Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Anyone waiting till the Z06 C8 comes out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone waiting till the Z06 C8 comes out?

The base C8 will not be hanging with the C7Z06 esp with the aftermarket support enjoyed by the current C7Z06. I think the base car with any options at all will even be priced as much as the current C7 Z06 with discounts you will not get on the C8. I also look for the C8 to gain weight.

I planned to wait so I bought another C7Z06 turned out to be certified by the Corvette Museum to be a 1 of 1 car. Only 2018 Corvette produced exactly like mine. Likely the last 2018 Z06 made in the new factory. IMO The C7 Z06 is the performance bargain. Lt1 or 2 is not the equal of the lt4.

The Heartbeat 2300 blower, Some Custom coated ARH 2 inch headers then add an intake and tune. Gets you 800 hp. Then the DCS controller for improved traction over stock.
    The car is a simply a 9 second beast. Love it so much I have two the A8 and the M7 built them the same way. Both have improved MPG . Both run cooler than any stock Z06. Both are lighter weight.
    Both will pull any stock Corvette including the ZR1.

What fun you are having!

Up until now I have always waited for the Z06 version. However my wonderful wife, sensing my not being happy about waiting an extra year (been four years, two months and 16 days since I placed my ME deposit), said “get a first year one, then get a Z06 when it comes out — as long as the first one disappears.”

Lucky me!
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Well... I for one am not converting mine into what is basically a drag car. For the money I could build a specific roller and drop any engine/trans combo I choose.

But to each their own, as long as you're having fun.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        What fun you are having!

Up until now I have always waited for the Z06 version. However my wonderful wife, sensing my not being happy about waiting an extra year (been four years, two months and 16 days since I placed my ME deposit), said “get a first year one, then get a Z06 when it comes out — as long as the first one disappears.”

Lucky me!
        John

you are a lucky man. I like how your wife thinks..

she is a keeper!

Comment

Well, I'll probably wait until the Z06 is available, but not because I want a Z06. But by the time I'm ready to get rid of my C7, the Z06 will probably be available.
          Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
            Well, I'll probably wait until the Z06 is available, but not because I want a Z06. But by the time I'm ready to get rid of my C7, the Z06 will probably be available.
            Males a lot of semse simce your convertible is such a beautiful corvette.

how many miles do you have on your present corvette amd how many miles do you put on annually?

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post

Males a lot of semse simce your convertible is such a beautiful corvette.

how many miles do you have on your present corvette amd how many miles do you put on annually?
              31,000 miles in just under 4 years, so call it about 7,500 a year. Probably half of that longish trips, the rest around the 'burbs. And a small amount on the track. (Very small) I was just talking to a friend who has an old Avalon he bought with 100,000 miles on it. It's now up to 205,000!! I figure I'll get a few more years out of the C7.
              Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Most likely I will wait for the Z06 or the Grand Sport. I’ve had two base Vettes, both the C6 and C7. My old man currently has a GS and it looks way better. I am curious how long we will have to wait.

Comment

I will definitely be waiting for a minimum of a ZO6, or the rumored 1000hp AWD variant. I have had the cash saved for sometime and in a C8 only fund, making me quite good interest. Hopefully my health holds out and the car is beautiful. Then I'll be a cash buyer and a very happy person.

Regards Brian

Comment

I'm actually considering waiting. After all these years of waiting for this car I'm now considering waiting longer because I just wont be happy with the base car. And we don't have a crystal ball to tell us what the near future market value will be on a 1 year old super low mileage car. Really don't wanna throw 10-20K out the window just to say I had the first one out. But still a part of me is saying...**** I'VE WAITED LONG ENOUGH!!!

Comment

Yes waiting for the ZO6.

Comment

I will be waiting for at least the Z06, version. I have others to drive in the mean time.
                        Proud owner of
                        1966 Ermine White/White Blue Interior L72 Coupe
                        2013 Artic White/Diamond Blue Interior LS7 Convertible

Comment

Waiting for some version above the base car has been my plan. Though it will be hard to keep waiting after we finally see it.
                          Sigmon - Hamilton, Ohio, USA
                          2021 Elkhart Lake Blue Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 3LT Z51, D30, BV4, E60, EYK, FA5, FE4, Q8T, ZZ3, J6N
                          Deposit: March 20/20, 1100: Nov 17/20, 2000: Feb 12/21, 3000: Feb 17/21, 3300: April 15/21, 3400: April 23/21 TPW 5/3/21, 3800: 5/4/21, 4200: 5/10/21, 5000: 5/10/21, 6000: 5/10/21

Comment

Waiting for the Spyder version, a Z51 or equivalent package, a reduction from MSRP, and me wanting one more than wanting to keep my C7 roadster.

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                              Waiting for the Spyder version...
                              Me too, and given that we've seen Spyders out testing with the coupes, I expect that the HT convertible will be available as a 2020 model.

I also expect the base car to have 500+HP, which I feel is a very nice power level for my type of street use. I do like the idea of an 8,000 RPM FPC motor in the Z06, and I look forward to learning all about it when it's revealed (2021?).
                              My C8:
                              '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
                              '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                              '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
                              '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X