single piece of paperwork or contract. Good thing I'm not that kind of person who would take advantage of a situation and just keep it all.
                  Every car and race car that I have sold was done close the way you have stated. Only difference is that after the funds clear “ ( usually wire transfer ) I overnight the signed notarized title to the new owner. I do also send a contract for them to sign and return with the funding. I have sold race cars to different countries with no problems or complaints.
                  And times like you, I’ve had the car, money, and title, sitting on my desk. Only way to stop the problem upfront.
                  3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

Well they showed up it really happened

Comment

I'm going crazy... I don't know If I can go this long without a car waiting for the C8! I've started looking for a C6 to hold me over. My wife says she's noticed me looking for projects to keep me busy.

Comment

Maybe you should start a detailing business to both help our Corvette owners in your area, keep you busy, and earn a few bucks even at the reduced pricing you would be charging fellow Corvetters.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X