Track days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track days

This is what happens when you push your C7 Z51 a bit hard on the track. I usually swap rotors halfway through track season, but didn't this year. So therefore.....
    And with DBA racing rotors nonetheless.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4017.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	212027
    Attached Files
    C7 Track Dedicated Z51
    Rollbar, tow hook, Z06 grill, short throw shifter, upgraded rotors/pads/wheels/tires
    2018 Honda Goldwing
    2018 Suzuki V-Strom

Wow, those rotors are ready for the metal recycling bin. Nonetheless, I will bet it was worth it the amount of fun you had.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Oh man, wow. How long on the track? How many sessions before this happened?
      2017 TR GS 2LT

Comment

Eh, just have them turned, they’ll be fine 🤣
        07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 2LT Coupe; GBA; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

Comment

You are very lucky that those rotors did not break up ( explode ) while you were on track. Ask me how I know. After my learning experience, we always timed our rotors out, and removed them way before they showed signs of even small surface cracking. High speed crashes are not much fun.
          3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

Originally posted by Ateupjoe View Post
            Oh man, wow. How long on the track? How many sessions before this happened?
            First lap after a break after a 30 minute session. Lucky I've got a new set of four DBAs in the garage. Going to put new rotors, Raybestos pads, and brake fluid flush. Guess tomorrow will be an all dayer in the man cave. I like the stopping power on the track with my Carbotech 24s, but they just don't last long.
            C7 Track Dedicated Z51
            Rollbar, tow hook, Z06 grill, short throw shifter, upgraded rotors/pads/wheels/tires
            2018 Honda Goldwing
            2018 Suzuki V-Strom

Comment

Originally posted by Racer86 View Post
              You are very lucky that those rotors did not break up ( explode ) while you were on track. Ask me how I know. After my learning experience, we always timed our rotors out, and removed them way before they showed signs of even small surface cracking. High speed crashes are not much fun.
              Actually, I've been tracking my C7 Z51 for 6 seasons now, 10-20 track days per season here in the NW, and this is the only year I didn't swap out my rotors for "proper PM". Guess that's a life lesson. I've heard that as long as the surface cracks don't reach the edge you're still OK, but apparently not.😗
              C7 Track Dedicated Z51
              2018 Honda Goldwing
              2018 Suzuki V-Strom

Comment

Originally posted by VetteStromWing View Post
                Actually, I've been tracking my C7 Z51 for 6 seasons now, 10-20 track days per season here in the NW, and this is the only year I didn't swap out my rotors for "proper PM". Guess that's a life lesson. I've heard that as long as the surface cracks don't reach the edge you're still OK, but apparently not.😗
                The cracks can continue in the vanes of the rotor where you can’t see them. All it’s takes is the next stop for the crack to travel “ to the edge”.
                also how do you inspect the inside surface of the rotor with out taking the wheel off ? Be a pro, do it right, pads and rotors
                3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

Originally posted by Racer86 View Post

The cracks can continue in the vanes of the rotor where you can’t see them. All it’s takes is the next stop for the crack to travel “ to the edge”.
                  also how do you inspect the inside surface of the rotor with out taking the wheel off ? Be a pro, do it right, pads and rotors
                  Already rebuilt my calipers, new ST43s, new DBA rotors, and brake fluid flush.
                  C7 Track Dedicated Z51
                  2018 Honda Goldwing
                  2018 Suzuki V-Strom

Comment

I assume you are running DBA42762S/42761S discs - and then the 1001/1718 pads in ST-43? The C7 Z51 has been pretty hard on the front brakes for us.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X