9,000 New C7’s Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9,000 New C7’s Available

As we projected last month, based on days of January production at a rate of 93 new Corvettes assembled per day (over 2,000 C7’s in January), yet only selling 800 of them, the number of unsold C7’s would keep growing.

We thank einventorynow.com for the specific data that currently there are 9,000 unsold C7’s, and based on the January sales per day rate, this has resulted in a current 232 day C7 supply.

Unfortunately, with half the country now experiencing more snowy/typical winter weather, and with BGA working 19 days this month, it is projected that with 1,767 new Corvettes being built this month, however sales for this shorter month could dip below the 800 per month January amount, that the situation will probably be even more bleak when we get the end of February inventory data (on March 15th).

http://www.einventorynow.com/7.html

There are two silver linings ahead, perhaps even three. First, winter will pass and with warm spring days coming, seasonal sales will increase. Second, at some time, BGA will close for C8 re-tooling and with no new C7’s being made during that time, every new sale during this changeover will result in some Corvette sales, some decreased inventory. Third, when the C6 generation came to a close, GM helped increase left over C6 sales with a $10,000 factory incentive. Could this happen again? In this amount? Unknown, but likely GM will help move out C7’s sitting on dealers’ lots.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Well this way dealers can sell a FE and ME car at the same time at least

Comment

Yes, for a while, but even with 10,000 unsold FEs, at some point they would all be all gone. Of course a major determinant of that is if GM put a manfacturer incentive on them, and at what price point.

Perhaps as some have speculated, there would be little or no incentives placed onto the manual trans and the soft-top convertible versions due to their expected total disappearance on the C8.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I hope there's incentives on M7s.... not that I have one on order or anything....

Comment

Originally posted by ABorC View Post
          I hope there's incentives on M7s.... not that I have one on order or anything....
          I was thinking today whether or not a new Z06 Convertible MT might be a good /fun investment. Advertised price on a couple here is in the US$80,000 region.
          2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
          Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
          2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
          Spectra Grey Tridents.
          Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

I have a '19 Z06 M7 on order with Mike Furman....

Comment

Probably a great buy now. My C7 is going strong so I'm fine.

Comment

It is extremely prudent to buy the last year of a Corvette generation for both cost discount reasons, and second because the preceding years have brought forth improvement after improvements.

Comment

I have a '17 A8 GS 2LT now, that I bought when i blew out my knee and my back was killing me, but now that those 2 things are somewhat fixed, I want to go back to an M7, nothing against the A8, it's a ton of fun, but I prefer the manual. While i'm going back to the M7 (i had it in my '15 Z51) I decided to upgrade to the Z06 as well. And of course, Mike is making it ridiculously easy to do.... darn him lol (said my wallet)

Comment

Glad to see your knee and back are getting younger. As to your wallet getting lighter, you will soon be getting rewarded for that big time!

Comment

Aging Floor Plan is not good for dealers. Expect GM to do something with incentives here shortly. Just wonder what it will be..... Great Time To Be A Buyer of a C7!!!!

Comment

As the C7 convertible may be the last real rag top Corvette for the foreseeable future, I am inclined to hold on to mine. An uncommon color as well, Night Race Blue.

Comment

You have one beautiful car Milliwatt Rob. If you can hold on to it, that would be desirable.

Comment

Originally posted by Busa Dave View Post
                            Aging Floor Plan is not good for dealers. Expect GM to do something with incentives here shortly. Just wonder what it will be..... Great Time To Be A Buyer of a C7!!!!
                            I agree I love the C7 Z06 esp the 17-19 later the better. The fantastic sports car look ride and design.
                            Best Corvette with 65 years of advancing.

Topping it off is the Aftermarket support. 800hp on premium pump gas while factory like stone reliable while running cooler is easy with the 2300 Magnuson made for the Lt4 engine plus intake and headers. While weighing 3526 full of fuel . So at a half tank you are at 3400 range.
                            Bringing the Z06 to a whole new level of world class speed . Just with the standard 80mm upper which runs the coolest intake charge. So cool I run my Z06 to temperature and lay my hand on the blower. Heats up less and cools down quicker all with much more power.
                            Then the DSC controller adds to the traction.
                            Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 02-16-2019, 03:13 PM.

Comment

If I was buying a C7 now I'd want a Z06 MT convertible, just because.

Turns out that's not a common mix in Canada. From Autotrader:

Total # 2019 C7's in the country for sale = 501.

Total # convertibles = 74 (15%)

Total # MT = 18 (24% of convertibles).

Total Z06 MT convertibles = 5.

And 3 of those are over the other side. The left side. So 2 in my area that are not in appealing trims.

I don't really understand why the proportion of convertibles is so low. After all, these are not year round cars here for anybody.

I may ask my dealer on Monday, but can factory orders still be placed for Z06 convertibles?
                              2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
                              Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                              2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
                              Spectra Grey Tridents.
                              Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X