MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Do Not Post Anything Political On This Forum!

Violators will not as usual get a gentle private message. Anything posted from now on that is political SHALL result in a minimum one week banning. We do not care what side of the political realm you are on. Take your politics elsewhere! MECF is a car forum
See more
See less

C7z06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C7z06

The out going C7Z06 is a great car. Stock 7:10 at the ring. Then 22.3 on the skid pad is about 5th out of all production cars. Great brakes as well. Then really GM got the bugs out and then they switched out of the C7 to C8. Seemly cut short after only five years of production.
    GM did a good job of improving the car each year as they usually do.

The huge Corvette aftermarket leaves open a huge door for actually addressing any short comings thus improving the factory C7Z06.
    Lighter weight and nice increases in power and even improved rear balance and handling.
    The near 50 pounds of weight reduction comes mostly off the front of the car improving rear traction and balance. Just makes a really super sweet fantastic machine.
    Faster and above what the stock car do. With even improved MPG if you care about that.

Just finished up with the second of two modified Z06's the A8 and the M7. Just rediscovered the Halltech tric unit as well as it gives some extra boost at high speeds.
    Like boost by gear sorta.
    Not shown in dyno numbers but you can tell it works.
    Had the some of the mods on a 2015 and loved the combo so much I bought another this time a A8 and built the A8 and then bought a new Z06 M7 and the returned the 2015 to stock and added the mods back on a new M7.

A8
    Halltech tric unit
    Magnuson 2300 /80mm upper / home ported port matched snout
    ZR1 throttle body
    AFE intake with hi flow blue filter
    DSC shock controller
    M&M Catch can set-up
    2 inch American Racing coated headers w/cats
    NGK 7 plugs racing plugs
    3500 pounds/ full of fuel

120 rwhp over stock / still on pump gas

M7 (w/improved fuel supply)
    Halltech tric unit
    Magnuson 2300 /75mm upper/home ported snout
    ZR1 throttle body
    AFE intake hi flow blue filter
    M&M catch can setup
    2 inch American Racing Headers w/cats
    Ngk 7 racing plugs
    15 pounds of boost
    dyno and weight this week
    anxious to see the results looking for 710 rwhp

Congratulations on a trio or duo of c7 z06 s...

fabulous and iconic

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post

fabulous and iconic
      I agree!
      Best Corvettes ever made or ever will be in the FE. Is ME 100 percent better than FE? IMO NO! In exchange for a 0-60 time it gives up performance measures to the FE design like the skid pad and braking and weight.

Comment

fabulous and iconic
        Thanks JB more impressed everyday! The stock car is fantastic and the fantastic aftermarket has made up for all the short comings. Actually thinking now I should have bought another A8. But My A8 is a 2017 and just flipped 10k so it is just broken in and performs incredible.
        I have mods and it did 650 rwhp on the mustang dyno. which is near 800hp with the A8
        The thing missing for the 2018-19 is the DSC shock controller. Still shocked at that
        mod. I don't expect anyone to believe it but I will have a slip in the 9's at over 140 and it 0-60 is super quick as well I was spinning with traction control on. STOCK
        Now it hooks at amazing power levels with the stock MPSS now feels like slick.

It is a replacement computer for your shocks. Called the DSC controller. Worked good on the M7 but AM totally shocked how extremely good on the A8. I now have a totally amazing machine. I was just out in 46 degree weather. I am NOW feeling like 4 wheel drive or ME stuck to the road I go with 0 spin with a lot of throttle . Before it would spin even with traction control on I could use maybe 25 percent then spin under these conditions. NOW traction control OFF I can sprint to 100 in few seconds with 0 spin not full tilt but like 600-700 to the ground thing makes 800hp
        plus. Handling is much improved as well! Like I said don't have to believe it hard to believe myself.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	0415201347.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.18 MB ID:	138520 Mustang dyno numbers this one reads a little lower on the rwhp numbers compared to a dyno jet but a lot lower on the rwtq or maybe the dyno jets read high on the rwtq as well. Not reflected on the dyno sheet added after the dyno
          the fat AFR coupled with the Halltech tric adds boost by gear. Faster you go the more boost/hp you make. See proof at the Halltech website for testing rsults and computer logs on the tric .
          It works by increasing the efficiency of the superchager by adding ambient pressurized air to the air box the blower draws air much easier So it it making considerbly more HP at speed. Pretty insane how fast both cars are.
          Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 04-15-2020, 04:19 PM.

Comment

fabulous and iconic
            Had a coupe of chances to see how the C7 Z06 w/ 800 crank hp stacks with a few runs in Mexico. Tried to get a video but the PDR card was full or some other reason it didn't capture it. Hoping to find a new Demon or ZR1 to play with But a newer ACR Viper want to play and the highway was empty. The C7Z pulled him so hard. He couldn't wait to get off the highway no rematches were needed. I also dusted a Camaro both cars were given the jump them I go and the Z06 comes blowing by them. The Viper I was in the manual and in the A8 against the Camaro. Neither car could begin to match up!

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Z06ZR1 View Post
              The out going C7Z06 is a great car. Stock 7:10 at the ring. Then 22.3 on the skid pad is about 5th out of all production cars. Great brakes as well. Then really GM got the bugs out and then they switched out of the C7 to C8. Seemly cut short after only five years of production.
              GM did a good job of improving the car each year as they usually do.

The huge Corvette aftermarket leaves open a huge door for actually addressing any short comings thus improving the factory C7Z06.
              Lighter weight and nice increases in power and even improved rear balance and handling.
              The near 50 pounds of weight reduction comes mostly off the front of the car improving rear traction and balance. Just makes a really super sweet fantastic machine.
              Faster and above what the stock car do. With even improved MPG if you care about that.

Just finished up with the second of two modified Z06's the A8 and the M7. Just rediscovered the Halltech tric unit as well as it gives some extra boost at high speeds.
              Like boost by gear sorta.
              Not shown in dyno numbers but you can tell it works.
              Had the some of the mods on a 2015 and loved the combo so much I bought another this time a A8 and built the A8 and then bought a new Z06 M7 and the returned the 2015 to stock and added the mods back on a new M7.

A8
              Halltech tric unit
              Magnuson 2300 /80mm upper / home ported port matched snout
              ZR1 throttle body
              AFE intake with hi flow blue filter
              DSC shock controller
              M&M Catch can set-up
              2 inch American Racing coated headers w/cats
              NGK 7 plugs racing plugs
              3500 pounds/ full of fuel

120 rwhp over stock / still on pump gas

M7 (w/improved fuel supply)
              Halltech tric unit
              Magnuson 2300 /75mm upper/home ported snout
              ZR1 throttle body
              AFE intake hi flow blue filter
              M&M catch can setup
              2 inch American Racing Headers w/cats
              Ngk 7 racing plugs
              15 pounds of boost
              dyno and weight this week
              anxious to see the results looking for 710 rwhp

Mine makes a little more but you will love it! Love having to be careful now with the nannies off! It will get away from you quickly but yours is set up a little differently than mine is. I have more internal work done to get more on the bottom end of the rpm range. Easy way to pick up about 30hp or more is to do an E85 conversion. The tune will be on the dyno running 100% E85 and then when you run just super or a mix it will compensate so no worries.

Really the tune is the secret making the car run hard after modifications. Fine line between running too hard and uh oh it went boom!

You are going to love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Busa Dave View Post

Mine makes a little more but you will love it! Love having to be careful now with the nannies off! It will get away from you quickly but yours is set up a little differently than mine is. I have more internal work done to get more on the bottom end of the rpm range. Easy way to pick up about 30hp or more is to do an E85 conversion. The tune will be on the dyno running 100% E85 and then when you run just super or a mix it will compensate so no worries.

Really the tune is the secret making the car run hard after modifications. Fine line between running too hard and uh oh it went boom!

You are going to love it!
                What internal work are you running? I have a great very professional tuner so no worries on the tunes. You want to get the DSC controller to help put down the power
                they add a lot traction and make high power traction much better.

Even adds a MUCH better than factory launch mode and that it actually ADDS traction it helps a lot verse's the factory one that does NOTHING for traction.
                My numbers are Mustang numbers and most all dyno jets read higher in Horsepower and some get very happy and read much higher on the RWTQ.
                I doubt 700 rwhp actually is with 800 rwtq like you see. Just like on stock numbers More likely real life the RWTQ is lower than the HP but Dyno jets are weighted rollers.
                I'm very satisfied with my build packages 9's is fast enough for me. If I can be where I want with out e fuels is great since they really are an inconvenience for me.

