Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

CorvetteToday Podcast Delves Into C4 With Aficionado Brad Hansen

CORVETTE TODAY delves into the C4 Corvette with affectionato, Brad Hansen. https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...I0r3Da0OXhSCLC Brad is a LA videographer, but uses his C4 as a Daily Driver. Consequently, he has become a true go-to guy for all C4 do-it-yourselfers! Brad has a great YouTube channel and social media presence. You'll find out all about that and more on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen Here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Website & Merchandise: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
See more
See less

Great ‘67 Convertible Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great ‘67 Convertible Video

Brink of Speed, you had me going in the beginning of this video, so before i say any more...

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

I was so, SO excited for you Mike, for your getting that absolutely beyond gorgeous 1967 award winning convertible, and then you said it was not going to be yours. But the lucky new owner. Is that 1967 every beyond spectacular!!! Actually, when I thought during the first past that it was going to be yours, I was concerned about your plans to buy a C8. Whew, for you still get to do get your 2020 ME!
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I like that color. Not sure I would add A/C.
      1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
      2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

I really like Sunfire Yellow too, that we have also seen it your1966 beauty (that I am looking forward to seeing at the BASH).

Click image for larger version  Name:	D3CCA73E-E398-40F5-8396-4E1EBF758FD1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	627.5 KB ID:	31680

Comment

I had a 1964 roadster. The main improvement after 64 was the replacement of drum brakes with non power assisted disc brakes. As for the tires, I think in 67 GM was still fitting Corvettes from the factory with 2 ply bias ply tires. American manufacturers were just starting to make radial tires, but they were not very good. They attempted to make them using the same clam shell molding methods, while Michelin and Pirelli were using segment mold technology. I used to fit my C2 with Pirelli radials, for the then outrageous price of $50 per tire. That was almost double the price of a premium American tire.

The steering probably felt strange because, instead of rack and pinion, it used a recirculating ball system instead, same as GM used on all its other cars. Recirculating ball systems always had a little slop to them, but on a Corvette, it was less than normal.

Another thing about C2 Corvettes, the tachometer red line on the instrument gave you a good indicator of what engine was installed. Base engines would usually by red lined at 5500 rpm or so, and the higher performance engines, such as with solid lifters, might be red lined as high as 6500.

The C3 chassis was basically unchanged from the C2. So that design had a good long production run.

Comment

Thanks Milliwatt Rob. I love to learn more about Corvette history.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X