Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

The Corvette Book Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Corvette Book Thread

First thanks to member “German” for this great idea for this thread on another forum. As more books have been written about C1-C6’s, thought this would be the best place for this thread.Starting this off with one of my favorite ones.

“Corvette Special Editions, Includes Pace Cars, L88 Z06’s And More” by Keith Cornett.

Superbly written, fantastic information, incredible good and lots of stats, and one of those rare books that once I have read it, I keep choosing to go back and re-read and re-read different parts of it.

Keith Cornett is CorvetteBlogger, and if you PM him, you can buy it from him, and of course he would happily sign for you. Keith is bringing some copies with him to the BASH, and you will find him, his books, Brad66’s 1966 Sunfire Yellow Corvette and more at our MidEngineCorvetteForum booth outside of the main building.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

The single Corvette book I reach for the most is the “Corvette Black Book” by Mike Antonick. It is a wonderful yearly update of the details not just all previous years (numbers who chose each option, paint codes, specs, major changes, option pricing and much more), but present the immediate past year’s model info. I bought my last 2018 version at the NCM store. I reached for it often when I do a need thread which has historical info I want to refresh myself on (used it twice in the last day).
    Last edited by John; 03-30-2019, 05:06 PM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Corvette Black Book - Need to pick up a new copy at the Bash.

All Corvettes are Red - A fascinating read about how the C5 came to be.

The Corvette Factories - Lots of great pictures.

Zora Arkus-Duntov The Legend Behind Corvette - The authorized biography by Jerry Burton

Corvette From The Inside by Dave McLellan

Corvette Fifty Years by Randy Leffingwell

I'm sure there are others I'm not thinking of right now.
      1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
      2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Great book list Brad! Some there I have never heard about that I will need to get a hold of.

Another book I am looking at a lot now as well as back then, is “The Seventh Generation of America's Sports Car: CORVETTE STINGRAY,” by Larry Edsall. It has many fantastic chapters, including the one “On the Road But Under Camoflage.” It has superb pictures of what was going on behind the scenes starting about two years ago, until sometime last year, the putting together, part by part, many initially 3D printed, to create a collection of +5,000 parts making up the C7. Here’s just one:

Click image for larger version  Name:	A949B10A-83F4-4F97-A058-85ADFB393153.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	2.34 MB ID:	30862

Comment

Thanks John, I'll have to pick up a copy of that C7 one.

I see that the NCM store has this one so I'll get it while I'm there.
          Last edited by brad66; 03-31-2019, 12:10 PM.
          1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
          2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

I’ve read All Corvettes are Red, have read most of Corvette From the Inside, have Keith’s book but haven’t got to it yet. Have numerous other Corvette books that I haven’t fully read yet.
            There is a madness to my method!

2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
            2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
            79 coupe Silver/oyster
            All one owner
            Museum lifetime members

Comment

All Corvettes Are Red is a wonderful book, though very sobering to read it. Once again, Corvette’s extinction almost happened, and as we all know, a humongous thank you to the late Jim Perkins for saving it.
              Last edited by John; 03-31-2019, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Here's the one sitting next to me. Updated for 1974!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190331_194840971_HDR.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	30957
                2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
                Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
                Spectra Grey Tridents.
                Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom