Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today’s News That “Corvette Fever” Returns

Corvette Fever magazine has not been published for a while. But Alan Colvin, a walking encyclopedia of GM cars as well as Corvette, has purchased the rights to Corvette Fever and has revived this publication! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-Colvin-euvkq2. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, visits with Alan to talk about the books he's written on Corvette and other GM products, his history with the old Corvette Fever magazine and how he plans to revive the publication. Plus, listen to this podcast and register to win one of 3-two year subscriptions to Corvette Fever that we're giving away exclusively on this episode! Listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast and win a subscription to Corvette Fever magazine!!!
2 of 4 < >

SGTMAJ USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER Joins MECF As A Featured Forum Vendor.

Welcome to SGTMAJ USMC USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER! We are so happy to have you now join us as a MECF Featured Forum Vendor. We can not wait to help your new business grow. We know you will provide a great transport service to our members and others!
3 of 4 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

Video: BGA Making C7’s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: BGA Making C7’s

I love watching Corvettes be built. Periodically I re0watch this or similar videos. Wish we could instead take plant tours...

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Thanks,
    I haven’t seen that video before ...
    A thought if I might ...

Comment

Great video, thanks.

Only did one plant tour way back curing C5 era, of course so much has changed, but watching the video almost looks the same, just more robotics.

Comment

According to several videos made by Kai Spande, not only was the entire plant gutted last fall during the 13 week shutdown, but major changes in the sequencing of parts’ assembly and the lines themselves have changed majorly since then. It will be so interesting to see all the differences when we get to re-enter the plant.

One of the biggest changes was no longer assembling body panels on the car in nine different areas, most near the beginning of the process, but now consolidating the placement of the panels close to the end of the assembly — with consequent less chance of paint damage. First, a couple of pictures, then two videos by BGA Plant Manager Kai Spande explaining a lot about the plant physical and process changes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B133976F-CBF5-4843-AF31-E55811BAAFF3.jpeg
Views:	14
Size:	512.8 KB
ID:	15317

Click image for larger version

Name:	4FF0D68C-22B0-488F-924F-16776A967F1E.jpeg
Views:	10
Size:	371.7 KB
ID:	15318

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Very kool video. I hope the new paint shop has addressed the orange peel problem. My 2017 GS is pretty bad.
          Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

There are lots of reviews of those who have gotten a new Corvette painted since November 6th in the new paint shop, very happy with their car’s paint. One of the most memorable ones was of a black one, in which he took a large amount of pictures, gave a detail analysis. Bottom line is that the 100 degree color temperatures in the new 120’ paint booths (compared to the 270 temps in the old, only 40’ paint booths), has resulted in less orange feel, and perhaps more important, less panel waviness. Are the new cars perfect? No, but neither were a few I saw at the Porsche dealership earlier this month. Saws also a couple of posts from folks who specifically commented that there second C7’s — both painted in the new paint shop, were far better than their first C7’s.

Are the new ones really, really good? Yes, and here is a picture of the first Elkart Lake Blue one in the Pacific Northwest that I took yesterday. It’s paint was really nice, and no panel waviness I could see (though as you can see from the picture, still was in its PDI process so there was still the hood having it protective traveling covering).

Click image for larger version  Name:	7304C653-E94C-4A40-8A2B-75D2E646BC77.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	2.66 MB ID:	15347

[email protected] has seen over 250 Corvettes painted in the new paint shop, and he gives the quality of their paint a double thumbs up (I talked to Mike about this very subject just a couple of days ago.

I am going to inspect a friend’s Shadow Gray Metallic GS within the next week. Hope it is just as good.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X