MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Tremec TR-9007 DCT For The C8? C7’s Ending & C8’s Beginnings: Possible Options. ME’s Infotainment System Capabilities and Components

2 of 2 < >

Wish To Change Your Forum Name? Bob Lutz on C8 vs C7 Pricing; ME’s LT2 Engine Technology Enhancments!

It is easy to change your forum name. Retain your post count. Please PM “John.”
Chazcron’s Renders of Today:https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...w-gif-and-ones
C8 Just A Little More: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...on-for-version
See more
See less

GM Reports 3,910 Corvettes sold during 4th Quarter 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Reports 3,910 Corvettes sold during 4th Quarter 2018

GM reported their sales today for the 4th quarter and it was a challenging time period for Corvette sales.

GM Sales for the Corvette are down nearly 37% from 4 Qtr 2017 with a total of 3,910 units delivered in the final three months of 2018. Calendar Year 2018 sales total 18,791 which was a decline of 25%.

A look at the current offers on Chevrolet.com shows only a $599 lease on a base Stingray and no offers for cash incentives or discounts.

With GM raising prices on all Corvette models and a new C8 on the horizon, I do not see this trend of declining sales ending anytime soon.

You can read our full analysis over at https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2019...-quarter-2018/

Thank you so much CorvetteBlogger. Not a good trend.
    Some many questions about the ME right now; so few concrete answers yet!

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Thanks for the update! I recently heard a salesman asking GM to give some incentives to help them move their in-stock inventory. I thought this was funny because it's not like GM forces dealerships to order Corvettes for inventory. It's quite the strategic game figuring out how many of your allocations you really want to use knowing that your C8 allocation will be based on previous sales.

Comment

Whether this is "good" or not depends, I think, on one's goals. If you're looking to get a great deal on a C7, there ought to be massive incentives to move them after the C8 is introduced.
        SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
        27,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
          If you're looking to get a great deal on a C7, there ought to be massive incentives to move them after the C8 is introduced.
          I'll be one of those with a used 2014 C7 for sale at that time towards my C8. Let you know what I get for it. Hope the econ cooperates.

Comment

We have a while before we can buy a new C8, this is not good news for team Corvette. I wonder how long GM could slow production before the negative capital expense of having equipment and workers at BG at idel? I wonder how the delay of the C8 is hurting their original plan?

? About C7 I would like to have some information on.

How many shift do they work today?
            How many could they reduce to without losing money on Capitol equipment and labor at ideal?
            How many cars Being built per week?

If C8 is another 9 plus months away GM has a lot more C7 being produced that wont have enough buyers to reduce the inventory. I would buy a new z06 but won't make any moves because I want a C8 and been on a list for years. I remember this time last year I sold my R8 and thought by mid January of 2019 I would be seeing the new Mid Engine Corvette in Detroit but instead we get to see the new Toyota Supra in GM backyard 🤔😭😡Now it's a year later and I am thinking it could be this time next year till I see my new C8 in 2020. 🤯.

Thank G I have this awesome forum to learn and to talk to fellow enthusiats.
            Last edited by Fasttoys; 01-03-2019, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Gm should just change over bowling green as soon as possible...end c7 production as soon as possible as well.

fwiw...bowling green should just produce c8 z51 3LT cars all optioned out the same as “edition 1 “vehicles,” launch edition “or “ZORA 1 “ models..

offer it in 5 colors....and one price...ship it out to every participating and properly service trained chevy dealer and reap the rewards...

sooner rather than later would be a smart mive...

utlize existing inventory to manage corvette sales until the “launch edition “c8 could arrive...

show in January (dreaming) sell in showrooms the single c8 launch edition by the end of april.

dont bumo the price of the launch edition any higher than future c8 z51 3LT models optioned the same way..

maybe offer free launch edition FREE soft luggage as a kicker for the travelling band ...have the luggage say ZORA on it or something.

those old enough will get a kick out of it...

those too young too remember will learn a valuable history lession and the brand gets a boost...

sales at peak profit during launch time will be speedy to say the least...

i would wait to personally select the options I want...but most would gobble up the fully loaded “Launch edition”
              Last edited by JB; 01-04-2019, 06:19 AM.

