See less

NEW 2020 Stingray Model Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This picture, which appears to be a screen print from GM’s dealership software program called WorkBench Connect, in which dealerships order their new cars, is interesting, having the same new Stingray coupe and convertible codes as in the OP. I cropped the top of it to remove the dealership’s name.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B17E51B6-FBD3-41DC-B52F-1A0A470D317C.jpeg
Views:	414
Size:	391.9 KB
ID:	21948

Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20+ year members of NCM.

Comment

Do you now believe, John??

Comment

We do now agree that C7’s continue after June 30th. I have come around to your thinking in this area.

However, I believe that it is solely because the C8 is unfortunately now in an extended testing and development phase, and thus will not be production ready until around the end of this year. I also think that this was not GM’s preferred option last August when the traditional nine month, Pre-Production Validation (PPV) process for the ME started. However, because the PPV is now halted or in “time out status,” having another six or so months of C7 production is consequenlty GM’s best option through the end of the 2019 calendar year (short of the disaster option of halting Corvette production entirely until the C8 is ready).

However, and this is where we will continue to disagree, I believe that all C7’s stop production at the end of this calendar year, and just as the beginning of the C7 generation, only mid engine 2020 Stingrays will be produced post January 1, 2020 — with the model designation of 1YC07 for the mid engine Stingray C8 coupes and with the model designation of 1YC67 for The mid engine Stingray C8 convertibles?

Comment

Theme song for C8 waiters.........

Last edited by John; 01-08-2019, 09:10 AM. Reason: Thanks Meldoon. Great choice. Include the video here for easier viewing/listening!
          The least we can do is wave to each other

Comment

There are several GM codes at play with regard to the existing C7 Corvette and the ME Corvette.

The Platform Code for both is Y. Under the platform code, the FE is Y1 and the ME is reportedly Y2.

The internal product code for the ME has previously been reported to be Y2BC.

The model code for the current C7 Stingray Base Coupe is 1YY07 and 1YY67 for the Stingray Base Vert. Other model codes as well for the Z51, GS, Z06, and ZR1.

The 2020 model code that was just revealed is for a Stingray Coupe 1YC07 and Stingray Convertible 1YC67. It's interesting that the reported internal product code for the ME also uses a C. Could it be that the base ME Stingray will use either B or C and the Z51 ME Stingray use the other?

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              We do now agree that C7’s continue after June 30th. I have come around to your thinking in this area.

However, I believe that it is solely because the C8 is unfortunately now in an extended testing and development phase, and thus will not be production ready until around the end of this year. I also think that this was not GM’s preferred option last August when the traditional nine month, Pre-Production Validation (PPV) process for the ME started. However, because the PPV is now halted or in “time out status,” having another six or so months of C7 production is consequenlty GM’s best option through the end of the 2019 calendar year (short of the disaster option of halting Corvette production entirely until the C8 is ready).

However, and this is where we will continue to disagree, I believe that all C7’s stop production at the end of this calendar year, and just as the beginning of the C7 generation, only mid engine 2020 Stingrays will be produced post January 1, 2020 — with the model designation of 1YC07 for the mid engine Stingray C8 coupes and with the model designation of 1YC67 for The mid engine Stingray C8 convertibles?

I am still prone to disagreeing with you. I believe the C7 may be continued as a recent answer to internal problems but I also believe there is a C8 front engine model in the making. Skank reported, in an alternative thread, that the molds were made more then a year ago for a front engine C8! I tend to think that we, the readers, are the only ones that have ever attached the moniker "C8" to the mid engine model. I believe the mid engine is likely a Zora and the new front engine, which may be the heavily modified C7 (the most advanced and heralded Corvette ever), is the C8. Time will tell. I guess even Doug Fehan is calling the new Corvette, mid engine race car a C8.R so that may blow that concept.

You know, maybe this delay is meant to provide the time to release the two new models at the same time. That would be novel and unheralded.

Comment

Originally posted by jagamajajaran View Post
                There are several GM codes at play with regard to the existing C7 Corvette and the ME Corvette.

The Platform Code for both is Y. Under the platform code, the FE is Y1 and the ME is reportedly Y2.

The internal product code for the ME has previously been reported to be Y2BC.

The model code for the current C7 Stingray Base Coupe is 1YY07 and 1YY67 for the Stingray Base Vert. Other model codes as well for the Z51, GS, Z06, and ZR1.

The 2020 model code that was just revealed is for a Stingray Coupe 1YC07 and Stingray Convertible 1YC67. It's interesting that the reported internal product code for the ME also uses a C. Could it be that the base ME Stingray will use either B or C and the Z51 ME Stingray use the other?
                Great analysis Jag. Worthy of reading again. Which I just did... Thank you.

Comment

With the 19 my starting, if I recall correctly, last January, it has already run a full year. If C7 production runs thru the end of the year, and if the buyer at my dealer being correct saying April 30 being the cut off for ordering a 19, then it appears that there will be a 2020 C7.

Comment

Originally posted by JustOneMore View Post
                    With the 19 my starting, if I recall correctly, last January, it has already run a full year. If C7 production runs thru the end of the year, and if the buyer at my dealer being correct saying April 30 being the cut off for ordering a 19, then it appears that there will be a 2020 C7.
                    That is what I am thinking, if as highly rumored the C8’s production starts later than this September (as the C7’s did). At the same time, even if the rumors are true and the C8 is somewhat delayed, if would be far less than a whole year, maybe just months, and thus we would have a very shortened 2020 C7 year — and then that it would be the end of the front engine Corvette.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X