Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

PRIVATE MESSAGE HINT/HELP

Some are having trouble seeing a PM another member has sent them, saying it is just the title and then a big white blank page. Just click on the title and the message will open up for you. Thanks.
See more
See less

LT1 Enhancements Revisited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT1 Enhancements Revisited

What were the developments that the LT1 pioneered? As explained in an October 31, 2012 (just days after it was introduced), in this video with John Rydzewski. John was one of the chief LT1 development engineers, and explains many of the features in the 2014 LT1 Corvette engine, including direct injection, continuous variable valve control, the rotating assembly, engine block, intake manifold, 11.5:1 compression ratio, and combustion system. Thanks to popularhotrodding for this video.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Thank you. The LT1, Naturally Aspiration, is tied and true. The LT 2 will tap the deeper potential. We will soon see how far they went.

This engine will run with the DCT exclusively. At least at first. WE will observe that the LT2 is designed to exploit the strength of the 8 gear DCT. but just how. Economy? Performance? Reliability? What emphasis and balance?

Comment

Great questions SheepDog, for we sure do not know on which end of which continuum GM is wanting to “push.”
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

We know the cars they benchmark. So, that tells us what they are shooting for. They will pull enough power that, together with the DCT and weight management. They hit or exceed their bogeys.

Comment

All the GM direct injection engines since 2014 are solid! Better efficency over the the Ls engines w/ port injection. I had then supercharged both the ls3 and ls7. Also had the Ls 9 I think the Lt4/Lt5 are the best engines
          GM has made to date . I think they run the same crank and pistons except the LT5 has a wider keyway for a stronger crank balancer securement
          along with a different cam. I had an Lt1 in my 2014 Z51. It was the victim of a bad tune after a blower install. I think maybe a ring broke since oil use was extreme. I sold the car at a big loss. I do think the lt1's are a good engine. I have two 5.3's in 2015 and 2018 GMC trucks and they have been very good engines.

The Lt4 has the forged internals, stronger pistons and are more robust than the GM N/A engines. The lt4 is fantastic and better than stock when paired with 2300 heartbeat blower which is a game changer over the GM blowers.
          The lt4/5 GM Blowers both tie the intercoolers directly to the charger case where the Maggy design does allow them to directly touch the case allows them to cool better. The flow though design is better as well. The Maggy blowers have better efficiency and run cooler and save weight over both the 1.7 and 2.65 GM blowers.
          Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 04-20-2019, 12:02 PM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
          Working...
          X