Comment

They should have a special promotion for those of us up here in the snow belt. Buy a C7 Corvette, and they will throw in an AWD Trax for you to drive during the winter months

Comment

Originally posted by JBsC6 View Post
                  Gm should just change over bowling green as soon as possible...end c7 production as soon as possible as well.

fwiw...bowling green should just produce c8 z51 3LT cars all optioned out the same as “edition 1 “vehicles,” launch edition “or “ZORA 1 “ models..

offer it in 5 colors....and one price...ship it out to every participating and properly service trained chevy dealer and reap the rewards...

sooner rather than later would be a smart mive...

utlize existing inventory to manage corvette sales until the “launch edition “c8 could arrive...

show in January (dreaming) sell in showrooms the single c8 launch edition by the end of april.

dont bumo the price of the launch edition any higher than future c8 z51 3LT models optioned the same way..

maybe offer free launch edition FREE soft luggage as a kicker for the travelling band ...have the luggage say ZORA on it or something.

those old enough will get a kick out of it...

those too young too remember will learn a valuable history lession and the brand gets a boost...

sales at peak profit during launch time will be speedy to say the least...

i would wait to personally select the options I want...but most would gobble up the fully loaded “Launch edition”
                  Yes there is enough pent up initial demand that GM could sell these any way they decided to option them. However, what is number? Easy to get burned on that one.

Comment

I believe I'm correct in saying that GM wholesales autos to dealers upon order from said dealers! If that is true, then this glut of Corvettes is not necessarily GM's fiscal problem to deal with. It is the individual dealer's problem to deal with (i.e. - they ordered too many cars).I also understand that the dealer's are as anxious as the next person for the ME model and are likely ordering as many C7's as possible to increase their allocation for the ME model. All of this plays into the hand of dealers cutting off their nose to spite their face. Between the two of them (GM & individual dealers), there has to be a solution.

Personally, I see the solution in the continuation of the most award laden Corvette in history: the C7. That it's 6 model years old, means little in the bigger picture. It can easily be magnificently upgraded and added to the cache of models offered after the ME is also added and, it can be constructed, via the skillet system, alongside the ME. Then a year or two down the road, they will add a Corvette SUV to the mix. Making the modified C7 carry the banner of a GT along with the ME. This is a more then logical evolution of the business model.
                    Last edited by ltomn; 01-04-2019, 04:18 PM. Reason: grammer

Comment

I think c8 launch editions would make the ramp up of production easy..

i would think and its just a guess corvette marketing could come up with a number that could easily be sold....

just do t make the launch edition more expemsive than a future regularly optioned vehicle..

thats usually where excess inventory in launch editions get caught up...

no extra surcharge. No special paint colors... no chrome wheels...

just loaded 3lt s with the z51 suspension, mrc, npp fals and a few colors...

could be as simple as torch red , white and blue..

throw in a set of zora soft luggage for free and produce say 4000 units...or 6k units...

2k red, 2 k white and 2k blue...

so,ethi g like that to get the production ramped up and the cars out for sale on the dealer lots..

tons of guys will go look at them and then with a few fire sale lrices on c7 left overs...some guys will buy the left over inventory, so,e will order c8 s and wait...amd some will take the full boat launch editions..

Thats just an option being thrown out there..for a fast and furious marketing solution to the exosting situation.,

guys who trade i. Their c7 s for a launch edition will have rapid fire viewings of the preowned car traded in as well..

everybody wins..

dealers, comsumers and gm..

itll mever happen but it would be an interesting experiment

Comment

I always forget, can someone clarify - are the sold number reports what GM sells to dealers, or actual units dealers sold to buyers? thanks

Comment

Actual units sold/delivered to end stream, human-being customers.
                          Some many questions about the ME right now; so few concrete answers yet!

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X