MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Reveal Countdown Clock! Official 4/26 GM C8 News. Finally, 7.18.19 Orange County Reveal Location Is Announced!

See more
See less

Almost spring, busted the C7 out of it's winter jail for a quick ride!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost spring, busted the C7 out of it's winter jail for a quick ride!

So it got up to about 45 yesterday! I know for southerners that's is winter, but those of us stuck in the never ending polar vortex it felt amazing. Seen several bikes on the road and a lot of us car guys took advantage of the weather. Then today went back to cold and absolute torrential rains.

Anyway, I was able to pull over and snap a few pics of the car. This is the first time I've actually had the car out since paint correction and my first application of BlackFire SiO2. I'm loving the machine face wheels upgrade!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_5f8.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	3.22 MB
ID:	28794Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_5f7.jpeg
Views:	71
Size:	4.12 MB
ID:	28795

Name:	fullsizeoutput_5f9.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	5.28 MB
ID:	28796Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_5fa.jpeg
Views:	71
Size:	5.16 MB
ID:	28797

Name:	fullsizeoutput_5fc.jpeg
Views:	70
Size:	6.41 MB
ID:	28798Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_5fb.jpeg
Views:	70
Size:	6.41 MB
ID:	28799

Name:	fullsizeoutput_5fd.jpeg
Views:	66
Size:	4.83 MB
ID:	28800Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_5fe.jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	4.70 MB
ID:	28801

Your corvette looks awesome...glad you broke it out for a winter drive!

congrats!

Comment

Your car looks great Ripper. Good for you to go for a rare sunny day in your area at this time of the year. Going to do the same tomorrow (February was the coldest February in Oregon’s history), and in the last week we had snow three days — for it is going to be a lately-rare sunny day here tomorrow.
      Last edited by John; 03-09-2019, 10:15 PM.
      Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

I thought about getting my 17GS out for a run yesterday ,but it's not going to be mine in a few weeks so didn't want to put the mileage on it and risk anything happening to it...

Comment

Smart move (for we never know the idiot in the next lane is going to do). Are you getting a replacement Corvette for your 2017 GS?
          Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Originally posted by ABorC View Post
            I thought about getting my 17GS out for a run yesterday ,but it's not going to be mine in a few weeks so didn't want to put the mileage on it and risk anything happening to it...
            What's the story, Early trade in on the C8? I know Kerbeck was offering "Special accommodations for those wishing to trade in their car now."

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              Smart move (for we never know the idiot in the next lane is going to do). Are you getting a replacement Corvette for your 2017 GS?
              A '19 Z06 M7 2LZ should be arriving at Criswell by the middle of next week courtesy of Mike Furman.

Comment

EXCITING! We all declare that you deserve a warm, sunny and dry spring for you to enjoy your new beauty. What color?

Comment

A '19 Z06 M7 2LZ should be arriving at Criswell by the middle of next week courtesy of Mike Furman.
                  Congratulations, That's awesome!

Comment

Congrats. I'm a little jealous.

I don't know if you saw my posts on this, but we have been thinking the same. I had the deal in front of me this past week for a C7 Z06 MT convertible and could not pull the trigger. My dealer saying it's their last chance to order.

So tempted.

But in the end decided to wait. I need to see the reveal.

Comment

It has been snowing here all day. Snow depth here usually reaches its maximum in mid March, and then starts to recede. The thaw brings two things to Vermont, maple sugaring season, and mud season, where our unpaved roads (I live on one) turn to mush. By the second week of April, we are usually back on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                        It has been snowing here all day. Snow depth here usually reaches its maximum in mid March, and then starts to recede. The thaw brings two things to Vermont, maple sugaring season, and mud season, where our unpaved roads (I live on one) turn to mush. By the second week of April, we are usually back on the road.
                        It's just around the corner... dry roads, perfect weather and the MidEngine Stingray!

Very familiar with the mushy roads having moved from Michigan. We were all but flooded out yesterday, then the winds picked up last night, like crazy, and now you'd be lucky to find wet anything around here. I did however find plenty of debris that blew over from near by construction, stuck in my fence. Just need to wind to go the other way to blow it all back! Can't wait for our subdivision to be completed!

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post

Congrats. I'm a little jealous.

I don't know if you saw my posts on this, but we have been thinking the same. I had the deal in front of me this past week for a C7 Z06 MT convertible and could not pull the trigger. My dealer saying it's their last chance to order.

So tempted.

But in the end decided to wait. I need to see the reveal.

I had a '15 M7, then my back and knees went south and I couldn't get comfortable driving it, so I had to ditch the M7 and I went to a 2017 A8 GS thinking my back and knees were done. But, thanks to modern medicine, I'm in a lot better condition now, so I can go back to the M7, and while I'm at it, I figured I would up the HP a bit

I ordered 2LZ, LBR, black interior, red seatbelts and gray pearl 10 blade wheels. I wanted a "classic" look car with a manual, which we all know the C8 won't have (no offense to the C8) and I plan on keeping this a long time (Mike F is laughing at that statement as he reads it, trust me) I'll get a C8 in time, but I haven't gotten my fill of high horsepower FE/RWD manual sports cars yet

Comment

LBR is our choice for our ME. This color screams in the sun. Here is our friends at Crater Lake last summer. Happy high horsepower, manual trans heaven to you.

Name:	07AE4128-579E-4F6E-9F42-6F81A1F6C729.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	28913

Comment

Thanks John. My current '17 GS is LBR and uh.... so is my Tahoe

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X