MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Corvette Today” Podcast Interview Justin of HorsePower Obsessed On Now

Steve Garrett delves into the world of YouTube re Corvettes for the first time! He speaks to Justin from HorsePower Obsessed. Learn how people make money on YouTube, hear about Justin's 2019 Black ZR1 Big Wing, and about the C8 he has on order. And also hear about Steve's C7 Stingray Carbon Fiber Edition Corvette. For current and past podcast links: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...-available-now
See more
See less

split window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• split window

In the late 50s- early 60s, the old TV sitcom "My Three Sons" was sponsored by Chevrolet and over the end credits they'd run film, pictures, drawings etc. of the Chevy models of that era...Corvairs, Novas, Impalas, etc. , but never any Corvettes. Then this morning, I was watching one from Fall 1962 and at the very end was none other than a brand new split window coupe. Seeing it in comparison with the other models makes you realize how radical and ahead of its time it was.

I remember that. Same thing with Bonanza , it was sponsored by Chevrolet and ran on Sunday nights. As a kid I remember that was where you got your first glimpse of the new Chevy models as you saw a 63 in a fall 62 episode. What a memory.

Comment

For a time, the iconic Bonanza theme song / intro with the period Ponderosa/Nevada /Lake Tahoe map that spontaneously burst into flames revealing the Cartwright clan galloping on that Zephyr Cove meadow towards the TV viewer ( with the glorious cobalt blue Lake in the background ) was "branded" with a smoking hot iron in the shape of the Chevrolet logo that swiveled into view to light said map on fire !

Comment

I remember the time clearly, being born and raised in Reno. My family was friends with one of the Bonanza executives and we hosted many members of the cast at our ranch. My passion for Corvettes started when I was 16 and I was fortunate enough to have one of the first Split Window Coupes in town. I was told I could have anything I wanted a long as I could pay for it. My car payments were $146 per month.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2EB35698-7525-425E-9C20-6A72E0BDE130_4_5005_c.jpeg
Views:	18
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	160524

2020 Blade Silver, Adrenalin Red, Z51 at 3,000 and counting.
        Last edited by qkrslvr; 07-01-2020, 08:04 AM.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
        Working...
        X