The Halltech Tric is very underrated. Nobody I know is running it, it doesn't show on the dyno but it is felt at speed in the power delivery.

I don't have access to E fuels like a lot of areas do. You still can add race gas or you can find E-85 and add about 3 gallons then fill with non ethanol premium and that seems to give you the same as the race gas. Was doing that when I was keeping 1 Corvette in the midwest playing with liter bikes They kept it close till around 100 then the Corvette would pull away on them.
                Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 06-06-2020, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Work on everything on the top end, no pistons and crank literally yes heads, do not remember the cam grind, connecting rods, intake, rockers arms/springs. Hall already on CAI, catch can, meth injection, larger intercooler tank, blower work and different size pulley, some fuel system work, headers, no cats Borla ATAK (am sure I left out a few things this is from memory). Also this is a stone cold fact that unless the car has been tuned to run on E85 or a mix even (required hardware and software to know what tune to run) you are wasting your time and in fact decreasing your HP. My MPG is almost half (60%) when running E85.

Mine spent about 3 hours on the dyno with the specific tunes being developed for the Nanny settings on the laptop and then another couple of runs to fine tune it in. At WOT sounds like a NASCAR, I have the tuning file on my computer, backup and memory stick I keep in the car.
                  Last edited by Busa Dave; 06-06-2020, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Busa Dave View Post
                    Work on everything on the top end, no pistons and crank literally yes heads, do not remember the cam grind, connecting rods, intake, rockers arms/springs. Hall already on CAI, catch can, meth injection, larger intercooler tank, blower work and different size pulley, some fuel system work, headers, no cats Borla ATAK (am sure I left out a few things this is from memory). Also this is a stone cold fact that unless the car has been tuned to run on E85 or a mix even (required hardware and software to know what tune to run) you are wasting your time and in fact decreasing your HP. My MPG is almost half (60%) when running E85.

Mine spent about 3 hours on the dyno with the specific tunes being developed for the Nanny settings on the laptop and then another couple of runs to fine tune it in. At WOT sounds like a NASCAR, I have the tuning file on my computer, backup and memory stick I keep in the car.
                    If you run straight premium you can spike the tank with e-85 to increase octane or race gas so you get full timing which is key. No doubt about that. 92 octane is not enough and car picks up good power
                    with better fuel. Makes no sense to do the top end to me and all that build work and leave the stock 1.7 blower. My 685 rwhp on the mustang dyno is more than 700 easy on a dyno jet.
                    Dyno'd on that 92 octane an 1 8oz bottle of lucas octane boost.
                    I do my own work. Everything less the tune. My tuner is as good as it as good gets for tuning. Rather not run 85 when the closest around is 50 miles.
                    Car is around for anyone who wants play. The M7 is the better set-up for rolling races 60 and up and the A8 is better from the dig.
                    Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 07-26-2020, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Z06ZR1 View Post

If you run straight premium you can spike the tank with e-85 to increase octane or race gas so you get full timing which is key. No doubt about that. 92 octane is not enough and car picks up good power
                      with better fuel. Makes no sense to do the top end to me and all that build work and leave the stock 1.7 blower. My 685 rwhp on the mustang dyno is more than 700 easy on a dyno jet.
                      Dyno'd on that 92 octane an 1 8oz bottle of lucas octane boost.
                      I do my own work. Everything less the tune. My tuner is as good as it as good gets for tuning. Rather not run 85 when the closest around is 50 miles.
                      Car is around for anyone who wants play. The M7 is the better set-up for rolling races 60 and up and the A8 is better from the dig.
                      My car has the E85 hardware and software and a completely different tune runs automatically when E85 is used. My car has spent a "few" hours on the dyno with the tune being optimized was one of the earlier ZO6 engines done by my builder 5 picks up hp over 92 because it is burning a lot more of it. MPG goes to almost to half on E85.

Comment

I value the quiet as well as the power so I do love headers but I could never run Borla's with No cats.
                        1. can't stand the noise My car's are not race cars just very fast street cars that I daily drive both. 2. Can't stand the smell the little bit more power you may get is not worth it!
                        3 I enjoy the fantastic MPG while still able to take done pretty much any stock car running around.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X