Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

More Corvette Price and Reveal info -- maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Corvette Price and Reveal info -- maybe

https://oppositelock.kinja.com/mid-e...e-w-1830838138

In his latest YouTube video, the Louisville Chevy Dude, Mike Davenport, while speaking about why he believes that ZR1 will not be offered after 2019, states that:
    “...the reason behind that is because they’re getting ready to announce the mid engine car.”
    This seems to suggest that Mike Davenport, who sells many a ‘Vette, knows that the mid engine prototype we’ve all been assuming is a Corvette (because what else would it be (no, it’s not a Cadillac)) IS in fact the C8 Corvette. This would not be surprising, as it was reported by several outlets that GM revealed some info about the mid engine C8 Corvette to dealers back in April.

From there, he goes on to say that according to his sources, the C8 Corvette may not be debuting at the North American Auto Show in Detroit, due to some problems he won’t go into due to not wanting to “out” his source, and that it may instead be revealed at the Chicago Auto Show in early/mid February.

He then goes on to say that be believes that the base model of the 2020 C8 Corvette may cost $149,995, which is a fiver short of $39,000 more than the base MSRP of the 2019 Corvette ZR1. In my opinion, it’s got some pretty big shoes (performance-wise) to fill to justify such a huge increase in cost over the current Corvette Stingray’s base MSRP.

Whether this information turns out to be true or not, we won’t know until GM unveils the C8 Corvette, but I for one am hoping his MSRP estimate is inaccurate, because I think such a vast price increase will cause GM problems... it’s a big leap from the 2019 Corvette Stingray’s base MSRP of $59,950 to a base MSRP of $149,995 for the base model of the 2020 C8 Corvette. One has to wonder if it will still be the go-to “bang for buck” that the Corvette has traditionally been... it sure has to have a huge increase in performance to justify a price increase of over $90,000, in my opinion.
    Sure hope he's clueless about the price, because I really think at that price the Corvette is dead.

Here's the video. The relevant part starts at 12:39.

Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3300, TWP 5/17: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
    "...the base model of the 2020 C8 Corvette may cost $149,995"
    That will help the used Corvette market immensely.
    My C8:
    '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
    '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
    '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
    '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Whoa if MSRP is $150K ... I'll keep my C7. I remember when the C4 came out, it was $22K IIRC, and that seemed like a big jump from the 1982 base price of $18K. It was all new etc, but I thought that was outrageous 19% more. Ok I got over it and bought a C4. So if we apply the same GM logic of 19% on $58 K that would be $69K. I can certainly live with that, but $150K will take me out of the market. Hope not

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post

That will help the used Corvette market immensely.
        I'd have to agree with you on that . IF the C8 is even close to that price I'll be keeping my C7 very long time !

A thought if I might ...

Comment

I dont believe the $140 grand for pricing.

this spy shot vehicle we have been seeing is not a $140 grand car.

its easy to see that.

Comment

The crazy numbers some people are coming up with first it’s $169,000 now someone else says it’s s $140,000 and by the car is revealed, it will get down to it’s very realistic, and very affordable entry price.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

John, I truly hope you are correct about this but common sense does not point to that being the case. As I have suggested so many times in previous posts, there are way too many technological advances on this pending car, to facilitate a moderate price.
              Last edited by ltomn; 12-04-2018, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Yes, you and I disagree on this, and does Skank and me. We shall see when the car is revealed. As we all agree on, it is okay to disagree.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by ltomn View Post
                  John, I truly hope you are correct about this but common sense does not point to that being the case. As I have suggested so many times in previous posts, there are way too many technological advances on this pending car, to facilitate a moderate price.
                  I don't think we should assume that all those technological advances will appear on the base model. Just as the base Stingray doesn't have MRC or slotted disks standard (but offers MRC as an option), and the Z51 has slotted disks and the GS has both, and the Z06 has both plus a supercharger, the ME will be equipped with different levels of performance and different options.

I'd be willing to bet the "base" model ME still doesn't have MRC standard, and that all the ZF goodies shown in the CAD drawings (MR engine mounts, rear wheel steering), active aero, Iconel headers, etc. (see: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...7-fe-and-c8-me ) will either be optional, or won't appear at all until the Z06 or equivalent model shows up in year two).
                  Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3300, TWP 5/17: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

meyerweb, you have hit on the crux of the matter as to why I respectfully disagree as to MSRP on the 2020 pricing with both ltomn and Skank, for while they believe that the “entry” car will come standard with many tech advances, you and I do not.

I do expect however a “Porsche length” list of options, and the pricing of each one might not be pleasing to some. As one example, the 2019 C7’s price for carbon ceramic brakes is $7,500, where it is $10,000 for a Porsche and more than that for some exotics.

Might we for the 2020 Corvette see the price for carbon ceramics to increase to $8,500, and might we see a bunch of new-to-Corvette options added to its availability list at “goodly amounts?” I think the answer to both questions is yes, that is why I continue to believe that the entry MSRP for the 2020 Corvette will be surprisingly pleasing to many. I also agree with tooold2race, that is going to be darn easy to get to $90,000 and more, perhaps much more, for the 2020 entry Corvette. Lastly, when we see the Z06 version (or whatever GM chooses to call it in 2021, could it start at $99,999? I think it well could. And it could also have an extensive option list that might take someone above $135,000.

When Zora comes, could it come with most everything standard (except for its exterior and interior color choices), and start at $199,999? I think it could, or could be more than that.

Comment

If the base price is $150k, I will personally drive to headquarters, seek out GM leadership, and personally hand deliver a beautifully written Corvette eulogy that they can read to the media when they announce they are closing the corvette plant.

Comment

Not to worry; use that gas money you thought you would have spend driving to the Renaissance Building, for something you really will need to spend it on.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                          The crazy numbers some people are coming up with first it’s $169,000 now someone else says it’s s $140,000 and by the car is revealed, it will get down to it’s very realistic, and very affordable entry price.
                          You are correct. No one beyond a few hardcore fans will pay Porsche GT car pricing for a corvette. That business model does not work for Corvette, even if the corvette will give you more...people still won’t pay Porsche GT car pricing.

GM has already learned this lesson with Cadillac...whos models routinely deliver more power and performance capability than BMW and Mercedes....yet Cadillac models don’t sell like BMW and Mercedes.

Additionally, In 3 years that $150k corvette will be worth $70k on the used market... if you are lucky. All these high priced rumors are simply there to create bigger excitement when the car debuts at its typical price point.

If they announce that the base car WILL start at a ridiculous MSRP, then they deserve to go out of business.

Starting MSRPs:

Base car: $62k
                          Performance Version: $82k
                          Last edited by PaulChristian; 12-04-2018, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Most hope you are 100% correct in your pricing estimates.. We are budgeting higher than that however, so when it is announced we have enough for it, including every option we want, its paint treatment/protective mods and for a nice 3,000 mile ride home. And if there is left over from that, that money would become the start of our ME high perf fund.

Comment

kinda scary to wait, only have a 17 camaro 2ss vert now, planning on $75k-$80 max..... wanna hear something solid before all the $64k white , auto (wife), 2lt w/nav GS's are gone.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X