Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast Latest Corvette News

Wow....there is so much Corvette news coming out right now.   Keith Cornett from CorvetteBlogger.com joins your host, Steve Garrett to cover it all. https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...e-2021-e12kai2  Check out some of the headlines below....
1.  GM Cancels June Allocation – 3000 status orders to be completed
2.  Chevrolet releases details and pricing on 2022 Corvette
3.  Chevrolet will offer a Corvette C8.R Special Edition for 2022
4.  2022 C8 Corvette Visualizer is now live
5.  Right-hand drive C8’s arrive in Japan and revealed at Fuji Speedway
6.  Ordering Opens in Australia and New Zealand
7.  GM still working out details for 2023 Racing Program
8.  Juan Pablo Montoya loves the Indy 500 pace car C8 Corvette!
9.  With C8 details out for 2022, the Z06 will most likely be a 2023 model
10.  Pre-owned Corvette pricing up 34% in the last year
...and there's lots more!  Don't miss this episode of CORVETTE TODAY.
See more
See less

C7 Special Edition Coming This Friday: Perhaps a C7 Stingray X Track Version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C7 Special Edition Coming This Friday: Perhaps a C7 Stingray X Track Version?

Thanks to a what we learned about the special edition being revealed next week at the Corvette Corral, we addditonal have, thanks to
    HorsePowerObsessed an interesting video, post # 20 in this thread, and if HPO’s theory is correct, it could be a Stingray X track version —
    something that absolutely makes sense as the reveal is at the ROLEX 24. Might this be the an interim version of this special edition.

More pictures of this possibility in post # 21 (next page).

Click image for larger version  Name:	01505F86-413D-4357-83C7-42031F007E34.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	561.0 KB ID:	23610

Thanks to Rick ***** for sharing a publicized IMSA Corvette Corral agenda showing a Special Edition reveal Friday, Jan 25th, 11:30 AM.
    Last edited by John; 01-21-2019, 05:24 PM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Any guesses as to what the C7 Special Edition will be?
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Corvette Racing Yellow with special interior badging. Limited run of 500 or fewer units. Just an uneducated guess.
      Current Car - 550 HP 370Z Twin Turbo
      Current Motorcycle - 2018 Tuono 1100 Factory
      Future Car - ME Corvette!

Comment

Great guess, and and if so, let us add in this special rear badging that is now on the C7.R’s, earlier found for us by “Plasboy”:

Click image for larger version  Name:	087DE3A0-D848-41BF-8DD1-2B3457462B82.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	427.3 KB ID:	23383

Comment

If the past is any indicator, an end of generation special edition won’t be limited and probably not unaffordable.
          2019 Z06: M7 Coupe: Shadow Gray Metallic
          2016 Sting w/Z51 : M7 Coupe : Night Race Blue

Comment

I wonder what kind of a special edition this 2019 Corvette might be? Lots of possibilities IMO, including a $100K track/club racer modeled after the 2010 Z06X concept.

Click image for larger version  Name:	79C2C5D2-75E6-4CF8-B944-29F3C0518D19.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	30.8 KB ID:	23428

Or might it be some kind of “ceremonial” package that can be added to every possible Corvette, more of an emblem, badges and customer seatback emobroidery “dress package” option?

Or a distinct package with some brand new performance and//or other options that we have not seen before?

I truly have not a clue as to what is coming???

Perhaps unreleased, certainly totally off the wall question, was the RVK Performance Air Intake surprise-pulled off the new car ordering options about five weeks ago to “save that component” for part of a new performance package?
            Last edited by John; 01-17-2019, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Usually its paint and stickers yet it would be cool if it was a 520 hp lt2 powered grand sport....

49 percent of all corvettes sold last year I believe were grand sports...

i believe we will see a grand sport special edition based on that percentage of sales.

just a guess though...

Comment

Hmmm ... I like the idea of a GS with a higher HP engine ... that would be cool.

Comment

My TL is a special edition. All I got for this was special badging, much nicer rims and some carbon fiber interior components. No idea what makes a "special edition" for Chevy.

Comment

Latest special edition article:

Originally posted by motorauthority
                    Rumored 2019 Corvette special edition could be last with engine up front

Viknesh Vijayenthiran
                    Jan 18, 2019
                    F

2019 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
                    2019 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray

Chevrolet is set to introduce its highly anticipated mid-engine Corvette later this year. The new car represents the eighth generation of the Corvette line and its arrival will likely mark the end of the nameplate's front-engine era.

This means a special-edition Corvette that Chevy is rumored to be presenting on January 25 at a pre-event for the 2019 Rolex 24 at Daytona could be the last new Corvette sporting the classic layout.

In a post made on Thursday, Corvette Blogger highlights a schedule for the Daytona weekend and included in that schedule is a “2019 Corvette Special Edition Announcement” slated for 11:30 a.m. on January 25.

We've reached out to Chevy for clarification and will update this post when we hear back.

2020 Chevrolet Corvette (C8) spy shots - Image via S. Baldauf/SB-Medien
                    2020 Chevrolet Corvette (C8) spy shots - Image via S. Baldauf/SB-Medien

The 2019 model year is expected to be the last for the current C7 Corvette generation, so the new special-edition model will almost certainly be C7-based.

There's already been several C7 special editions, including cars like the 2016 Corvette Z06 C7.R Edition and 2018 Corvette Grand Sport and Z06 Carbon 65 Editions. Any new one is going to be a bit more special however given the impending switch to a mid-engine layout.

Note, the C7.R race car that will compete in the Rolex 24 at Daytona is also on its way out. Chevy is already testing the new C8.R race car which should be ready for 2020's 24-hour race at Daytona.

As for the C8 road car, the last we heard is that it will be revealed sometime in the summer. It will likely debut with a more powerful version of the 6.2-liter V-8 found in the C7 Corvette Stingray. Eventually, more powerful V-8s, including one one packing twin turbochargers and up to 800 horsepower, are expected to arrive. And further down the line we could see an all-wheel-drive C8 with a hybrid powertrain making close to 1,000 horsepower if the rumors are to be believed.
                    https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...ngine-up-front

Comment

It’s amazing to me how many people are making a living off of all of these rumors. It seems like someone at GM would figure out a way to cash in on new product rumors.
                      Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Remember this thing? A type R if you will. Nah, but on the other hand who knows ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	0AF559D6-C23A-4427-B21E-5B72F4430190.jpeg
Views:	122
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	23502
                        2019 Z06: M7 Coupe: Shadow Gray Metallic
                        2016 Sting w/Z51 : M7 Coupe : Night Race Blue

Comment

Anybody know where I could buy this sticker ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3106.PNG
Views:	88
Size:	438.4 KB
ID:	23513
                          A thought if I might ...

Comment

Not yet, but guessing later — and maybe directly from the Chevy’s own shop, and perhaps the championship one above for others who might want. Maybe they will be sold at next week’s race.

We will have Keith Cornett/CorvetteBlogger as our on site reporter at the ROLEX He was invited by GM to be part of the press/media coverage for the ROLEX, so he will have full access. If possible, he will video the presentation of the SE reveal, and then post them on his site (www.CorvetteBlogger.com) and on here and maybe also his using YouTube account.

We could not have a better on-site roving reporter there.

Comment

I'm thinking special color package, ala Carbon 65. Maybe a new stripe kit. Maybe C7R Shanghai livery? Whatever it is, I hope it isn't cooler than what I ordered. I would hate to regret my choice before the first oil change!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X